(Topic ID: 98746)

Clay's Guides - are they ever coming back?

By Atomicboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

645_2.jpg
    k9640514.jpg
    1392.gif
    popcorn.jpg
    ZIG.jpg
    CRG 006.jpg
    dead-horse.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#162 9 years ago

I guess its just me but I don't understand any of this.

If I post something on the internet for educational or entertainment purposes I do it to share info not for money or any other gains ( well maybe the feeling that I may have helped or made someone smile)

Now if someone decides to take the content of what I posted and makes money with it so what?

I never posted to make profit or gain if someone else makes profit from it big deal I would never have seen that gain in the first place as it was never my intention for posting.

Also if that person makes profit by sharing the info then good the info is still getting out there as was my intention.

Would it suck that someone would make a profit on my work yeah but thats how things go, again the work I shared was to be given away anyway for free no strings attached unless otherwise stated. So it wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't cry.

I post something on the net its done gone out of my hands. its out there to be shared and hopefully not used to hurt anyone.

Seems to me that once someone makes a profit or may make a profit on something someone else does then they think damn .Thats my Money or could be. OR I never intended it to be used that way etc.

If its posted by someone with no strings, ties disclaimers thats it done its out of your hands.

I say stop and think before posting as to why you are posting and what may happen with your post.
    If your post may be used in ways you may not like or not with the reason you are really posting then don't post.
    Call it a posting risk and remember no one is putting a gun to your head to post on the internet.

Again thats just me Im strange that way.

Clay Rules! Clay thanks so much for all you have done and still do for the hobby! Repost the Guides or not your still the man.

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You never asked my permission and I'm not OK with that.

As I said in my post on this issue I am strange that way and wouldn't be upset for not being asked permission would it be nice if they had as a curtesy yes it would but people are what they are.

Most however would look at things your way so its how it is. We all see things differently.

Again It comes to motives and what you desire wether in the short or long term with what your gift requirements entail.

If I give you a gift do as you please with it. Want to make money with it? Its yours not mine anymore and if the money brings you more happiness than the gift then fine.

The permission aspect is a form of strings and I understand where your coming from but you can also delight in the fact that you know its your sauce that was good enough to sell and that many others would want it enough to pay for it.

Ugh did that sound like a sermon or something?

Way too serious as Rudy says Its only Pinball!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eddie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clays-guides-are-they-ever-coming-back?tu=eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.