(Topic ID: 98746)

Clay's Guides - are they ever coming back?

By Atomicboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

645_2.jpg
    k9640514.jpg
    1392.gif
    popcorn.jpg
    ZIG.jpg
    CRG 006.jpg
    dead-horse.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You cant claim any of this until they've been copywrited. So until that happens, who cares.
    I.e. You can't claim copy write infringement until there is a copywrite to infringe upon

100% untrue.

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Has copywrite been assigned to this material?

The moment it is written, the writer owns the copy.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pretty sure The writer needs to register his material to claim copywrite rights

You are pretty wrong. Copyright is an official proof of ownership, but it's not the act of claiming ownership.

You own what you create the moment you create it.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

but until you register it, I don't believe a court would entertain anything

Also, untrue.

#116 9 years ago

I mean, it's true that you believe it, but it's not true in reality.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Lol
    Gotcha.
    Like I said I'm no expert. Just what I've read.
    Hopefully clay doesn't come knocking at my door with a summons

Someone would have to want to spend a lot of money to want to take you down, really...

The real reason you wouldn't distribute the material is because you respected the guy who 'owns' it, and he asked you not to. Other than that, there's probably no real risk.

I'm a songwriter, and I've recorded a couple of albums. I have a friend who likes my songs, and he was kind of upset that he couldn't find any of them on torrents. He asked me if he could put up a torrent with my music. I said that I'd rather he not. If he did anyway, there's nothing I could do about it, but he respects me enough not to do it. See?

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

This is false. Before it goes into public domain, you have to register it's copyright. You just can't slap a © on whatever.
    If someone steals it, you will have to provide proof that it was yours.
    I had to hire a copyright lawyer several years ago. I speak from experience.

You have no idea. really.

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You sure do say, "I believe" a lot!

I know you're wrong...

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Lay off whatever you're drinking in your Avatar.
    I have legal established ownership. I can legally send out a C&D to anybody who steals my registered material as well as take them to court for theft and damages.
    If this material wasn't in public domain, I would have not wasted my time to register it.
    I did this to prevent a company I used to work for from using my work as theirs, without my permission.

You have legal established ownership the moment you create any original work. It really can't be said any simpler than that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clays-guides-are-they-ever-coming-back?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.