(Topic ID: 128699)

Classic Sterns Produced Again? From Stern's Facebook page.

By Nuclear_Waste

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403432-i.jpg
    401891.jpg
    401689-i.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    59775.jpg
    DSCF7688.JPG
    DSCF7701.JPG
    DSCF7699.JPG
    side2.jpg
    Nugent-backglass1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Big Game remake Topper.PNG
    rap_graph.jpg
    giphy.gif
    sternclassic.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is a good idea too. Games like Dracula could be much better if the sounds were upgraded. that game's rules are pretty fun, but the beep boop sounds ruin it for me.

you can sub in chimes from an earlier MPU-100 game.

-c

#72 8 years ago

This is all a great idea until they put their hand out and ask for 4k+. You can get 2 awesome condition classic sterns (-star gazer) for that money.

If they emulate the analog sounds/bad robotic voices badly, that could put folks off too.

I'm on the fence if this is something i would pony up for. maybe Star Gazer?

-c

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I would personally like it if they stayed AlphaNumeric. I can't understand why some people HAVE to have a dmd/lcd. I never look at it anyways.

or just Numeric. who needs letters? high score initials would be nice....and there starts the scope creep.

-c

1 week later
    #140 8 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

If they can dig up the BOM and plans to build Hypnox, you got my attention

Lazer lord was found. It's probably sitting around somewhere.

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Is there a project page for this? There are more than 3 sound effects (I think 6... 10,100,1000 and 10K beeps, a peeww on pops and wowowow on bonus advance. How do those all translate to chimes, and what's the recommended source for a chime box?
    I have a Drac and would love to switch in chimes for the pong sounds.

The audio board interprets the 4 solinoids power and converts into sound. You would just need to wire it up like stars or sea Ray. I've seen this done before on system 1 games and clay has info on his site for that. This should be the same concept.

-c

#293 8 years ago

I would be in for as close to original as possible for 2500. More than that, or, straying too far from the original and I'm out.

I would want an option to put in original plasma displays so I would even grumble about the hv section missing. I guess that's just how I roll.

2500 buys a lot of fun.

-c

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-sterns-produced-again-from-sterns-facebook-page?tu=craigc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.