IMG_9434 (resized).JPG
IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
110A0587 (resized).jpg
110A0676 (resized).jpg
110A0603 (resized).jpg
110A0646 (resized).jpg
110A0585 (resized).jpg
110A0561 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 7 years ago

I'm a bit confused about the VIP tickets. Are they already gone? Or going on sale in a few weeks?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I'm a bit confused about the VIP tickets. Are they already gone? Or going on sale in a few weeks?

You haven't missed out, they are not sold out. They will be going on sale soon.

Stay tuned!

#53 7 years ago

Another pin show to go to. Life is good.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are the details of this line management? I would love to get a text when I'm next in line to play something so I can still hangout at the show while waiting to play.

Each player gets a poker chip with his/her name on it. There's a large paper grid that represents all the games and lines for them. You set your chip down at the end of the line of the game, and then when it's your turn to play you hand your ticket over and start the game. Once you're done you grab your chip back and shift the line up.

Ended up using it at the Ohio Show and it worked very well, although Don didn't like it and wants something different for the Cleveland Show. Currently thinking of new things to do, want to get something that works in the same way as the chips but has a cleaner/more professional presentation.

#55 7 years ago

What about picture ID's & lanyard. I could help whip up a badge if needed.

#56 7 years ago

http://clevelandpinballshow.com/GetTickets

Ticket sales are now live!

Get your VIP tickets before they sell out!

#57 7 years ago

Ticketed, Is it September yet?

#58 7 years ago

I can bring two games again this year. Any requests? I know i know it will take days to decide from my vast collection. Haha. I should have a LW3 available by then too.

#59 7 years ago

baby pac for sure. I cant rememeber a show where I saw one of those last.

#60 7 years ago

I could play that EBD all day!

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I could play that EBD all day!

I have fixed all the issues I was having with it last year. Maybe I could give it a go again. That thing just sucks to break down. We shall see. If I bring baby Pacman it might reduce my game capacity to one. I will measure and see.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have fixed all the issues I was having with it last year. Maybe I could give it a go again. That thing just sucks to break down. We shall see. If I bring baby Pacman it might reduce my game capacity to one. I will measure and see.

Just rent a box truck so you can swing by my place and pick up my pins too. I'll give you $3 for your efforts. In Pesos.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Just rent a box truck so you can swing by my place and pick up my pins too. I'll give you $3 for your efforts. In Pesos.

I thought you got a new rig to haul your collection around?

#64 7 years ago

New this year to the Cleveland Pinball And Arcade Show

PAPA Circuit Event! We will be running a Main Tournament, and a Classic tournament. This tournament promises to please!

24 Gameroom will be setup in the front hallway. We will have aload of games in the hallway on Friday night for everyone to enjoy after the official show closing! No more back room!! Plus bar is open til 2am

Discount Room rates!!! If you plan on staying please contact the Holiday Inn, and use code PIN for discount. If you book with a outside source please let the hotel know your there for the show!

Last VIP's Will go fast if your interested in Spending Thrus, Friday, And Sat with us this is the way to go. You will receive and welcome bag with all your extras in it

Alot more will be announced in the coming months, we plan on this year being better and bigger then ever!!

Thanks,

Don and Marvin

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought you got a new rig to haul your collection around?

$3600 repair bill on my car axed that.

#66 7 years ago

At the austin tx circuit event papa people came in and ran it. I hear Don might be sourcing some pins from great restorers for the tourney. Playing games that play like new with burning fast auto cleared fields.... Awesomeness.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

At the austin tx circuit event papa people came in and ran it. I hear Don might be sourcing some pins from great restorers for the tourney. Playing games that play like new with burning fast auto cleared fields.... Awesomeness.

I guess my F-14 won't be in the tournament again. Lol

#68 7 years ago

Classics already have Paragon, Eight ball deluxe, and Skateball to name a few. All cleared

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

Classics already have Paragon, Eight ball deluxe, and Skateball to name a few. All cleared

Need a big game for that lineup? I know a guy.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Need a big game for that lineup? I know a guy.

Might take you up on that

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Each player gets a poker chip with his/her name on it. There's a large paper grid that represents all the games and lines for them. You set your chip down at the end of the line of the game, and then when it's your turn to play you hand your ticket over and start the game. Once you're done you grab your chip back and shift the line up.
Ended up using it at the Ohio Show and it worked very well, although Don didn't like it and wants something different for the Cleveland Show. Currently thinking of new things to do, want to get something that works in the same way as the chips but has a cleaner/more professional presentation.

Please don't take this the wrong way but the "poker chip line que" was absolutely terrible.

There are currently 2 different app+web type solutions that are the "professional" way to go.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=161

https://matchplay.events/

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Please don't take this the wrong way but the "poker chip line que" was absolutely terrible.
There are currently 2 different app+web type solutions that are the "professional" way to go.

Matchplay queuing was awful. Tried doing it at the start and there were too many people coming and going and changing their minds for us to be able to enter anything in advance. Just consumed too much time to be going in and out of the software quenes and entering names. Even if there was a system to allow people to manage their own spot in line on the electronic service (which I assume there may be), not everyone has a smart phone. You'd be surprised how many people had to ask me to tell them their scores because the Matchplay big screen mode didn't show it, and they didn't have a phone to check.

Plus people I talked to really enjoyed the chip system because they could very quickly glance and see where all the lines are and choose/change their place in line appropriately. No need to fool around with any computers or electronic devices, and many people could all be using it at once.

I mean I'm all for using tech, but throughout all my thinking and searching I just can't seem to find anything that simulates the speed, simplicity, and ease of access to all that a physical system provides.

#73 7 years ago

Also CLEPIN will for sure have DTM. If PAPA isn't there to set it up then I'll be able to get it set up.

I haven't been to an event that uses DTM's electronic queue system, so if anyone's been to a show that's used it (ex. Louisville), I'm all ears to listening to how it works and seeing if it would work for us.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Also CLEPIN will for sure have DTM. If PAPA isn't there to set it up then I'll be able to get it set up.
I haven't been to an event that uses DTM's electronic queue system, so if anyone's been to a show that's used it (ex. Louisville), I'm all ears to listening to how it works and seeing if it would work for us.

We just used it at Pinball at the Zoo and I was at Louisville. All of the reviews were very positive. Its a system that does require commitments from scorekeepers and front desk personnel to run it. You need equipment to run it (tv or projector) and the knowledge to explain it. But if you have that, then its a no brainer. It was praised by everyone playing in our tournament.

We used a system where people could do it themselves if they wanted to, but also included more options as well.
Option 1: do it yourself on your phone.
Option 2: flag down a scorekeeper with a tablet to put you in the queue.
Option 3: talk to the front desk person to put you on a game.

Its a very simple system to use once you get started. Can help you out as needed if you want. I also plan to be at the show as well.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I thought it was easy to use it at LAX. They also had TVs up that showed the queue for each game so you could see where you were in line. If you don't have a smart phone you can get your name in the queue with one of the score keepers. I would love to have a text alert feature that would tell you when you're next up for a game though.

#76 7 years ago

Is there any screen in DTM that compiles all the queues into one place?

Also I put together a survey about the Ohio Show tournament, and will see if I can get it sent out to all IFPA Registered members who participated in the tournament (same thing PAPA did for the Circuit surveys last year). Will use feedback from that to see what can be improved for Cleveland and next year's Ohio Show.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is there any screen in DTM that compiles all the queues into one place?

Yes. And updates automatically. When you get things set up with Karl, he asks if you want queues or not. If you say yes, he sends a display link to you for queues.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is there any screen in DTM that compiles all the queues into one place

The TV screen I always looked at in LAX had all the games in classics on one screen and had the queue for each game on that screen. Cannot remember the setup for main. I didn't play in that one.

#79 7 years ago

Alright, I have a set-up in mind with a touch-screen all-in-one (or large tablet, whichever I'm able to get), and then a large TV monitor, where the queues are easily visible on the monitor, and people are able to jump in very quickly on the touch-screen device and manage their position very quickly, without having to get out their phone and do all that (but people could of course use their phone if they're able to and want to).

Is the omniscient queue screen available to everyone, or does it have to be accessed by an admin account in big picture mode? Because when I was following along with Louisville at home I didn't see that anywhere.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I habe to disagree. The chip system is perfect. It was nice to get a visual representation of who was in line, and what games were busy, without having to take out my phone.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

I habe to disagree. The chip system is perfect. It was nice to get a visual representation of who was in line, and what games were busy, without having to take out my phone.

Wouldn't it get pretty messy with over a hundred player chips all over the place? Just seems very inefficient to me.

#82 7 years ago

An awful lot of complaining for something that's over 4 months away

#83 7 years ago

Times flies, 4 months will be here before you know it. The tournament guys are just ironing out details so it's smooth sailing in September.

#84 7 years ago

I should probably get going on that EBD then....

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

First of all, NO system is perfect. LAX and every single tournament that I have ever seen using an electronic system, have all worked well.

If you have an LCD screen with the que displayed (better yet, a projector displayed on the wall), why would you need a phone?

Regarding the "poker chip" que:
How about those that simply walk away after they put their chip up on the board, then return to just put it on another game. There is zero accountability using that system. I saw it happen a dozen time at the Ohio show.

Also, it was a PITA to try and search through 70 poker chips to find the one with my name on it every time I wanted to play a game. Makes no sense at all with 100+ people. An electronic way to organize 100 people is much more efficient, IF you know how to choose the right application, and you know how to use it.

Also, if there are a dozen people crowded around the table, how do I push through each time I want to check on my status in the que? Much better to have that on a display or wall so everyone can keep the ques in check.

This isn't rocket science. 1 monitor with que pointing to that webpage, 1 monitor with scores pointing to that webpage.

If you set it up right, you just need the PEOPLE TAKING THE SCORES to have the devices that update both the que+score pages.

Is it perfect? Of course not. It takes some planning and testing before hand to ensure a smooth operation at the given event. You also need the electronic means (and an internet connection) to make it work. I am willing provide BOTH of these things for FREE, if they are needed.

#86 7 years ago

Sadly I'm missing this one, but I agree with Alex that the DTM queue system is the way to go. It's great to be able to put your name on a queue (especially if it's a long player like GoT) and go walk around and do whatever the eff you want for a half hour...keep track of the queue on your phone, and go back before it's your turn.

If you're next on the queue when it's your turn, they take your name off and you have to re-queue (sorry boutchya). It's fair, efficient, and so freakin' easy for the tournament players.

As a scorekeeper, putting someone on a queue for another game was easy too. Didn't take longer than 5-10 seconds once you got used to it. Karl has also added other options that make it quicker such as "void and re-queue" which is just a one button solution for someone that is just playing a game over and over until they can finally put up their score.

This also gets rid of tickets...as there's a person working a computer that just adds in entries. Totally awesome.

#87 7 years ago

Evan, you're missing a PAPA circuit event?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Evan, you're missing a PAPA circuit event?

If I wasn't going to be in Massachusetts that week, I would have gone regardless of it being a circuit event or not...the show was just that awesome

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I should probably get going on that EBD then....

Nah, sell it to me.

1 month later
#90 7 years ago

YES! Almost as awesome as the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show!

cavs-from-cleveland-cavaliers-via-twitter_(resized).jpgcavs-from-cleveland-cavaliers-via-twitter_(resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

#92 7 years ago

yeeeeehaaaawwww! I am so tired today. watched too much of the post game celebration and news coverage!!!

#93 7 years ago

Makes me want to finish up my hockey themed custom pin and get started on a Cavs one!

2 weeks later
#94 7 years ago

If you're bringing a pin to the show, registration is now open. Sign up now!

http://clevelandpinballshow.com/BringAPin

I'll most likely be bringing my 6 again. Maybe the Raven I just picked up if I get it running 100%.

#95 7 years ago

We are Proud to Announce that the Ohio Burn Unit will be performing at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade show. They will be performing on Sept 9th at dusk at the show (weather permitting). If you get a chance please check them out

http://www.ohioburnunit.com/

https://m.facebook.com/Ohio-Burn-Unit-118781811475263/

#96 7 years ago

Less than 2 months away! Getting excited to play some pinball and see some familiar faces. Might bring all EMs this year.

#97 7 years ago

Getting super excited almost 600 people interested, or coming on the Facebook event page.....WOW

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

Getting super excited almost 600 people interested, or coming on the Facebook event page.....WOW

Awesome! I hope it keeps growing and growing!

#99 7 years ago

Got a few new games on the workbench. Hoping they are ready in time for CLE:

Gottlieb Flipper Clown
Williams Vagabond (600 produced)
Gottlieb Bronco

Hoping to bring more than just these three. Probably bring Amigo, as usual, and a couple others. Anyone else make any decisions on what they are bringing??

#100 7 years ago

It's my plan to bring my whole line-up if my buddy is still willing to help me with his trailer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cle%e2%80%a2pin-cleveland-pinball-and-arcade-show-sept-8-9-and-10-2016/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.