Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wallybgood
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Nice work Clay! Really who does this? Not me...

#3 8 years ago

Clays the man!

#4 8 years ago

Cool stuff. Way more patience than I have, that's for sure.

#5 8 years ago

I love how no room or appliance in Clay's house is safe from being used to repair pinball machines. I don't know that I will ever try this, but its good to know how to do it in case the need arises.

#6 8 years ago

Very nice...and yes, obnoxious is accurate for HMM.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#7 8 years ago

He is seriously the most helpful man in our hobby! i have learned so much from his website.

#8 8 years ago

I've watched many vacuum forming videos, but something about seeing the process of glopping on bondo to the existing ramp and seeing it sanded down to make a positive mold (then forming off of it and finessing corners), then installed makes it so much more enjoyable to watch. I also like that he put metal ramp protectors on it right away so it won't crack again. Wonder if other owners of heavy metal meltdown are going to start contacting Clay now for replacement ramps

#9 8 years ago

Superb tutorial, but where is Clays wife when he was in the kitchen. Mine makes me use the grill outside, I am never allowed in the kitchen unsupervised, However she does help.

#10 8 years ago

Very informative.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Superb tutorial, but were is Clays wife when he was in the kitchen.

She's going to kick his ass when she sees this video.

#12 8 years ago

Wow, that's pretty damn cool! Nice job, Clay!

#13 8 years ago

Nice work!

#14 8 years ago

I love his videos.

So serious but with a bit of humour.

"Meltdown!" "Meltdown!" At the time of the plastic lowering down onto the form was genius.

Well done! (No pun intended)

#15 8 years ago

great video. very informative, thanks for sharing matt

#16 8 years ago

Clay is the man.. one of the guys that kept me in this hobby. Without his videos and guides I would have been long gone.

#17 8 years ago

Whatever happened to Starship Fantasy and the continuance of Pinball Inc.s ramp business? Did the just buy the current stock and give up on making anything else? It has been a long time waiting for WCS 94 ramps which were supposed to be "next".

This video makes me want to just make my own... or wait for someone else to do the same and sell a few extras.

#18 8 years ago

Awesome! I have a checkpoint ramp I want to do this to... curious about that bondo process. How do you get the original ramp out, does it not stick much?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

Whatever happened to Starship Fantasy and the continuance of Pinball Inc.s ramp business? Did the just buy the current stock and give up on making anything else? It has been a long time waiting for WCS 94 ramps which were supposed to be "next".
    This video makes me want to just make my own... or wait for someone else to do the same and sell a few extras.

Just ordered a new taxi arrival ramp from them yesterday. Don't know if they're making ramps for not, but they sell them.

#20 8 years ago

Awesome! Hmmmmmm. We have a 14 foot powdercoat oven....... I must try this. Killer effort Clay!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wonder if other owners of Heavy Metal Meltdown are going to start contacting Clay now for replacement ramps

Quite possible.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I will take and extra please once you get it perfected!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Can I get one?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you pull me one please?

Quoted from Whysnow:

How much to just pull me an uncut blank? I can take care of the cut out and clean up.

#22 8 years ago

Is pinballninja site down for everyone?

#25 8 years ago

Great instructional video!! Absolutely appreciate all the work Clay does for the pinball community.

Thank-you

#26 8 years ago

thanks for the nice comments!
    wife was actually OK with the affair. now if i coated the oven with plastic, i'm sure that story would have been different. but that didn't happen. this is why when people ask me for this ramp, i basically not really interested. because the risk is there, and the last thing i need to do is risk my relationship with her making a part for someone else! i'm crazy, but not stupid. (or is it the other way around??)

#27 8 years ago

That worked beautifully. I love it when you ninja a solution, Clay.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

and the last thing i need to do is risk my relationship with her making a part for someone else! i'm crazy, but not stupid. (or is it the other way around??)

I think she must be the crazy one
    to be married to you.

#29 8 years ago

Inspirational!! Another reason to have more Bondo around the house.

#30 8 years ago

I always enjoy Clay's tips and insight to keeping games going

Thank you for sharing

#31 8 years ago

My wife would kick my ass if I were doing this in our oven. I'm still shocked she let me wash a wiring harness in the dish washer.

#32 8 years ago

Go ninja

#33 8 years ago

I love vac forming stuff. I have seen a lot of that done for Stormtrooper armor. It's an art, for sure. I watched a guy make 50 sets of armor in his wife's kitchen over about an hour once. Cool stuff.

#34 8 years ago

Thank you very much for making the video. Have always wondered how this was done.

#35 8 years ago

No, Clay, you're not stupid. Not at all. You are, however, f 'in wacked in the head. Probably from sniffing catalyzed clear, cyanoacrylate glue, butyrate dope, and whatever else you've used to restore pinball machines/playfields. Not to mention the acid you took with Norm when making your original pinball repair videos on VHS tape.

Glad you're still around!

Greg

#36 8 years ago

Friggin Clay, that is some awesome sht right there.

#37 8 years ago

Clay is unbelievable. Years ago the guy took the time and effort to give the rest of us a clue on how to maintain these bloody machines and he's still blowing minds today... Pinball Nobel prize to that guy! Clay, thank you!

#39 8 years ago

Thanks, Clay.
    There are many talented restorers out there but IMHO the great ones are those that take time to make videos or tutorials that explain in extensive detail how they performed their "magic".
    Wally

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clays-new-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.