6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by stangbat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

insp sn (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

I'm restoring a classic Stern and I found the following card with the game's serial number in the cabinet. I can't find where it was originally located. I've looked though pics on IPDB and can't find where it goes. I'm pretty sure it doesn't go on the underside of the PF as none of the pics have it located there. It also doesn't look like it went in the backbox, none of the pics show it there. So that leaves the inside of the cabinet, and there aren't many pics on IPDB of the inside of classic Stern cabinets.

The card is 2-3/4" x 1-3/8"

Anyone?

insp sn (resized).jpeginsp sn (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

After a lot of searching, I'm thinking it may have been on the bottom of the cabinet under the cash box. This probably explains why you don't often see this label.

#4 6 years ago

I was right. Found it, of course one of the last Stern pics on IPDB for Orbiter 1:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1725&picno=69647

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-serial-number-card-location and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.