(Topic ID: 151452)

Cleaning 44 bulb sockets, whats your method?

By GreenMachine19

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352331769_782134066835996_2353068619523570471_n (resized).jpg
Nail_dremel_(resized).jpg
socket_stick_medium_(resized).jpg
20140828_171939_(resized).jpg
Dremel_Grinding_Stone_Aluminum_Oxide_Grinding_Stones,_Grinding_and_Sharpen__(EN)_r19845v15_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have been using 50/50 CLR and water. I dunk them in for a minute or two and wash out with alcohol. This turns that white oxidation right back to bare metal. Interested in hearing any other methods out there.

#12 8 years ago

I've tried wire pipe cleaners with the dremel, scotch brite, toothbrush and purple power. This is just something I tried out of the blue and it works great. Especially inside where the little spring is. It just gets rid of everything kind of like evaporust but just takes a minute or so.

7 years later
#27 11 months ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Quick question. We have a Playboy (‘78 Bally playboy) we are fixing up and a few of the #44 bulb sockets need cleaning.
Can we clean with CLR on a q-tip while still attached to the playfield? Or do we have to desolder/remove before cleaning?
Thanks for any help anybody can offer. Lbe

I would leave it wired and just remove the screw and pull it down far enough to dunk it in a cap of the solution. Like a shot glass or something. When the fizzing stops rinse and clean with alcohol. Dry it and reinstall. Surprised this thread came back from the dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-44-bulb-sockets-whats-your-method?tu=greenmachine19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.