Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Gatecrasher
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7877 (resized).JPG
IMG_7167 (resized).JPG
5J5A8446 (resized).JPG
5J5A8432 (resized).JPG
Old-Stern-door (resized).jpg

#1 15 days ago

Does anyone have a good brand/source for paint/technique to replicate factory early Stern Coin door/cabinet entry trim?

I pirated this Trident pic off of google images, but most of my original non molested Stern doors have similar look as this one, it's a semi textured darker silver with potentially what looks like clear coat, or it was just extremely glossy thick paint...

I have several other Sterns which I think have had the doors redone at some point in the past, which are just a fairly flat silver paint.

Im looking to replicate this original look such as this trident the best I can on a few restorations that I'm working on. Will be bead blasting the doors & legs down to bare metal.... but before I go & buy bunch of stuff to test paint, just wondering if anyone has already done the leg work on this?

Old-Stern-door (resized).jpg
#3 15 days ago

I use the Rustoleum Hammered Paint (I believe its the Silver) and get a decent result.

5J5A8432 (resized).JPG

5J5A8446 (resized).JPG

#4 15 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I use the Rustoleum Hammered Paint (I believe its the Silver) and get a decent result.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Best easy way to replicate it at home I have found.

#5 15 days ago

Used it for the legs on Nine Ball as well (Original on left, "new" on right). Picture of door was before I added the "Press Start" button.

IMG_7167 (resized).JPG

IMG_7877 (resized).JPG

#6 14 days ago

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

#7 11 days ago

That's the paint I use for Stern doors too. Did one for a Galaxy a while back and it turned out great.

The two decals you'll need are available.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfields
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside