Quoted from Tallon:
Ok "Copyright Lawyers", since all of you know the law so well, and its all "black and white", then explain the whole process so the rest of us so we understand. Tell us about how you have to file lawsuit against someone to start with and we are not going to court tomorrow. Tell us about the counter lawsuit for discrepencies in the copyright law. Tell us about the legal battle for claims on intellectual property that was not filed for copyright and original owner is screwed out of rights because of the "once its created argument". Tell us about the lawsuits that are dropped immediately after countersuit is filed since it was frivolous anyway. And...................... And.......................
The point being is you can quite the law all you want but until you in front of a judge making an argument over a legal proceeding, your blowing smoke up everyones ass. You can quote the law all you want but I live in america and I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee the outcome of a trial. You can make your argument and have the law on your side and still loose.
All the arguments for or against Copyright law are INTERPRITATION! its the equivalent of telling me a cloud I think looks like a dog is a rainbow unicorn and I have to agree with you. NO!
1) Want to learn about copyright law? Google the topic and read about it. DOn't need a lawyer for that.
2) No sane lawyer is going to dispense legal advice online.
3) Despite the existence of many grey areas in law (and many fact-specific issues), there ARE factually correct and incorrect statements about the law and legal rights. Correcting factually incorrect things that people post here is a good thing, overall.
4) Might want to edit your post, starting with 'discrepencies,' 'interpritation,' 'your,' 'loose,' etc. *sigh*
5) See 3) above, in case you didn't get it the first time.
6) So, how badly did that lawyer screw you over anyway?