Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5J5A9992 (resized).JPG
5J5A0017 (resized).JPG
5J5A0006 (resized).JPG
5J5A0003 (resized).JPG
5J5A0853 (resized).JPG
5J5A0856 (resized).JPG
5J5A0843 (resized).JPG
5J5A0844 (resized).JPG
5J5A0842 (resized).JPG
5J5A0841 (resized).JPG
5J5A0840 (resized).JPG
5J5A0122 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5J5A0089 (resized).JPG
2013-08-19 17.45.17 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 months ago

That is the coolest looking back glass out there, IMO

1 month later
#7 66 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I was able to grab a second Cheetah playfield. . . the art on this one is a little better preserved than the one in the game. Between the two I have a nearly complete set of plastics, only the two thin guides that end at the flippers are chipped near the flipper area. Thinking/hoping I can contact CPR to see if they are interested in using them to make repros. [quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice looking play field. And nice looking plastics, too.

#10 66 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The Cheetah I got years ago had a rough playfield. Found a much better one on Ebay and touched it up and cleared it. It has the prototype blue cabinet and sound ROMs. Underrated Classic Stern for sure.
If you zoom in on my last picture, you can see what I did with the return plastics. I made clear ones with the correct tip. Put the bell spacers underneath where the green plastic ones went. Then spacers above the clear piece and the broken green above. Have to use longer screws but not too long. I did the same to my Galaxy that has that same design.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That back glass just sort of pours onto the play field. It is hard to see where the glass stops and the play field starts. Beautiful !

#13 64 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'd be curious to know which is which. . . black vs. blue. . . more from a historical standpoint as I think both look great.
I've only played my game so I have nothing to compare to, but it has an acoustically appealing base tone to the spinner above the left upper flipper and the furthest right spinner (spinner in the horseshoe has a higher tone). Those spinners lose the base tone when the bonus lamp beneath them is lit (as a reward from scoring three stars of the same color on the drops I think).
I will have to get some gameplay video and dust off the you-tube account unless Pinside adds a way to load sound files. If mine does not have the "base package" I'd really like to add the updated ROMs plus a modern speaker. . .

According to Dr. Dave, the blue cab used the prototype ROMs.

#23 62 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I sent pictures of the plastics/playfield that I have to CPR and I'm waiting to hear back if they have any interest. . . fingers crossed!

THe populated play field I bought a few years ago, now that I understand more, can be restored easily enough. But I did not have all of the plastics and sold (regrettably now) the good ones I had. If CPR were to make plastics then I could restore my play field.

1 month later
#38 14 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I do not have any information on the protector -- I am trying to put together a set of plastics to send to CPR for reproduction. I believe I have everything except one (the right) inlane guide plastic. Hoping someone out there has one that they would be willing to let us borrow to the cause to create the complete set.

I was not aware that Cheetah has reached the $6500.00 level.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83771

#40 14 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Hope you are not quoting me thinking that is my game for sale!
I would not pay that much. . . trying to decide if I would sell for that much though. Probably. Or not.

My humble apologies. I did not mean to imply that you were the seller.

It is something when you have to think if you would sell at that price. Is the game that good? Can I replace it? If you answered "yes" followed by "no", then you keep it. And hope that a $6500.00 price is not a price where two fools met

I have a Cheetah play field that needs restored. Couple of years ago I asked if Cheetah was worth restoring. Several said no. So I sold my plastics. If you are successful in getting some plastics made I may decide to bring it back to life. But Cheetah back glasses can be a challenge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside