(Topic ID: 128699)

Classic Sterns Produced Again? From Stern's Facebook page.

By Nuclear_Waste

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tommy-dog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403432-i.jpg
    401891.jpg
    401689-i.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    59775.jpg
    DSCF7688.JPG
    DSCF7701.JPG
    DSCF7699.JPG
    side2.jpg
    Nugent-backglass1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Big Game remake Topper.PNG
    rap_graph.jpg
    giphy.gif
    sternclassic.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Big Game remake. The only pin I would pre-order. haha.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Here's what I'd want---and I believe it would be technically viable for most (but not all) classic stern titles:
    -Sell me a "Classic Stern" Cabinet with a basic SPIKE (or whatever would work) system in it.
    -Let me buy individual (and affordable--I can dream, right?) Classic Stern populated playfields/translites with a standard connector that hooks up to the brain in my Classic Stern Cabinet.
    -Plug and play. Swap as desired.
    Storing 10+ populated playfields might be a challenge, but I'd find a way!

This would be cool. not sure how many wide bodies their were, but I think most were standard. Big Game is the only wide body I know of.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

They built 8 widebody production games from 1980 until they closed in 82, pretty much a 50/50 split between the two sizes during those years.

okay well if they did this swap out option (which I think is a good idea), then sounds like you would have to make a standard and widebody cab.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

I hope they do this and the originals versions drop in price. I don't see Stern selling them for a price I would go for.

I think if this happened then it would be the only way I would sell my classic Stern. Assuming the new version plays great.

#41 8 years ago

Completely forgot about Viper too. that game looks like so much fun. Great artwork too.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It would have to be one of the premier classic Sterns. All the others are great but not as popular.
    Seawitch
    Nine Ball
    Star Gazer
    Quicksilver (maybe)
    Flight 2000 (they made too many)
    Meteor (they made too many)

I agree with this. If this does happen, I would assume that the most well known classic Sterns would be the ones to get re-made. Unfortunately, the most well known ones are not necessarily the best players IMO. Either way, would be very interested to see what Stern comes up with on this front.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Really, I just don't see Stern producing any classic Sterns. I don't think todays pinheads can handle a new pinball machine without a DMD or LCD display.

True. A lot of people only have DMDs in their lineup. I guess the sales of WNBJM will give Stern some idea, but I don't think they really know what kind of interest they would have with remaking some classics. Would like to see them start with like a Seawitch and go from there.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe they would update a classic stern with a DMD. That would be an interesting twist.

maybe like a combo of the class numeric displays and one of those apron LCDs.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

The classics are already out there and repro parts are becoming available to make them look and play like new again (or better than new). I'd much rather see new original games, perhaps in the "classic" style. Say a single-level, drop target and spinner type game, but with deeper rules (and modern sounds) made possible by the expanded memory capacity. Might as well make new original art too (with retro style) instead of trying to reproduce the art of games of the era.

This is a good idea too. Games like Dracula could be much better if the sounds were upgraded. that game's rules are pretty fun, but the beep boop sounds ruin it for me.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

or just Numeric. who needs letters? high score initials would be nice....and there starts the scope creep.
    -c

one of the features I would want in a new one. Alphanumeric so that we can have a high score list on it. That, ball save options, modes, and multiballs. I think a neat classic feature of some of the other games from the 80s is the double or triple scoring when there are 2 or more balls in play. I feel like these are all easy improvements that could be made to some of these titles to help entice remake sales.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed, and a DMD, toppers, armor, LE model....

haha. not all that. Just a few things to spice it up. Bascially I would want the game to look the exact same, but have some curveballs thrown into the tech and rules of the game.

#83 8 years ago

Big Game remake topper for sale. Her name is Tammy and she costs $1,000.

Big Game remake Topper.PNGBig Game remake Topper.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-sterns-produced-again-from-sterns-facebook-page?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.