image-26.jpg
2013-11-15_11-17-04_498.jpg
image.jpg
image-646.jpg
image.jpg
image-90.jpg
image.jpg
20131102_171611.jpg

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago

"Which blinky thing do I shoot for?"

"On top of that, my eyes have spots now, so I'm seeing double blinky things".

"YES! TOTO ESCAPES! Which is a good thing...or they wouldn't be able to sing Africa".

lol

#52 10 years ago

The lights are always on because they are trying to make up for the none existent GI lighting . Fail !

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The lights are always on because they are trying to make up for the none existent GI lighting . Fail !

image.jpgimage.jpg
#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol after 3 hrs he couldn't figure out the rules? Better stick to vids. They are easier

Yeah, that's how I handle user feedback as well. I tell the user they're stupid.

#55 10 years ago

Mark is a good guy and I always enjoy his reviews. People should really watch when he was at the PAPA world championships back in 2011 or 2012. People need to calm down about WOZ, he brings up a lot of valid points about the machine in its current state.

- Why Wizard of Oz? The theme can be a turnoff to a lot of people (me included).
- Not a Stern like layout, which is a good thing.
- High Quality.
- LCD screen is nice, but can be distracting to some.
- Lots of flashing lights, not sure what to shoot for.

I see no bashing in this review. Just an honest opinion.

#56 10 years ago

Nice personal attack Alex.

Why am I not surprised?

#57 10 years ago

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and be able to take a joke.

WOZ is by many measures a success, so owners (and paid up future owners) should be able to take a ribbing and laugh along with the rest.

Even people who actually like Nickelback, will tell a Nickelback joke; it's all in fun.

Q: What's the difference between Nickelback and a mosquito?

A: A mosquito stops sucking and dies.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice personal attack Alex.
Why am I not surprised?

Also a GREAT way to represent Jack and his company. If I were Jack I would've put a stop to it a long time ago.

#59 10 years ago

The dude's review is fine. He was hilarious in the ACDC review & even gripes on the artwork

Bowen loves NKOTB lol

I spent 2.5 uninterrupted hours on WOZ last weekend before the local arcade opened its doors.

Gotta say... There are some really fantastic features in the hardware & software. I absolutely love how you can earn back your lost ball & the toys, bells & whistles are truly endless on this game.

But the theme, the sound, the clutter, the glitches & the somewhat slow floaty gameplay are a turn off (to me). Now that's not saying I won't play it @ the arcade, of course I will, but this won't ever be a purchase for me.

This is just my opinion & although I'm not in love with the game I will say that when I see WOZ I do think "good job JJP on your first game".

Maybe I will make a review video & eat a BLT while commenting

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Also a GREAT way to represent Jack and his company. If I were Jack I would've put a stop to it a long time ago.

As stated multiple times before I represent myself.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As stated multiple times before I represent myself.

Sorry must've missed that one.

#62 10 years ago

I always liked his reviews. The guy is funny in his own weird way. Like Jacks Sparrow is. I think it's far from one of his best review. Don't really care about WOZ either way but he kinda pushed a few too many jokes at the expense of the review this time. Still I had fun watching it. I remember his Avatar review. He kept focussing on how is it possible for the army to loose to the blue people. He lost track there too but it was funny.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I represent myself.

....and poorly sometimes. You go from zero to crushed teenaged girl in two seconds sometimes.

Chill man, your goat is easily got and some people know it.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I notice one thing in common with all the people who can't find the humor in his review.

who'd have thought?

#65 10 years ago

Opposite is true though for people who enjoyed the review....lol.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoyed the review (all his reviews actually) and I like WoZ so I'm not so sure you're correct there. I agreed with some points, not all. Either way it's entertainment.

I like CGR regardless of the reviews. I don't need validation from an internet personality for my purchases.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even people who actually like Nickelback, will tell a Nickelback joke; it's all in fun

As a Canadian (Albertan even) I formally extend my apologies for Nickelback. haha

#68 10 years ago

I agree with this review, WOZ was not a good theme for a pinball. I guess if you have kids they might like it, JJP could have made a great pin with lets say the Aliens as a theme. That being said I can overlook the theme the game itself is not that great. Well built and nice light show but that's about it.

#69 10 years ago

sorry , this review seemed very amateur, by referring to blinky things on the playfield , he seemed not to have any idea about the game, and just walked up to it and played it for the first time , and recorded his thoughts on camera. I was just expecting a little more viable information about the game. Since , this is a new game from a new company, I was expecting maybe the differences between this particular machine and other modern pins . instead of "blinky things" refer to them as RGB color changing led light boards, or that there is 5 flippers, 4 magnets , more interactive toys on any machine ever made , im just reviewing the review, not the game

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

sorry , this review seemed very amateur, by referring to blinky things on the playfield , he seemed not to have any idea about the game, and just walked up to it and played it for the first time , and recorded his thoughts on camera. I was just expecting a little more viable information about the game. Since , this is a new game from a new company, I was expecting maybe the differences between this particular machine and other modern pins . instead of "blinky things" refer to them as RGB color changing led light boards, or that there is 5 flippers, 4 magnets , more interactive toys on any machine ever made , im just reviewing the review, not the game

Nice review of the reviewer reviewing the game!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have a feeling this guy got stuffed in his locker a lot in high school.

I have a feeling you were a bully..

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

Without proper punctuation and capitalization, this review of a review seems amateurish.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I agree with this review, WOZ was not a good theme for a pinball, unless of course you're a older women or a little light in the loafers. I guess if you have kids they might like it, JJP could have made a great pin with lets say the Aliens as a theme. That being said I can overlook the theme the game itself is not that great. Well built and nice light show but that's about it.

Honestly, I have CV which has the same fringe appeal to it, and I like the Wizard of Oz as a theme. I just think JJP WOZ is a terrible machine.

Quoted from wolowizard:

Since , this is a new game from a new company, I was expecting maybe the differences between this particular machine and other modern pins . instead of "blinky things" refer to them as RGB color changing led light boards, or that there is 5 flippers, 4 magnets , more interactive toys on any machine ever made , im just reviewing the review, not the game

RGB LED light boards, extra flippers, magnets, LCDs, and spinning houses don't make a great game. If it plays like a turd, you can't throw innovative technology at it to fix a turd. And remember that consumers, not collectors, are where the money is. Collectors are a safe audience no matter what you do (clearly). A consumer will walk up to WOZ, get totally lost, drain on this relatively punishing machine, and then think "this wasn't worth a dollar" and walk away.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

RGB LED light boards, extra flippers, magnets, LCDs, and spinning houses don't make a great game.

I aint calling names, but there's a shit-ton of people who never got that memo.

The way a lot of these guys talk, that damn LCD display alone is the be-all, end-all of current and future pinball design.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You mean the group with a sense of humor?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Hmmmm, honoustly, i think this is his worst pin review. You could tell that he has not played enough to understand what was going on.
I like his other reviews. This one from the first minut i felt like he did not give it a fair chance. He made up his mind before playing. He says the screen is not something that adds, but he is crying he does not know what to do. Maybe look up....... And watch at the screen???
Meh, bad job classic.
Ah well.... Just another review.

5 minus without any feedback for this post?

LOL!

What a lovely people on the forum, thank god for the ignore button, which all 5 already are under before this. I picked wisely i geuss.

#77 10 years ago

5 minus without any feedback for this post?
LOL!
What a lovely people on the forum, thank god for the ignore button, which all 5 already are under.

If you go through life ignoring any information other than that which you agree, you'll experience a very unrewarding existence.

Have a great one, regardless.

#78 10 years ago

Go through life??? Wtf are you on about?

I am on a pinball forum. Grow up. If i need my mum, i call her ok?

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Honestly, I have CV which has the same fringe appeal to it, and I like the Wizard of Oz as a theme. I just think JJP WOZ is a terrible machine.

RGB LED light boards, extra flippers, magnets, LCDs, and spinning houses don't make a great game. If it plays like a turd, you can't throw innovative technology at it to fix a turd. And remember that consumers, not collectors, are where the money is. Collectors are a safe audience no matter what you do (clearly). A consumer will walk up to WOZ, get totally lost, drain on this relatively punishing machine, and then think "this wasn't worth a dollar" and walk away.

We are all entitled to our own opinions... Here is mine I went to my local arcade last nite played Avengers, ST pro and MET pro. Now for my opinion ST blows MET away! way more fun! and I enjoy WOZ more than any of the games I just mentioned!

#80 10 years ago

Let's not forget one thing. These guys advertise a lot on the net to the non pinhead community. They vulgarize everything with jokes and the obvious not to scare people or give them headhaches trying to figure out wtf they mean.
These reviews are for fun, not to addicts like us.
Think It's cool and can only bring more people to the hobby.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I agree with this review, WOZ was not a good theme for a pinball, unless of course you're a older women or a little light in the loafers. I guess if you have kids they might like it, JJP could have made a great pin with lets say the Aliens as a theme. That being said I can overlook the theme the game itself is not that great. Well built and nice light show but that's about it.

This gets more clever every time that you post it.
This was really funny two years ago. No wait, it was already old then.

Is this all you got? Old ladies and "light in the loafers?"
There is tons of material to work with in WOZ. Give it another shot. I'm sure that you can come with something better.

#82 10 years ago

What a lovely people on the forum

WTF are you on about?

#83 10 years ago

Yup I think this thread will turn sour very soon.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yup I think this thread will turn sour very soon.

That's how you can tell it is a WoZ thread

It has a best before date of ~1-2 pages at best...

#85 10 years ago

Pretty bad review considering it really wasn't a review. Seemed more like a comedy routine that failed miserably.
I did find his take on RoboCop as Great American Cinema funny though.

The only point he made that I agree was his criticism with all the blinking lights.

#86 10 years ago

I love CGR. His video game reviews are great, but I really like his pinball reviews. I think he's hilarious.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The dude's review is fine. He was hilarious in the ACDC review & even gripes on the artwork
Bowen loves NKOTB lol

#88 10 years ago

Let me take some heat away from the review hate

2 for 1 deal

WOZ topper & WOZ GI mod all in ONE

Now shipping!

image-90.jpgimage-90.jpg
#89 10 years ago

That's a Pixar topper!

#90 10 years ago

All the WOZ haters love the review! lol...not surprised.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Go to the JJP moderated forum if you can't take comments about inserts, theme & GI.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All the WOZ fanboys hate the review! lol...not surprised.

Fixed it for ya.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Incorrect. I like the review, agree with the review on several points, and like WoZ as well.

It's just that some of you guys tend to take anything short of total religious praise for JJP and WoZ as some kind of affront.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Go to the JJP moderated forum if you can't take comments about inserts, theme & GI.

I can. Just doing a little ribbing back, haha.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All the WOZ haters love the review!

I'm waiting impatiently for my WOZle, and I'm currently babysitting my neighbor's WOZ during his move.

I though the review was mildly funny, as are most of Mark's reviews.

WOZ owners are super defensive, more so than any other game in existence.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

WOZ owners are super defensive, more so than any other game in existence.

True, they are...but not quite as sensitive as AC/DC owners. A lynch mob shows up if you criticize that game! LOL!

#97 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

True, they are...but not quite as sensitive as AC/DC owners. A lynch mob shows up if you criticize that game! LOL!

People whine about ACDC cause they feel the game kicks their ass or "has cheap drains" as a few have been on record as constantly complaining about.

WoZ seems to be bashed by some for other reasons besides hard or punishing game play.

Atleast thats how I see most complaints about the 2

#99 10 years ago

This seems like a fair "casual" review. Personal Attacks on Greg (reviewer) from Pinchroma as unwarranted as they are unexpected.

I thought for sure when he said something like "they stuffed everything from the movie into the game" he was going to follow it up with a line such as "except any of the memorable voice work or sountrack music". He didn't go there, so either his ears are broken, he is woefully unfamiliar with the reference material or he was not there to pick the nits but play and review a new pinball based upon its fun factor.

There are a lot of flashy lights, that's what anybody going up to WoZ notices for the first time. Bridging the gap from "what the heck" to "I know what I am doing" is tough, I am not sure if the game does it. If you need to look online to figure out significant bits of the rules, the game is doing it wrong (ACDC also fails this test, judging by the number of owners I have seen posting they are confused by this or that).

#100 10 years ago

Content aside, I find his Big Announcer Voice incredibly annoying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classicgameroom-reviews-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.