4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

I don't think it will be an SCR problem. At some point I'll try an original CPU to see if the lamps staying on is due to the code in the altek.

Alltek uses factory code. It aint your issue. Might be the 4050 buffer chip driving the SCR in question - you didn't say which lamp it was that's lighting reversed.
Did you try jumpering TP3 on the lamp driver board to the gate leg of the SCR which manually switches it on to test the SCR?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

As to the code, being the issue for match lamp and shoot again lamp, I'm still leaning that way, but I expect that the only way to be sure is to have someone with Wild Fyre check for me.

Have you performed the memory clear function on the Alltek? Game select switches set to "01111111". Clearing the NVRAM has been known to fix up weird issues.
Regarding code, when the Alltek is on non-freeplay mode it runs 100% stock factory code.

FYI, Stern Wild Fyre and Stern Dracula run exactly the same software code. Stern simply made different playfield/art packages for the two. Ditto with Pinball/Stingray, Lectronamo/Nugent, Magic/Cosmic Princess.

Quoted from SteveNZ:

the other is the match lamp on the backboard, once lit it stays, on I would expect it to alternate with the high score to date lamp. The high score to date works correctly,

Umm, this is a typo right? You meant Ball in Play lamp, not High Game to Date lamp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-lamp-problems?tu=Quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.