20240416_202302 (resized).jpg
20240416_202147 (resized).jpg
20240416_202142 (resized).jpg
20240416_202138 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

prob a playfield if/when that happens!

is there a repro PF being worked on somewhere?

#145 3 years ago

that's good news

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

couple more pics will be listing a few other classics also
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is a NICE Cheetah PF!

1 week later
#158 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I predict you will have a request for another set sometime in the future. . . just have to get thru one or two other projects first.

+1 as well, mine is in an ok shape but i really would want to touch it up with a Bleu cab art. That reminds me i need to order my QS set...

1 week later
#160 3 years ago

Is there any good set of instruction cards out there to print? Not finding much...

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Is there any good set of instruction cards out there to print? Not finding much...

Used Ken template for Nine Ball and updated it with Cheetah info based on original cards pictures, will do for now

Stern_Cheetah_instruction_cards v2.pdfStern_Cheetah_instruction_cards v2.pdf
#163 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, this looks GREAT!

And if anyone wants the "formatted" version in a 6x4" picture you can easily print out (Costco $.12 each) just shout me a PM for the HQ version.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

And if anyone wants the "formatted" version in a 6x4" picture you can easily print out (Costco $.12 each) just shout me a PM for the HQ version.

They are not looking bad

20200721_212714 (resized).jpg20200721_212714 (resized).jpg
#176 3 years ago

If CPR is going on a Stern PF run, i would appreciate some 9B action

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Finding the wide body lockdown bar is going to be the challenge

or finding 2 normal size and cutting them like they used to?

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

G'day,
I don't do a lot on Pinside but I saw your question so thought I'd take a few Pix of my Cheetah and post them through. Please excuse the scared glass !
Cheers 18
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pretty cool, did you make these yourself?

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

No it's just how it was when I got it! If it helps I can ask my mate I bought it off where he got em from!?

i am definitely curious

1 week later
#187 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Guys & Gals, we need 6 more ratings to get this one on the top 100. If you have time this week...put up a rating on her!

5 left

4 weeks later
#222 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Tourney folks - do you know if that Cheetah Home is what was at like INDISC and other big tournies? It feels like it's a better way to play it. These are notes I had from Ron on Slam Tilt about optimal Cheetah settings. I need to find a manual I can read to see how to adjust these settings once I get the Weebly board.
- set bonus X to reset every ball
- set left main bank to light bonus collect on 2nd set of drops - not 1st
- set grid awards to maintain between balls
- turn off EB and Specials (how many points?)
- set outlane posts all the way up
- make sure upper right sling above sling shot is super sensitive

I don't remember the details except the INDISC rom was the one where bonus collect is once a game.

I didn't think you could change bonus X reset on Stern?

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

It's once a ball for the collect on the custom rom.

i do believe there are 2 of the custom ROMs, once with once per game and once per ball,,, now where did I see that?

3 weeks later
#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Hi Guys
I am about to join the Club in the next couple of weeks , can’t wait
I was wondering if anyone had a modified Game rom , that stoped the collection of the bonus over & over , I’m sure I read somewhere there was one
Any help would be appreciated

there are different version available
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5291

2 weeks later
#262 3 years ago

I usually just use this one from PBL on top of the one that comes with a rebuild kit:
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-secondary-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html

1 week later
#266 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd buy one of those.
Do that for Big Game and I would buy 2

i second that

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

CAD just wrapping up on the Cheetah PF, should be cutting in a week or so. We're cutting Flight 2000 at the same time to take advantage of the reconfigure of the CNC table to wide body clamping positions and we should have some ready to print before Xmas..... don't think they'll fit in your stocking though lol

Mike
www.ClassicPlayfields.com

you should allow for automatic order so i can have mine shipped as soon as it hits the shop

4 months later
#316 3 years ago

ohhhh exciting, another PF to pile up in my "swap to do" list tough...

3 weeks later
#331 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I just sent a Thank You e-mail to Stu at CPR.
He replied and mentioned that they only had seven or so printed for this first offering. He thinks they had about 15 playfields cut and should have more printed/available in the future (but did not give a time frame).
There is still hope for those that want one!

7 was definitely not a lot...

1 week later
#343 2 years ago

my batch was sent back for clearcoat, apparently had a problem but hey, i am not in a hurry, i got another 5 PF swap to do already -_-

#345 2 years ago

in my opinion it is mostly good work but rarely perfect. it depends on everyone tolerance but that big smudge is pretty rough since it is in the open imo

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

The upgrade that was planned since day one of my build has arrived!
How long are people letting their playfields cure nowadays?
[quoted image]

i am always backlogged with projects so mine cure 3-6 month minimum but CPR recommend 30 days minimum with 45 days better:
https://classicplayfields.com/playfields/

2 weeks later
#359 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Sorry but after my QS backglass, I would like to avoid if possible. Plus I tried contacting him several times to place another order for an AS backglass & got zero responses on multiple attempts. He's likely overwhelmed with requests & his communication in the past has been lacking.

communication has always been hard with Stephen, make sure to follow this:

"Please Send any new request to [email protected]…. I do not monitor emails unless their threads where initiated from the [email protected]"

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Did you install yours yet?
I guess that would be about 3 months of cure time on the first run

mine is still back at the clearcoat guy for "repair of issues"... i am gonna go through it with a fine comb when it finally arrives

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It was damaged when you got it?

they didn't even send it out, got an email asking what i wanted to do since my PF had "issues" coming back from the clearcoat company. told them i am not in a hurry and they can just send it when it is fixed, that was a month ago and i haven't heard from them yet.

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

6) And speaking of more Cheetah playfields, the next batch of 20 is being clearcoated now, and should be in CPRs hands in approx 3-4 weeks. So if you missed out on the first run, keep an eye out soon when they go on sale.

yeah that's the batch my PF is with, well i have already 5 PF to swap and now in the middle of a very time intensive Barracora PF swap, everything needs work!

#375 2 years ago

ohhhhh congrats, 14h is definitely worth it!

1 week later
#395 2 years ago

got mine back from being recleared a couple days ago, need to open it this weekend and go through it.

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

IDK how there can’t be a “double-stamp” blurry print error on inserts when these playfields are digitally printed. Problem with the digital art file? Just doesn’t make sense to me

keeping it close to the original they used that was silk-ed screened maybe? I assume they redraw all the fonts though so it's weird that they end up with double font printing at the end...?

8 months later
#464 2 years ago

nice! i like the hand painted insert value down the middle

3 weeks later
#476 2 years ago

the new repro are often over saturated imo.. maybe older one faded out but i like the "tame" color better myself.

4 months later
#481 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m finally going to be a member of the club! My good friend I making me a scratch build of a black cabinet cheetah. Gonna be a while, but I can’t wait!

got the drop target bank from a F2K?

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Trident is a better option and already has 4(?) Memory coils and Cheetah needs 5(?).

no memory coil on F2K? I was thinking a wide body donor game would be easier

5 months later
#537 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My cheetah should be ready next month!!
[quoted image]

preeeetty

1 month later
#572 1 year ago

I am surprise there is an original lamp board with Yopsicle installed, you don't need an LED compatible board or LED adapter for those?

1 month later
#631 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

Are you wiring the cap across the wires? That would be wrong. Compare your other switches with caps you will see the diode goes to one wire and the lug, the cap spans the other wire and the lug. The cap goes across neither the wires nor the diode.

thats how my Cheetah is wired too:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Assuming I did this right, the reading is 113.3 I put the leads on the tab attached to the tilt ring and the one off to the side like cottonm4 ’s pic shows how his cap is wired up. [quoted image]

1 year later
#658 2 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I’m trying to scratch build my Cheetah using an original (but semi-hacked up and tangled) harness and just trying to figure out the paths the harness should take. Can’t find any pics of an original harness mounted? I’ve had this playfield sitting up in work mode for WAY too long. Actually finished two other swaps in the time I’ve had it up.
[quoted image]

I am in the middle of doing a PF swap so i have a whole folder of tear down pictures if that is helpful:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahxi0c_5v2PVqKNCtoXxpkSugEbsIg?e=cE61ey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-cheetah-club-its-fast?tu=hisokajp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.