IMG_9434 (resized).JPG
IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
110A0587 (resized).jpg
110A0676 (resized).jpg
110A0603 (resized).jpg
110A0646 (resized).jpg
110A0585 (resized).jpg
110A0561 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Sweet! Can't wait. Gonna bring at least one game. Hopefully more.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

That Eight Ball Deluxe was my top played game in the free play area. Thanks for bringing it!
Big Game was pretty sweet too.

I'm definitely bringing one of them again and maybe GOT if no one else brings one. If I bring EBD again it should run a lot better. The drops were acting up last time.

#16 8 years ago

Louisville in March is the weekend. I'm sure a lot of other ones are too.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

You should have more of those old cool arcade machines. Those were the best part of the show

Those were awesome. Except Combat. Don't bring Combat. Haha. Unless the sound can be turned off. Whoa baby that was intense.

3 months later
#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

For those who may be living under a rock, the Ohio Pinball Show is in a couple of days. Thursday the 31st, Friday the 1st, and Saturday the 2nd.
And in CLE•PIN news, the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show is part of the PAPA circuit this year.

Do we know if the tournament will be any different this year? I assume the player count is going to go way up, and I would love to see similar qualifying to last year as there were never any huge lines.

#44 8 years ago

Hopefully enough games in the banks too. I am willing to offer up a couple games to the classics bank if need be.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

What is considered classic? Just EM's? 1980 and below?

The classics bank at LAX had alien poker, skateball, meteor, paragon, and Flash Gordon. Not sure on the rules of what makes the game in classics but my guess is early SS and before. Or maybe as simple as non-DMD.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

There's a chance the PAPA crew will run the tournament like they do with LAX. If not I will personally make sure we switch to DTM and have other systems in place to have the event modernized (Andy Rosa used a great system for line management at Pinwars which I would like to adapt for the Cleveland Show).

What are the details of this line management? I would love to get a text when I'm next in line to play something so I can still hangout at the show while waiting to play.

4 weeks later
#58 7 years ago

I can bring two games again this year. Any requests? I know i know it will take days to decide from my vast collection. Haha. I should have a LW3 available by then too.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I could play that EBD all day!

I have fixed all the issues I was having with it last year. Maybe I could give it a go again. That thing just sucks to break down. We shall see. If I bring baby Pacman it might reduce my game capacity to one. I will measure and see.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Just rent a box truck so you can swing by my place and pick up my pins too. I'll give you $3 for your efforts. In Pesos.

I thought you got a new rig to haul your collection around?

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

Classics already have Paragon, Eight ball deluxe, and Skateball to name a few. All cleared

Need a big game for that lineup? I know a guy.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Also CLEPIN will for sure have DTM. If PAPA isn't there to set it up then I'll be able to get it set up.
I haven't been to an event that uses DTM's electronic queue system, so if anyone's been to a show that's used it (ex. Louisville), I'm all ears to listening to how it works and seeing if it would work for us.

I thought it was easy to use it at LAX. They also had TVs up that showed the queue for each game so you could see where you were in line. If you don't have a smart phone you can get your name in the queue with one of the score keepers. I would love to have a text alert feature that would tell you when you're next up for a game though.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is there any screen in DTM that compiles all the queues into one place

The TV screen I always looked at in LAX had all the games in classics on one screen and had the queue for each game on that screen. Cannot remember the setup for main. I didn't play in that one.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

I habe to disagree. The chip system is perfect. It was nice to get a visual representation of who was in line, and what games were busy, without having to take out my phone.

Wouldn't it get pretty messy with over a hundred player chips all over the place? Just seems very inefficient to me.

2 months later
#105 7 years ago

I cannot make pinburgh so this is the next show I get to go to. Come on Sept!!

2 weeks later
#114 7 years ago

I don't know if there is a better bang for your buck show. Had so much fun last year. I plan to make it to as many of these as possible.

#116 7 years ago

I vote for big hit and or fireball!!

#137 7 years ago

There were one person deep lines at worst in CLE last year.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This sounds great. We are going to do it. Any VIP tickets left? How much do they run?

75 bucks. Do it.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I know skateball and ebd at least for classics. Restored, perfect fast playing ones done by tom. His AFM might be a main tourney game. Cant remember all the one's he told me but they'll play better than the best one's youve ever played of any of his.

I gave Don the heads up, but I am willing to use my Big Game in the classics tournament if you guys need more games. Great shape and plays fast and difficult.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Games list is coming soon, as well as another huge tournament announcement

Are all the tournament games going to the the wacky pinball Olympic Games? Haha

#176 7 years ago

First couple games revealed for the tournament.

Classics- Stern Magic
Main - AFM

1 week later
#188 7 years ago

Do we know what games are going to be in the 24 hour game room this year?

#195 7 years ago

Loving the slow reveal of all the tournament games. Keep it coming! Any playfield glass that will be for sale at the show?

#198 7 years ago

Vote for big Indian. Haven't played that since I was like 10.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from kvolak:

So where am I eating around this place?

There's a good sports bar across the street. I remember the food being good too. First NFL game is Thursday night, so I'll probably go there to watch the game and get a bite. Not sure about other places and cannot remember the name of this place.

#238 7 years ago

Total main bank as of now

AFM
EBD
FH
TWD assume Pro from the pic

Sweet!!

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

2nd year for me but first bringing a pin with me! I was planning on just leaving a note on it with my name and number for FS/FT, is that what folks normally do?

I think they will have tags at the show you can fill out and put it on your game.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

» YouTube video

Haha. Well played George.

#275 7 years ago

Is the main gameroom staying open 24 hours to hotel guests, or will there be a separate room like last year? Any idea what games are going in there?

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

I would probably say Friday. On Saturday (at least in the afternoon) a lot of pins have been sold/taken home already so you don't get the full show's worth.
On a different note, anyone know what time setup is on Friday? I can't make it Thursday, but am bringing in my pin on Friday morning. And I assume there will be people available to help bring pins in?

Send me a PM if you need help unloading Friday morning I will be there and have a hydraulic dolly and a hand truck.

#303 7 years ago

CFTBL and MET added to the tournament bank.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from frankie898:

Any more updates for the classics bank of tournament games?

I think there is just one more to announce for both banks. I'm on pins and needles! Great lineups already. I'm sure some huge scores are gonna be posted.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

You knit those yourself Keith?? 10k by Christmas

I'm in for a set.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Any idea what the cost is with discount? How much beer should i bring?

Like 90 a night I think.

Bring a lot of beer. Haha

#357 7 years ago

Trying to access the FB event page and it's not working. Anyone else having issues? Trying to see it on my iPhone. The rest of FB seems to be working correctly.

#361 7 years ago

Weird. The iOS app works but not safari website.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are you over 50? That's the only people that use facebook now.

Haha. Tell me about it. I hadn't used it in 4 years now use it for pinball only stuff, local league, some private groups. That's why I use it in safari and not the app.

#368 7 years ago

No.

Quoted from GravitaR:

Hope the remaining games entice me more.
So far they have:
Main: AFM, TWD, FH, EBD, MET, CFTBL
Classics: Magic, Skateball, QSlvr, Aerobatics

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

What's the story with beer? OK to bring our own??

I had no issue last year.

#388 7 years ago

All packed up! Took some Tetris maneuvers to get baby pac and big game to fit, but we're good to go!

I hope pinball machines can lay on their sides haha.

#417 7 years ago

Who's the sick bastard that brought barbwire? Haha. I couldn't lose the ball if i tried and it had a ball save for hours.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Was it fun? I've never played that game but usually enjoy playing those gottleib DMDs.

Haha yeah it's cool. The layout is very similar to stargate. Just didn't understand the unusual ball save time. So long. And it's on 5 ball. Just played too long. The left flipper is soggy too so some shots are not hittable from that. Hard to say for sure but I def like stargate, waterworld, and even Mario Andretti better.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

great show yesterday
lots of good games
most played by me were Mystery Castle & Spirit
I now understand the hype about Spirit, its just awesome
Thanks to everyone for bringing games, sorry I was a slacker and brought none

Yeah dude. That spirit made big game look like a steaming pile of garbage. Haha

#466 7 years ago

Had a blast! The tournament was lots of fun and was ran very very well by Jeffrey and Tommy. My games were played all weekend with no issues so that's always good.

It was great to meet all kinds of new Pinhead friends and also catch up with people I met at last year's show. This one is locked in on my calendar for years to come!

Thanks again to everyone else that contributes to the show.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I had a great time at the show. Nice job Don and Marvin. There were lots of games I have never seen before.
I really wanted to play the Rob Zombie pinball but it was broken the whole time we were there Saturday.

IMO you're not missing much.

#486 7 years ago

Loved playing your Big Hit and Fireball mot. I played them at least 5 times a piece. Thanks for bringing them!

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I can't believe how much Apple Time stole from other companies. Fantastic that it was at the show.

It was fun playing it trying to figure out what all the sounds were from. Haha

#518 7 years ago

How on earth did I miss mister gloves? Damn....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cle%e2%80%a2pin-cleveland-pinball-and-arcade-show-sept-8-9-and-10-2016?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.