Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi !

I'm restoring my DW backglass, and the previous owners made "miracles" with the translite.

There were 4 types of adhesive putting together the glass, the translite and the broken trims : masking tape, crystal tape, a large reinforced black tape and another reinforced tape that leaves crossed fabric in place when taken off.

So now, my translite and glass have been separated carefully, no harm done, but there is still mixed glues from the adhesives on every translite border. And I've read not to use solvents on a translite back.

What are your tips and tricks to clean that up ?

PS : I don't have access to the same products than in the US so if you could describe the type of product rather than giving the product name, that would be great !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-adhesive-on-a-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.