(Topic ID: 267626)

Cleaned my MM now it's impossible to play...

By Edster

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I cleaned up my MM yesterday. Playfield is cc'd. Was dirty before but now nice and clean and it plays so fast that there is air balls all the time and it's near impossible to play. Should I wax the playfield? I don't know but it played fine when it was dirty, now it's on steroids.

This happened to my IMDN as well. Once i cleaned it the auto-fire never worked right. Then it got dirty again and it started working again.

Argh.

#2 3 years ago

Don't wax it if it's already too fast.
    Get your ass kicked for awhile.
    Level the game differently.
    Bend stand ups forward/add foam behind the targets.
    Turn down coil power if it's a remake.

These are some of your options.

#3 3 years ago

Possibly adjusting the flipper EOS switches so they get a little less power or switching to lower power flipper coils? Is the pitch correct, you could tweak that up a bit too I guess and see if helps.

#4 3 years ago

It's an original. Pitch it correct. I do have foam behind the targets but I will try to adjust them. Is it possible the bats are a bit too low or high? Flippers do seem super strong so I will try the EOS switches. Coils are correct. I've had the game for a long time but it's like a blazing shots now. At one point the ball got airbourne and flew over the flippers into the trough. Now that pissed me off.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

At one point the ball got airbourne and flew over the flippers into the trough. Now that pissed me off.

When I play regularly that happens to me all the time on pretty much any game.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

When I play regularly that happens to me all the time on pretty much any game.

Glad it's not just me

#7 3 years ago

It’s normal. It will settle down.

#8 3 years ago

Adjusting EOS won't affect strength on a fliptronics game.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

It's an original. Pitch it correct. I do have foam behind the targets but I will try to adjust them. Is it possible the bats are a bit too low or high? Flippers do seem super strong so I will try the EOS switches. Coils are correct. I've had the game for a long time but it's like a blazing shots now. At one point the ball got airbourne and flew over the flippers into the trough. Now that pissed me off.

No such thing as correct pitch, just recommended pitch. Toss that recommendation in the toilet. Crank up the rear legs to max and join the world of fast and furious pinball, where real men flip metal for kicks.

#10 3 years ago

Lol, I remember playing games at the arcade when I was in high school. The pitch was so high it was impossible to make any shots. Now that was fast.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

So I cleaned up my MM yesterday. Playfield is cc'd. Was dirty before but now nice and clean and it plays so fast that there is air balls all the time and it's near impossible to play. Should I wax the playfield? I don't know but it played fine when it was dirty, now it's on steroids.
    This happened to my IMDN as well. Once i cleaned it the auto-fire never worked right. Then it got dirty again and it started working again.
    Argh.

I just did a teardown, clean and wax if my MMr last week. It was the same thing. Way faster. And my ramps shots are off due to the increased spéed. Its tough to play a pin after. All of the sudden it's playing different. Than what you have been used too over hundreds of games.

Getting back into the groove again now though.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

switching to lower power flipper coils?

Stock flipper coils are fine whether a game is clean or not. They worked during the design process, they’ll work after cleaning.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaned-my-mm-now-it-s-impossible-to-play?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.