(Topic ID: 201306)

Classic Stern VE's - How much would you pay for NIB?

By Yoko2una

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much would you pay for a Stern Classic VE NIB? (Assume it's your favorite title of the bunch)”

• Less than $4000 34 votes
    41%
  • Between $4000 - $4500 24 votes
    29%
  • Between $4500 - $5000 13 votes
    16%
  • Between $5000 - $5500 4 votes
    5%
  • Between $5500 - $6000 1 vote
    1%
  • More than $6000 6 votes
    7%

(82 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Honestly with the price of restores and the time they take if you have to find a base game, buy the needed parts, etc you are usually in it for 4-5K for most of the better games. I think $4500 is a pretty fair price for a NIB QS, SG, or SW and I think they would sell a decent amount of them but not a ton. They probably wouldn't lose a lot of sales at the pro price of $5200. But I do think it would be a very limited marked and I'd be surprised to see more then a few hundred sell.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'd much rather remakes of Classic Bally games. Still wouldn't pay more than $4kish though.

I would think CGC has at least talked about it. I think Centaur and Fathom both could be good options but I still don't see them coming in under 5K.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Meh, forget the old Stern games if priced high as Jody warned.
I'd rather see CGC do some shit like Time Fantasy, Gorgar, Sorcerer, etc.
Man. That would be tits!
NIB Flash Gordon, NIB Black Knight, NIB Firepower, NIB Pinbot...
Oh man, I'd want one of each.

The problem with all of those is that you can buy them in pretty good shape for a fraction of what a new one would cost. A really nice original Gorgar for $1400 is going to make selling a NIB one for 4K pretty difficult. I think there are really only a few games that could make sense.

Centaur, Fathom, and Seawitch are really the only ones that come to mind that could command the price it would need to sell at NIB.

I like the idea of Spooky doing some new retro style titles. I think there might be a bigger market for that then remakes honestly. They might actually make them edgy enough were as I think other companies would wuss out.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I generally disagree with this statement. Apples to apples - Finding MINT examples of those games (perfect cabinet, playfield, no rust, no corrosion, etc.) is very, very difficult to do and when they are listed, they sell for thousands of dollars. A NIB sorcerer, gorgar etc. at $4K I think would sell very well. Besides, there are many newbies to pinball who don't have a clue as to pinball repair that want a mint version of a game but don't want to have to deal with electronics that are decades old, drying out, and are ready to have issues at any moment.

True, but people would rush to pay 4K now because it's a super rare find. Will they do they same if it's not rare anymore? I don't think they would. I'd love to see it happen but I just don't see it other then maybe on a few of the top $ classics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 959.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-ves-how-much-would-you-pay-for-nib?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.