IMG_9434 (resized).JPG
IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
110A0587 (resized).jpg
110A0676 (resized).jpg
110A0603 (resized).jpg
110A0646 (resized).jpg
110A0585 (resized).jpg
110A0561 (resized).jpg

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 7 years ago

Stopped in with my Wife last night. She had fun but prevented a trade which was a bummer. Headed back this morning with our son and to break down my RBION unless someone wants to make an offer.

Knock on wood almost 300 plays on it since Thursday when I went home last night at 11pm without a single issue!

IMG_9384 (resized).JPGIMG_9384 (resized).JPG

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Stopped in with my Wife last night. She had fun but prevented a trade which was a bummer. Headed back this morning with our son and to break down my RBION unless someone wants to make an offer.
Knock on wood almost 300 plays on it since Thursday when I went home last night at 11pm without a single issue!

That rbion played great!

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

That rbion played great!

Thanks! I try to keep all my games playing great after I shop them. Tough to judge with home only use and I was glad to get it a good work out.

If anyone is interest I put a tag on it at $3400 but feel free to make an offer, cash or trade for something in that range or I can bring some cash. I am not a great player and while I do enjoy the theme the rules are pretty deep and I just struggle to work through the game.

#454 7 years ago

So I have a really nice SWDE I was thinking about bringing to the show but couldn't find assistance to get it out of my basement. Has both a Pinsound and original DE Sound board.

Updated to the latest Chad code and working perfectly. Full LED.
DMD is bright and 100%
Rottendog CPU and Driver.

Cabinet is a 9/10
Playfield is a 9/10

Has topper.

Was routed previous and has a mars bill validator. Only takes $1.00 and only sometimes.

Looking for $4300

IMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPG

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG
IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

#455 7 years ago

Heres some more pic"s from the show, and last night Ohio Burn Unit Show!!

110A0559 (resized).jpg110A0559 (resized).jpg
110A0565 (resized).jpg110A0565 (resized).jpg
110A0567 (resized).jpg110A0567 (resized).jpg
110A0569 (resized).jpg110A0569 (resized).jpg
110A0574 (resized).jpg110A0574 (resized).jpg
110A0561 (resized).jpg110A0561 (resized).jpg
110A0585 (resized).jpg110A0585 (resized).jpg
110A0646 (resized).jpg110A0646 (resized).jpg
110A0603 (resized).jpg110A0603 (resized).jpg
110A0676 (resized).jpg110A0676 (resized).jpg
110A0587 (resized).jpg110A0587 (resized).jpg

#456 7 years ago

I also have a DCS sound board with a JD rom set in it. One of the amps keeps burning up on it. It was badly hacked on when I got it. It has 2 brand new caps, but it needs some trace work...

$40 today at the show.

IMG_9433 (resized).JPGIMG_9433 (resized).JPG

IMG_9434 (resized).JPGIMG_9434 (resized).JPG

#457 7 years ago

NOS Tron 3D translite $250, pm me. Will be in tourney area.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Thank you to whoever brought this. I have played it more than anything else this weekend. Also thank you for helping me when the ball wouldn't eject (I can't shake a pin to save my life).

That would be my MC, and you are welcome for the help.

Fred

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Thanks! I try to keep all my games playing great after I shop them. Tough to judge with home only use and I was glad to get it a good work out.
If anyone is interest I put a tag on it at $3400 but feel free to make an offer, cash or trade for something in that range or I can bring some cash. I am not a great player and while I do enjoy the theme the rules are pretty deep and I just struggle to work through the game.

Wish I had the money. Beautiful game! Thanks for bringing it!

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I also have a DCS sound board with a JD rom set in it. One of the amps keeps burning up on it. It was badly hacked on when I got it. It has 2 brand new caps, but it needs some trace work...
$40 today at the show.

I will buy it if you still have it.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I will buy it if you still have it.

Still have it. I am still at the show. Text me 2XX-244-4330

#462 7 years ago

Great show again this year!! Thanks to everyone who ran the show itself and thanks to PAPA for the great tournament setup. My dad and i had a blast. Also, thanks to everyone for all the nice compliments on our games. Much appreciated!!

Frank and George

#463 7 years ago

Thanks to all for the stream of the tourney. It was a nail biter. Great play in the finals and great commentary.

#464 7 years ago

Thanks to Don and crew, and also to Holiday Inn and staff, you rock. CLE*PIN is the classiest show in Ohio.

#465 7 years ago

Thank you to all who made the second Cleveland Show a fun time. Very much appreciate the folks who bring their games as without them, it would be hard to have a show. Thank you all!!

G

#466 7 years ago

Had a blast! The tournament was lots of fun and was ran very very well by Jeffrey and Tommy. My games were played all weekend with no issues so that's always good.

It was great to meet all kinds of new Pinhead friends and also catch up with people I met at last year's show. This one is locked in on my calendar for years to come!

Thanks again to everyone else that contributes to the show.

#467 7 years ago

Was a great show with alot if quality pins in great condition. It might need some more space as it's definitely a growing show

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Was a great show with alot if quality pins in great condition. It might need some more space as it's definitely a growing show

And better power... Had a number of issues with games resetting because of it.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

And better power... Had a number of issues with games resetting because of it.

Or minimally everyone who owns a voltage regulator should bring them next year.

#470 7 years ago

I had a great time at the show. Nice job Don and Marvin. There were lots of games I have never seen before.

I really wanted to play the Rob Zombie pinball but it was broken the whole time we were there Saturday.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I had a great time at the show. Nice job Don and Marvin. There were lots of games I have never seen before.
I really wanted to play the Rob Zombie pinball but it was broken the whole time we were there Saturday.

IMO you're not missing much.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree

#473 7 years ago

Picked this up at show and finally done with total tear down on top and replaced a ton of stuff. Used all three applications of treasure cove. Think it plays almost too fast......Na!

Great show! Great seeing a lot of pinsiders! Had a blast!
Thanks Marvin, Don, and All!

IMG_20160911_201753354_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20160911_201753354_HDR (resized).jpg

#474 7 years ago

Great show for being only the second year. I was disappointed by the vendor turnout.
Also, just something for Don and Marvin to think about. IMO, if the music is going to be that loud, play some better music.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So im not the only one that breaks RZ? That kind of disappoints me......that was my claim to fame!

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

if the music is going to be that loud, play some better music

The sound of 100 pinball machines is one of my all time favorites, and I heard disappointingly little of it this weekend.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from mot:

The sound of 100 pinball machines is one of my all time favorites, and I heard disappointingly little of it this weekend.

I have to agree with these guys.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from mot:

For sure. There was a great looking High Speed (which has my favorite music of any pin) right near the DJ and I couldn't hear the music on it at all

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from mot:

DJ area could have been used for more machines.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

This!

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

This will be addressed for next year's show. We will be going to 4 days also. We are throwing ideas around already to 1up this year. Cointaker is already in for next year. They could not make this yeat because they are in the middle of building a new warehouse. Pacak got ill over the week also, and was unable to attend as a vendor.

Hope every one had a great time. We did!!!
Thanks to the pinsiders that brought games aND helped out
MOT shout out to you for having games running, and playing great all weekend.
Geocab from bringing 6 very nice machines
Fred for bringing 5 machines, and his mystery castle
Nes collector for fixing everything in site, and having 12 games.
Tdiddy for bringing 4 awesome pins for the tournament
Andy for bringing 6 awesome games, one we used in the tournament.

There were many more people that brought things to share. If I missed you, thank you. It takes a army to run these things.

Hope to see everyone next year!!!!

#482 7 years ago

someone mentioned lack of vendors which is true, BUT more vendors would be kinda hard as the entire space was already used. need bigger room .
great event guys!
HOTEL NOTE: love how the staff is laid back and lets us get games in and out and doesn't hover over us, free spirit and has faith in us letting us do our thing respectfully. .

#483 7 years ago

PS- stop making it rain every year . cle pin and ohio show both always have crazy weather issues for loading and unloading.
geeeesh.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

PS- stop making it rain every year . cle pin and ohio show both always have crazy weather issues for loading and unloading.
geeeesh.

One good thing, the rain wasn't as bad as last year. The monsoon actually let up unlike last year.

#485 7 years ago

I had a lot of fun all weekend. Moving games is a lot of work, but it was worth it. There was a great selection of games, and I was delighted to find that I brought the only examples of most of what I brought (Creature, STTNG, Fish Tales, Fireball, El Dorado, Big Hit).

Thank you to everyone who helped to run the show, everyone who brought games, everyone who offered to help, and everyone who came. I recognize more faces and talk to more people every time I go to a show. So many people offered help, and that was hugely appreciated.

There was not as much buying and selling as I hoped, but that's no problem. In fact, it's pretty cool that there was a huge crowd of people who just came to play.

As for my tech/repair report:
Fireball had a relay lock on, burn up, and stink up the joint. (The latch to open the zipper flippers.) It was a repeat of the 2015 Ohio Show for me, but I had a spare that Mike Pacak gave me(thanks Mike!), so I got it back up and running after making some subtle switch/relay adjustments.
Creature had some reset issues that I blame on low line voltage (I measured ~111 volts), but it started working fine shortly thereafter. Creature also had some intermittent switches (move your car, PAID lanes), that I need to look at. Might be a problem on the CPU board. Sorry, folks.
Big Hit started intermittently failing to reset the score reels on Friday. Should be easy to figure out and fix, but in the meantime I discovered that if the game was tilted, it seemed to work fine. I kept walking by tilting the game when no one was playing.
At the end of the show, Fish Tales might have had a problem with the top kickout. I didn't have power to check it out, but perhaps a wire broke off of the coil.
Other than that, I had one stuck ball, and.... that was about it. On four DMD games, I don't think I ever had a credit dot that was more than just an infrequently hit switch. Whew!

#486 7 years ago

Loved playing your Big Hit and Fireball mot. I played them at least 5 times a piece. Thanks for bringing them!

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

Geocab from bringing 6 very nice machines

Haha! You missed the opportunity to add, "and Raven" to the end of that.

I had a great time, very nice show yet again. Thanks, Don, Marvin, Brian, and everyone else running the show.

Big thanks to Lee and Fred for helping me transport my machines. That's what's so great about this hobby. What other hobby has guys that'll help you move twelve 300 pound machines (Mine and Fred's), just to move them again after 3 days? I love pinball people! I spent most of the show talking to you guys than I did playing games. Although I made sure to play everything at least once.

The only thing that bothered me at all was the low power issues. Which isn't exclusive to this show. I don't know how that could be solved, have other shows come up with a solution? Power conditioners for each circuit?

And to the couple from Kansas City who flew in for the show, you guys were awesome. 3 days straight and I don't think I ever saw you NOT playing a game. Awesome!

Thanks to everyone who brought pins and/or arcades. Most everything was in playable condition, that was great.

Q Bert's Quest is a really neat game. Glad that was there.

The Ohio Burn Unit was a neat additional thing for the show too. Glad they weren't rained out this year.

Looking forward to next year!

20160909_192120 (resized).jpg20160909_192120 (resized).jpg

#488 7 years ago

I had a lot of fun at the show, sold the pin I brought to sell, and picked up another project that I'm looking forward to bulletproofing.

The only thing I really thought was bad was that the hotel food was not that good at all, for how much it cost (just like I remembered from last year).

I like the space where the show is a lot and I like the size. I think it's just the right size.

I do feel that the back wall area where the DJ was and other junky "project machines" should have had working pinball machines set up instead.
Primarily because I saw a few people with REGISTERED machines who were told there was no more room in the hall (myself included).
I just thought that the back wall space was wasted this year.

Other than those minor things, the show was great. Thanks to Don and Marvin for their time to make this show happen!

#489 7 years ago

It was a great show even if we had to listen to don's playlist the whole time

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loved playing your Big Hit and Fireball mot. I played them at least 5 times a piece. Thanks for bringing them!

Fireball was one of the few in that row that was usually open...and I was glad for it. Looks and plays fantastic!

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames007:

Pacak got ill over the week also, and was unable to attend as a vendor.

He bailed on Pinburgh as well.. hope he's OK!

BTW another vote for no DJ/music.. why do show promoters always want to play loud/live music on top of all the games? WE WANT TO HEAR THE MACHINES! At least Pinburgh stuck the band waaaay back in the corner away from everything else (and the band wasn't bad either)

#492 7 years ago

Another great show! Many thanks to Don, Marvin, their families and everyone else for making everything go well.

Many thanks to all that stopped by my table to check out my mods and parts. Your business is greatly appreciated! It was great talking with you all and finally putting some faces with names.

I did get a chance to sneak away from my table to play the many great games that were brought by their generous owners. It was really cool playing some very rare and unique games.

Definitely looking forward to next years show!

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

It was a great show even if we had to listen to don's playlist the whole time

My playlist would have included alot of old school rap, and gnr .

#494 7 years ago

I only need two words to sum up how awesome the show was:

THUNDER MAN!!

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from frankie898:

I only need two words to sum up how awesome the show was:
THUNDER MAN!!

I can't believe how much Apple Time stole from other companies. Fantastic that it was at the show.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I can't believe how much Apple Time stole from other companies. Fantastic that it was at the show.

It was fun playing it trying to figure out what all the sounds were from. Haha

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Another great show! Many thanks to Don, Marvin, their families and everyone else for making everything go well.
Many thanks to all that stopped by my table to check out my mods and parts. Your business is greatly appreciated! It was great talking with you all and finally putting some faces with names.
I did get a chance to sneak away from my table to play the many great games that were brought by their generous owners. It was really cool playing some very rare and unique games.
Definitely looking forward to next years show!

Thanks for setting up,your stuff Lee. I spent about 50 bucks on stuff I needed for a pin I picked up, if you weren't there, I would have had to order and wait for it. My machine has strong flippers now, some protection and a clean playfield now! Thanks, great show for the second year in a row!

On a side note, while I appreciate the idea of bringing in a dj to entertain show goers, at least keep the volume down and maybe keep the music to 70's and 80's music.

#498 7 years ago

Let's not forget Andy who brought all those playfields and about six machines.

I personally would like to thank Gnatty for his help in getting Earthshaker back up and running. We also had a few problems in the beginning with Whitewater and Dirty Harry so we sacrificed Dirty Harry to keep Whitewater running for everyone.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I personally would like to thank Gnatty for his help in getting Earthshaker back up and running. We also had a few problems in the beginning with Whitewater and Dirty Harry so we sacrificed Dirty Harry to keep Whitewater running for everyone.

Good ol Skypilot, love meeting up with you at the past few shows for some good laughs and pinball talk. Would love to hang out more than shows and talk and play more pinball if we were closer.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

For sure! Andy's playfields were gorgeous!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cle%E2%80%A2pin-cleveland-pinball-and-arcade-show-sept-8-9-and-10-2016/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.