Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm in southern NJ. I'm selling a beautiful Flight 2000 that I restored last year. It's a stunning example and probably the nicest you will ever find, except for the one I restored in 2011. PM me for details and pics, I have over 200 pics. I will ship it NAVL at buyer's expense.
Thanks, Rich

#2 9 years ago

Whether i want to buy or not i have to pretend im interested to see pics? There are a lot of free hosting sites and by all means no one is forcing you to post pics, i just think fellow hobbyists would like to admire. So yes, I think posting pics is good for the hobby, whether one is interested to buy or not.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Lovef2k - this will be a tremendous help with the project F2K I just picked up. I cannot wait to give it a play, but mice have eaten some wires, some all the way thru. It will be a while...

#6 9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful game. Wish I had the space. Thanks for sharing the pics and good luck with your sale

#7 9 years ago

Thanks Bob and Fuko! Bob, what wires do you need, I may have what you need.

#8 9 years ago

Did I miss the price? One of those Pinside details

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Did I miss the price? One of those Pinside details

Like the tire and appliance ads; "PRICED TOO LOW TO ADVERTISE".

#10 9 years ago

Sorry guys, I didn't put a price because sometimes it's negotiated or scares people off. I restored one exactly like this in 2011 and sold early 2012 for $6500. That's huge $ for an early stern game. The only difference was that one had a CPR repro pf and chrome side rails. Obviously if you are paying such a premium for a game, you are a collector of high restorations. If you looked at all the pics and explanations I added, you can see that countless hours went into this game. I'm very detai loriented. Heck even the coinbox is restored. So I would be happy with $5K for this machine. And at that price, there's no profit.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Like the tire and appliance ads; "PRICED TOO LOW TO ADVERTISE".

haha, add to cart to see price!

#12 9 years ago

Definitely an awesome restoration.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Definitely an awesome restoration.

Thanks Jeff. I'm also ding a Flash Gordon, should be done in a month or so.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks for the offer, Lovef2k, but at this point, I'm just splicing in from what I have on hand. If I get All the wires that are chewed are on J3 of the Rectifier board. Wonky voltages coming off that sucker, so I'm rebuilding the rectifier this weekend.

Good news is that the cpu booted up in my other classic Stern, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Cheers!!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Thanks for the offer, Lovef2k, but at this point, I'm just splicing in from what I have on hand. If I get All the wires that are chewed are on J3 of the Rectifier board. Wonky voltages coming off that sucker, so I'm rebuilding the rectifier this weekend.
Good news is that the cpu booted up in my other classic Stern, so that's one less thing to worry about.
Cheers!!

Good luck with it, that's a good place to start.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Thanks Jeff. I'm also ding a Flash Gordon, should be done in a month or so.

Ooh, I'd love to see how that comes out. That's a fun game.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ooh, I'd love to see how that comes out. That's a fun game.

Def will post pics, its coming together slowly but will be awesome looking when finished.

3 weeks later
#19 9 years ago

That F2K is over-the-top beautiful! I really respect your attention to detail.

Chroming the transformer brackets? I love it!!!

#20 9 years ago

Rich probably does the nicest classic stern restorations I have seen. I don't think there is any better. His attention to details is outstanding. Especially the new paperwork he has redone. This stuff is over the top. Looks identical to factory and trust me I know. I have original paper work from 1980 and his stuff is a spot match. Good stuff.

Great job Rich. I would not hesitate to buy a $5k F2k. Hell it is better then most modern games.

#21 9 years ago

Hey thanks Bill and Badbrick! I do my best on these games. Might be some OCD on my part, but it brings out a nice machine. I'm getting close to finishing a Flash Gordon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-collectors-fully-restored-museum-quality-flight-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.