IMG_5883.JPG
playfield top.jpg
playfeild after.jpg
iron maiden before.jpg
playfield inside.jpg
backbox3.jpg
backbox1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

First I am a big classic stern/bally fan. I owned 10 pins and 8 of this are bally or classic stern.

During the last christmas holiday I bought a complete Iron maiden playfield with the intention to put it in my big game cabinet to play it... but I also ask on pinside and pinball owner for the backglass and i was lucky enought to located the inner backglass. The guy sold it to me from netherland and the backglass land here safe.
In march, my facebook pop with a pics from a friend who knows that I'm looking for the inner backglass... This one...
image.jpgimage.jpg

There is everything in this pics to finish my project... Outer backglass, specific light panel, etc...

So I ask my friend where he found the pic... He told he saw it on a topics from pinside, seem to be from the flea market at the Texas pinball festival.

I send an email to the guy who take the pics (Brettbutler) and going to bed with not much hope...

I woke next morning with a new pic and an answer...
cabinet.jpgcabinet.jpg

Look like the game is complete, minus the inner backglass... Brett also answer me... He will look if he can find the guy who have the pin, and ask me if i want he buy it for me if the price is ok... I told him i will buy it if the price is good.

Couple hour later, i check my email... I have 2 pm message from pinside. Brett found the guy and he is welling to sell it. He give me is phone number and ask me to call him as soon as possible because the guy is packing is truck to go back home.

He also write a little message directly on pinside to let me know he found the seller
brett.jpgbrett.jpg

I call him back and he give me the seller phone number and the asking price... He also tell me that the guy will be at the allentown show and he can delivery the pins for free.

I call the seller, he ask me a little deposit to secure the pin and tell me it will be at the allentown show saturday morning, we exchange phone#, adresse email and i send him the deposit with paypal. We will finalise the transaction at allentown.

I have now everything in hand to make this project awesome! I really amaze i can get this pin only because a pinball guy, a perfect stranger, was nice enought to answer my email and make the arrangement for me!

Pinball is an awesome community...

#2 9 years ago

That's great, I've bought from Brett before, great guy. Post more pictures and a vid when it's done. Have fun.

#3 9 years ago

i pick up my Iron Maiden at allentown show... Everything went smooth!

Cab is pretty rought... The pin is very clean inside, probably the cleanest one i had. Backglass is ok. Looking to have it running pretty quick! I am an happy customer!

cab1.jpgcab1.jpg
cab2.jpgcab2.jpg

As soon as i go back home, I change the bottom cabinet and do the cab job... repaint and rescreen everything
cab3.jpgcab3.jpg
backbox.jpgbackbox.jpg
can repeint.jpgcan repeint.jpg

#4 9 years ago

I was at TPF and saw it in person. It was in very nice shape and is a great candidate for a full restore. You should have seen the restored Maiden he had on the gameroom floor, absolutely beautiful.

#5 9 years ago

I rebuilt the interior backbox, have the board check and redone.
backbox2.jpgbackbox2.jpg
backbox1.jpgbackbox1.jpg
backbox3.jpgbackbox3.jpg

Now, time for the playfield...

Everything clean inside, tumbler metal part, change light socket and ground braid, new drop, new spinner, new coil wrap.
playfield inside.jpgplayfield inside.jpg

Playfield touch up and clear (befaore and after pics)
iron maiden before.jpgiron maiden before.jpg
playfeild after.jpgplayfeild after.jpg
playfield top.jpgplayfield top.jpg

#6 9 years ago

I finally had everything back together... after one night of debug, I finally play it!
Very interesting gameplay with a lot to do, lot goals to acheive.
Lot of shots, some easy some hard to complete. Lots of fun rules... I really like it!

IMG_5883.JPGIMG_5883.JPG
IMG_5873.JPGIMG_5873.JPG
IMG_5867.JPGIMG_5867.JPG
IMG_5886.JPGIMG_5886.JPG
IMG_5889.JPGIMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5893.JPGIMG_5893.JPG
IMG_5895.JPGIMG_5895.JPG
IMG_5898.JPGIMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5900.JPGIMG_5900.JPG
IMG_5897.JPGIMG_5897.JPG

#7 9 years ago

Where's the gameplay video, Gino?!?

#8 9 years ago

I need to shoot a new one with the clearcoat playfield inside... but here you go...

#9 9 years ago

Wonderful job you did. Yes game play vid.

#10 9 years ago

You've done amazing work with it !!

So glad we were able to connect so quickly and that it all worked out for you.
That game is a blast. Let me know if you ever want to sell it

ps. i switched over to "labnip" now as my pinside user id.

cheers,
bb

#11 9 years ago

Yesss! Great story, and fantastic job! she's really beautiful!!

#12 9 years ago

Really nice!!!

#13 9 years ago

first one...

#14 9 years ago

Amazing work. Very special.

... but crank those rear levelers to 3" to speed the game up!

#15 9 years ago

Wow, I gave up trying to find one years ago. Congrats on pulling one together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-iron-maiden-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.