(Topic ID: 98746)

Clay's Guides - are they ever coming back?

By Atomicboy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

645_2.jpg
    k9640514.jpg
    1392.gif
    popcorn.jpg
    ZIG.jpg
    CRG 006.jpg
    dead-horse.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

The guides would still be valuable without the pics

Exactly what I was thinking. Screw the photos and just post the text.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

It's easy to say to put them up without pics. But trust me, a no pic guide would stink.
    Also the lack of public guides has nothing to do with money. It's the potential hassle (which I experienced first hand). If I have complete ownership of the text. But without complete ownership of the pics, it's a potential trouble spot, which I don't want to deal with. And the time involved in re-doing the pics would be immense. I don't have the time frankly. And I can't hand if off to someone because now they have some ownership, and I'm back to the same problem.
    At some point I'll do the work. But right now us not the time.

We get it Clay. If you never post it again we will all live.
    I still think that even if you think it may stink without photos, the info in the text part can help a lot of people.
    I am a believer that something is better than nothing.
    But I respect whatever you choose to do.
    And I am a Ninja subscriber as well

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

.. and here we go again..
    I have an idea.. if enough people are fed up with little dynasties of people battling over information content, let's put a group together and set up a truly public information resource that doesn't have the instability of pinrepair or pinwiki.com.
    I will host a Wiki site - I have my own bank of servers in two different locations. We'll use standard Wiki software, but editing access will be given with permission/invitation so the content level remain high and consistent. We'll set clear IP policies so there will be no doubt who owns/controls what. We will require any and all contributions to give the producers of the site unrestricted use of the content. We will set up open terms of service and identify a council of people who will administer the site and set up a number of mirrors in different locations. We can let Robin host a mirror. We can get PAPA to host a mirror, as well as others, whoever wants. Set this thing up.. clear policies. We can even form a 501c3 and have a board that is in charge of making sure the resources stay online forever. If people want it, we can do it, then we don't have to re-hash this same argument every six months.

What is this? Sanity in a thread full of crazy?
    I'm in.

#242 5 years ago

This thread inspired me to go make my own copies.
    Just saved the entire Willams system 3-7 guide in Wordpad and put it on my desktop.
    I had to insert each individual photo myself which took about 20 min. But now I never have to worry about any of this crazy crap anymore.
    And the best part is that I just picked up a Firepower which is the machine he used in all the examples.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

That shows how little I know about this AGAIN. I thought the ninja repair logs and videos were the SAME THING as the guides. Are the instructions, guides, and videos up on the ninja site not equivalent or better than the Clay's Guides ? I would think that since Ninja is newer and updated it would be better and more comprehensive. Since it is growing. Wrong?

The Ninja site is great for certain things like the videos. But you can find what you need much faster with Clays old guides. And sometimes even though I think I have found the perfect video, it manages to skip over something important to what I am doing.
    That is why I am just getting my own copies of the guides to keep and just forgetting about all this mess.
    I don't need headaches in my hobby, it is supposed to be relaxing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 79.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 9.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 12.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside