IMG_9434 (resized).JPG
IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
110A0587 (resized).jpg
110A0676 (resized).jpg
110A0603 (resized).jpg
110A0646 (resized).jpg
110A0585 (resized).jpg
110A0561 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 7 years ago

I went on Friday and had a great time - terrific show. Had fun playing El Dorado. Thanks to mot for bringing it - that was a beautiful machine. Only the second pinball show I've been to, and looking forward to next year.

#502 7 years ago

I had a great time at the show. Thanks to everyone that helped, and to those that brought machines. I thought there was a really good mix of machines this year, including some cool arcade games as well.

Quoted from mot:

The sound of 100 pinball machines is one of my all time favorites, and I heard disappointingly little of it this weekend.

Agree 100%, I really didn't care for the music being that loud, and not being able to hear some of the games well enough. Also some people just had their game's volume way too low to begin with it seemed. Maybe that's something that could be checked out once the show starts so you can alert the owners of the machines that needed turned up a bit?

Would love to see more vendors and games for sale. Can't wait for next year.

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from frankie898:

I only need two words to sum up how awesome the show was:
THUNDER MAN!!

Yeah it was certainly exciting to get that guy running. It only took 4 years!! It was well worth the wait though. I am sure that will be a staple game to go to the Cleveland pinball show every year.

Quoted from Geocab:

I can't believe how much Apple Time stole from other companies. Fantastic that it was at the show.

Yeah there was nothing that company came up with. zaccaria boards, power supply, and cabinet. Williams sounds, Gottlieb parts. Also stealing the likeness of snake plissken, and characters from young Sherlock holmes. It was certainly a cluster F***. But really the layout is a nice layout. Its a pretty close layout to Gottlieb Bounty Hunter.

Here's some pics in case anyone overlooked it without knowing what it was.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#504 7 years ago

WOW you Ohio people have a good show!

Our Michigan pinball expo sucked so bad this year. Besides GB, WOZ and Hobbit, it was nothing but EMs, a few Stern pros and a handful of junk. Literally, they had less than half the games that were there last year and almost no B/W.

We are going to try to hit your show next year for sure.

#505 7 years ago

Thanks for a great show. This was my first one and a relationship test. Turns out my husband and I are absolutely fine ignoring each other for hours as long as there's pinball. Props to whoever brought the Getaway II. That was one of the few pins we played at the same time and I kicked his ass.

Ice Cold Beer was great - I should have played that more. Lighting on the SS was interesting (much brighter than mine - may need to revisit my choices). I also liked Bronco - beautiful condition playfield. Mystery Castle was my favourite of the weekend. Although obviously different, it had a loopy ramp feel like BSD. Didn't know it was rare until I looked it up later... Out of curiosity, was that upper flipper a bit weak or do I just suck?

I didn't mind the music as long as they were playing a song I liked.

Hotel was good - staff were very nice. Room was great and breakfast decent. I used the gym (once) but not the pool.

Hoping to be back next year...

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

For sure! Andy's playfields were gorgeous!

It was an adventure to say the least... a learning curve being it was my first time as a vendor....from getting 6 pins ready and loaded plus all the play fields. I had a great time, met a lot of good people and gave out a bunch of cards, flyers and learned a lot. It was a little difficult at times dealing with the music and the low light levels but it will be addressed next year. Great show, great location, it's already a date for next year.
I was also happy to be able to have helped the tournament by donating my Simpsons for the weekend. It played the whole tournament with out a hitch and with very little wear. I did not enter but it seemed like a very well run and organized event.

Andy

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Yeah it was certainly exciting to get that guy running. It only took 4 years!! It was well worth the wait though. I am sure that will be a staple game to go to the Cleveland pinball show every year.

Yeah there was nothing that company came up with. zaccaria boards, power supply, and cabinet. Williams sounds, Gottlieb parts. Also stealing the likeness of snake plissken, and characters from young Sherlock holmes. It was certainly a cluster F***. But really the layout is a nice layout. Its a pretty close layout to Gottlieb Bounty Hunter.
Here's some pics in case anyone overlooked it without knowing what it was.

That is really cool. As a fan of both Snake and Young Sherlock Holmes, I approve of the combo.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

PS- stop making it rain every year . cle pin and ohio show both always have crazy weather issues for loading and unloading.
geeeesh.

At least there wasn't a blizzard with winds that blew semi trailers away for this show like last Ohio Show.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

WOW you Ohio people have a good show!
Our Michigan pinball expo sucked so bad this year. Besides GB, WOZ and Hobbit, it was nothing but EMs, a few Stern pros and a handful of junk. Literally, they had less than half the games that were there last year and almost no B/W.
We are going to try to hit your show next year for sure.

There's a strong pinball community in the area which helps and between tom andy stephenshane skypilot and some others alot of people who really like restoring machines. Along with kidforce, mjpinballs who bring all the new pro' premiums etc to the show. Superelectric will get in on the fun next year when there arent conflicting events taking up their machines for the weekend and more locals as well giving another boost. CLE can definitely become one of the best to play... Maybe not to buy but to play.

#510 7 years ago

My friend and I traveled from Kansas City to attend this show. This was only the second show we have been to with replay fx 2016 being the first.

First off, the people who were running this show are a class act. I did not have a chance to talk to Marvin much but Don and Brian couldn't have been any better than they were. We only spent about one hour a day away from the show since my friend insisted upon eating. That is how good this show was!

The variety of pinball machines was superb and you never had to wait in line as long as you were willing to play an open machine that was not made in the last couple of years. The hotel had breakfast prices so cheap to where I asked the waitress if they had forgot the 1 on the price. Eight dollars at a hotel for an omelet or an all you can eat hot buffet ... Crazy!

After the first night my friend and I discovered the need to go to a liquor store. According to Yelp there was one two miles away and we were about to uber there on Friday when Brian offered to take us himself. He took us to a place we never would have found and asked nothing for it.

On top of this, Gary from Abel Electronics and Butch from Jersey Jack gave us a two hour crash course in pinball maintenance. For people who have only owned machines for six months this was fantastic.

My only regret from this show is one every show should want to have . . . it wasn't long enough! We could have played here for a week and still have thought the same thing. We will definitely be back next year and I recommend this show to anyone interested in playing a variety of machines with hosts who make you feel like you live down the street from them. Thank you again to Don, Brian and Marvin for hosting such a great event.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

My friend and I traveled from Kansas City

The Energizer Bunny award recipients... they kept playing and playing....

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

My friend and I traveled from Kansas City to attend this show.

If you know Mike O. give him a shout from me - Scott

#513 7 years ago

I enjoyed watching someone start a 4 player game on JD all for himself. He was no noobie either that accidentally hit start to many times.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I enjoyed watching someone start a 4 player game on JD all for himself. He was no noobie either that accidentally hit start to many times.

Mr. Gloves did that every game if that's who you referring to.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Mr. Gloves did that every game if that's who you referring to.

Yep, that would be him. I honestly didn't care but he could tell I seen him do it and then just gave me a stare while he put on his gloves.

#517 7 years ago

Who in the world is Mr. Gloves?

Does he work for Hamburger Helper or Arby's?

#518 7 years ago

How on earth did I miss mister gloves? Damn....

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I enjoyed watching someone start a 4 player game on JD all for himself.

I finished a couple people's abandoned four player games just for the heck of it.

On my own games, I've thought about installing another slam tilt switch behind the coin reject buttons so you could quickly reset without power cycling, but since no one would know it but me, it wouldn't do much good.

On my solid state games, I left my keyless locks on at the show, and it was quite convenient. At home, I sometimes open the coin door and hit the slam tilt switch to end games.

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

had that happen to me at replay fx, it was a husband and wife team, each playing their own machine. they started 4 games each. wtf? I wanted to throat punch BOTH of them.

#521 7 years ago

I had to reset a 4 player game someone walked away from on my RBION at the show. And I did get to witness Mr. Gloves.

Maybe I should get some gloves to improve my play?

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

had that happen to me at replay fx, it was a husband and wife team, each playing their own machine. they started 4 games each. wtf? I wanted to throat punch BOTH of them.

Same thing at Louisville. Must be a pinball version of Bonnie and Clyde. But you know, without all of the shooting and death.

#523 7 years ago

Forgot to say thanks for providing t-shirts that actually fit females. Wore mine to the women's pinball league in Toronto tonight.

#524 7 years ago

It was a great show for sure. Highlight may have been watching Don try to use a hover board...
Also, if anyone happens to be the drunk guy who handed me his emergency contact list from his wallet and walked off without saying a word, thanks, I guess?

#525 7 years ago

leesparts even my kid appreciates the PinGulp

And may take his Jurassic Park a bit too seriously

IMG_9606 (resized).JPGIMG_9606 (resized).JPG

3 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
Wanted
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cle%E2%80%A2pin-cleveland-pinball-and-arcade-show-sept-8-9-and-10-2016/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.