20240416_202306 (resized).jpg
20240416_202302 (resized).jpg
20240416_202147 (resized).jpg
20240416_202142 (resized).jpg
20240416_202138 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TractorDoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

A small club by the Pinside numbers, but a great game nonetheless!

I have been on the hunt for one for some time and recently scored a decent example.

5J5A0156 (resized).JPG5J5A0156 (resized).JPG5J5A0154 (resized).JPG5J5A0154 (resized).JPG5J5A0155 (resized).JPG5J5A0155 (resized).JPG5J5A0146 (resized).JPG5J5A0146 (resized).JPG

Not much out there in terms of aftermarket plastics, backglass, playfield, etc. Perhaps with some discussion more Cheetahs will be brought in from the wild and spark support for this elusive beast!

1 month later
#6 4 years ago

I was able to grab a second Cheetah playfield. . . the art on this one is a little better preserved than the one in the game. Between the two I have a nearly complete set of plastics, only the two thin guides that end at the flippers are chipped near the flipper area. Thinking/hoping I can contact CPR to see if they are interested in using them to make repros.

5J5A0071 (resized).JPG5J5A0071 (resized).JPG5J5A0072 (resized).JPG5J5A0072 (resized).JPG
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The Cheetah I got years ago had a rough playfield.

Beautiful work schudel5 !

I was wondering about the blue vs. black cabinet. I think both look great!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I always thought the black was the prototype cabinet? I was wondering if there are any black prototype roms (with the great bass sound), with the bonus update that someone released a couple of years ago?

I'd be curious to know which is which. . . black vs. blue. . . more from a historical standpoint as I think both look great.

I've only played my game so I have nothing to compare to, but it has an acoustically appealing base tone to the spinner above the left upper flipper and the furthest right spinner (spinner in the horseshoe has a higher tone). Those spinners lose the base tone when the bonus lamp beneath them is lit (as a reward from scoring three stars of the same color on the drops I think).

I will have to get some gameplay video and dust off the you-tube account unless Pinside adds a way to load sound files. If mine does not have the "bass package" I'd really like to add the updated ROMs plus a modern speaker. . .

#14 4 years ago

Had a really good game today!

Sadly I yanked the original battery from my MPU when I bought the game home and have not yet installed my NVRAM. I'll just have to try again to repeat/beat it!

5J5A0089 (resized).JPG5J5A0089 (resized).JPG
#16 4 years ago

Thanks for linking those videos koji

After watching I can tell that I have the standard production sound package. I have not advanced in my pinball knowledge enough to know much about programming or how to burn new roms, I was able to find an older Pinside Thread that covers some of the topic though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cheetah-proto-roms-available

It looks the like blue cabinet rom files can be downloaded from the Pin-Mame website but I do not have an account to do so. . . even then I'd still have to hire someone to burn them for me.

Another thought I have is/are these the game roms on the MPU or are there separate roms on the sound card that get swapped out? I have an extra sound card that could be a donor if it was that easy.

#17 4 years ago

I had remembered back to when I went thru my Nine Ball that there were replacement lamp boards available to use 555 twist sockets from www.Pinballreplacementparts.com .

Looks like they only offer the "grid" below the three bank drop targets for Cheetah:

https://pinballreplacementparts.com/products/stern-cheetah-replacement-lamp-boards-take-555-sockets

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from kickabit:

I wish someone could make this happen. It seems like most Cheetah playfields are worn and a CPR playfield would be a nice upgrade from the original. I sure could use one.

I sent pictures of the plastics/playfield that I have to CPR and I'm waiting to hear back if they have any interest. . . fingers crossed!

#26 4 years ago

I had a quick conversation with Stu from CPR today.

More or less he said that the plastics were not something he would take up but said that KevinCPR might be willing on his own time BUT he would need to have a complete set.

My two lane guides have breaks/chips where they meet the flippers so in order for the project to happen we would need to find someone with an unbroken set to help the cause. I would be willing to provide the rest of my playfield plastics if someone else can provide the lane guides. Any takers?

5J5A0122 (resized).JPG5J5A0122 (resized).JPG

An interesting side note, Stu said he would take a look at pictures of my playfields to see if the condition was good enough for a source image -- it sounded like those had more potential for creation than the plastics. I've since sent him better playfield pictures.

Waiting to see what he thinks.

1 week later
#28 4 years ago

While I was out of town last week Stu at CPR messaged me back to say the artwork on the populated playfield looks complete enough to move forward. The next steps are for me to strip the playfield of everything except the inserts and ship to him for scanning. He will then ship it to Mike to create a CAD file. At that point Mike can sand the original playfield, correct inserts, print the new artwork/clearcoat. I imagine there would be some time to source/cut new playfields before a new supply would be available, but at least the artwork would be ready.

I have no problem sending what I have to Stu/Mike. . . I am just wondering if I should have the playfield sanded down to be reprinted. While my original has wood planking, ground in dirt, and several small defects it is still, well, original. I do not know if I have the talent to refurbish my original to a high level, but I do like the fact that it has survived all this time.

One idea is to send the loose playfield to Stu/Mike for the artwork process then perhaps pull the playfield with more wear from my game and send them that for printing. . . I suppose I will have some decisions to make.

In the meantime I will work on depopulating and post some pictures of the loose playfield along the way. Still needing a set of good lane guide plastics if anyone has any to spare for scanning. . . it would really be great if we could make that happen!

1 month later
#34 4 years ago

Even though I've been distracted by other projects I'm still working on the Cheetah Playfield project.

Several "Shop-Out" pictures of the tear down process.

5J5A0840 (resized).JPG5J5A0840 (resized).JPG5J5A0841 (resized).JPG5J5A0841 (resized).JPG5J5A0842 (resized).JPG5J5A0842 (resized).JPG5J5A0843 (resized).JPG5J5A0843 (resized).JPG5J5A0844 (resized).JPG5J5A0844 (resized).JPG5J5A0853 (resized).JPG5J5A0853 (resized).JPG5J5A0856 (resized).JPG5J5A0856 (resized).JPG
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is anybody working on a Pf protector or plastics for this game?

I do not have any information on the protector -- I am trying to put together a set of plastics to send to CPR for reproduction. I believe I have everything except one (the right) inlane guide plastic. Hoping someone out there has one that they would be willing to let us borrow to the cause to create the complete set.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was not aware that Cheetah has reached the $6500.00 level.

Hope you are not quoting me thinking that is my game for sale!

I would not pay that much. . . trying to decide if I would sell for that much though. Probably. Or not.

#42 4 years ago

Some tuff news on the Cheetah playfield reproduction.

Just finished a phone conversation with Stuart and at this time he is a bit reluctant to take on the project. As it turns out he has just completed plastic sets for Dragonfist and Lectronamo and has sold just a few sets. At this time he has a Classic Stern phobia and does not want to start something new in the traditional way CPR does things.

He says there are ways to proceed, but that involves me committing to the production of 30 playfields -- a bit more than I am comfortable with (or more than I need!) He said something about collecting pre-orders, but with the reputation that has in the pinball world I'm nut sure it is such a good idea either.

Prior to our talk I had finished stripping down the good playfield. Several pics mid harness removal and with everything clear.

5J5A0003 (resized).JPG5J5A0003 (resized).JPG

5J5A0006 (resized).JPG5J5A0006 (resized).JPG

5J5A0017 (resized).JPG5J5A0017 (resized).JPG

Perhaps I can find someone willing to take on a playfield restoration or I can give it a go myself.

Another fun addition from the Cleveland Show -- a backup glass in case I do something dumb to the nice one. It is less than perfect/has some touched up areas. . . but I don't know when I'd see another one.

5J5A9992 (resized).JPG5J5A9992 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from kickabit:

So is CPR putting the effort to do Cheetah plastics and playfields on hold? Or is this altogether dead? Is Stu going to scan your playfield to maybe do this sometime in the future? I realize that classic sterns aren’t the most abundant games but hasn’t CPR done most of the popular stuff? Even if we could just get plastics I’d be happy.

When I last talked to Stu (three weeks back or so) he said he was hesitant to take on any more Classic Stern Stuff after creating plastics for Dragonfist and Lectronamo -- he said CPR had only sold a couple sets of one and none of the other. His effort and time in creating the art/files were not near being justified for the amount of sets sold. Personally those two titles would not have been my first choices to duplicate with only 300 or so Dragonfists made and Lectronamo usually selling as a sub $1K game (with about 50 in collections and 20 on wishlists here on Pinside). . . but what do I know. One could argue that Cheetah is a bit of an outlier as well but I would think more demand would be there (of course I'm biased! )

He said I had options of fronting the money to get the plastics/playfield art going but personally I don't have that kind of cash to throw at this sort of project at this time in my life. I don't plan on making a list/collecting deposits either as that does not have a good history here on Pinside. I may have one or two other avenues to look into with some local graphics/artwork people. . . I need to take the time to look into things a bit more. I did touch base with Outside Edge about a possible hardtop, but they said they have no intention of getting into Stern stuff as there is too much Williams/Bally material to cover first.

I'd be happy with a set of plastics as well. . . even just to have as spares!

1 week later
#48 4 years ago

---*** CPR Plastics Update ***---

I received a message from CPR Stu today on the Cheetah plastics. Interest has rekindled on producing these and I will be sending him my set this week for scanning/reproductions.

One of my inlane guides (the right side) is chipped at the flipper end. Luckily the left side appears to be intact and is a mirror image of the right.

Fingers crossed these get made. . . I will be in for two sets if it happens!

5J5A2285 (resized).JPG5J5A2285 (resized).JPG5J5A2286 (resized).JPG5J5A2286 (resized).JPG5J5A2287 (resized).JPG5J5A2287 (resized).JPG
#54 4 years ago

Cheetah Plastics are boxed up and on their way to Stu.

Quoted from cottonm4:

What about back glasses, Tractor Doc? And talk about those?

No serious talk on back glasses. If the plastic sets sell with some degree of success I bet they would give the glass (and maybe the playfield) a closer look. I'm half scared to ship my nice backglass anyway -- with my luck it will arrive in a 1000 pieces.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I’m tempted to buy a plastics set & I don’t even own the game yet.

All this time I thought buying parts for games I don't yet have was just a normal part of the hobby. . . does this mean I've been wrong?

From a serious standpoint, if/when the plastics become available I have a feeling the more CPR sells the more interest they could have in taking on the backglass and playfields. No evidence to support that, just a theory.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is why I stay poor. Stocking up when I can instead of waiting until they are not available again.

You may be poor financially, but at least you are rich in stuff!

3 weeks later
#63 4 years ago

Cheetah Plastics Update.

I was excited to see a box from CPR arrive via UPS today. After I checked to make sure I had not ordered anything (You never know. . . ) I knew they must be my Cheetah plastics. I opened the box to find my originals and nothing more. I e-mailed Stu and he confirmed they will be producing them but had no timeline just yet. Will have to keep an eye on the CPR website -- but at least we know they will be made!

2 months later
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Any updates of cheetah plastics ?
Touched up my playfield and cleared it.

Fantastic Work!
I hope I can get mine half as nice someday.

Nothing on CPR as far as plastics yet, when I had last talked to Stu he said they were focusing on playfields. So hard to be patient. . . especially when you've made such great progress.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Cheetah plastics up on cpr now! Sorry if this is old news I just found out and just about fell over.

Must be a recent addition -- I had checked this weekend and they were not available yet.

Had hoped they would provide extras of the lane guides / slingshot plastics as they do in other sets with the more vulnerable pieces. May just have to make some protectors for those areas.

Now if we could get them to take my playfield for scanning/reproduction. . .

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Does anybody have a Cheetah back glass they could send to BG Resto?

Short answer -- Yes.

5J5A9992 (resized).JPG5J5A9992 (resized).JPG

I just have to build up confidence in the shipping company to send my very nice and near perfect original without damaging it. The framed option is less than perfect (look below the Player 1 score window); not sure if its enough to work with for Stu but I'd be much more comfortable sending it.

#101 4 years ago

Pic of the playfield I'd send to CPR at the same time.

5J5A0017 (resized).JPG5J5A0017 (resized).JPG
#106 4 years ago

Well,
I had talked to Stu at CPR yesterday and he did agree to take in my playfield and work on the art in his "non-CPR" time. He said there was no guarantee the playfields would ever get made or if they did what kind of time frame it would be. . . but it was something.

Today he messaged me to say someone is sending him a NOS playfield to work with so I don't yet have to send mine. Either way it is good news because he is taking the time to work on the art. . . and there is someone else besides me asking him to work on Cheetah stuff so perhaps some demand is there.

Fingers Crossed!

#110 4 years ago

So I heard back from Stu -- the owner of the NOS Playfield backed out on sending it to him.

Before he can change his mind I boxed mine up and it should ship out to Arizona tomorrow. The vet clinic cats can sense the feline vibes.

5J5A3060 (resized).JPG5J5A3060 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#125 3 years ago

A playfield update for all the Cheetah owners.

I talked to Stu a couple days ago and he has completed the artwork portion of the recreation process. The next step will be getting another playfield submitted for the CAD/Design process. I have another extra playfield that I plan to send in for that, but will have to wait for the OK from them as they are working on implementing a new system/way of doing things on their website and with the playfields in general. That is for them, not me, to explain at some point in the future. . . perhaps I have said too much.

Anyway, one step closer to a repro Cheetah playfield but still potentially a long way off.

I do think it will eventually happen!

2 months later
#157 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

I have never got another request for cheetah ever.

I predict you will have a request for another set sometime in the future. . . just have to get thru one or two other projects first.

2 weeks later
#165 3 years ago

Cheetah Playfield Update.

CPR should get the glory for the progress on this topic. . . but because I've been talking with Stu and I know he is not on Pinside I'll pass on what he told me.

I officially boxed up and shipped my "donor" Cheetah playfield to Mike so that he can make a CAD file and keep the playfield in CPR's archive.

Stu told me they have ordered the wood for a reproduction run. He also mentioned that due to the nonstandard size/widebody status of Cheetah this will likely be a "one and done" reproduction run. If you think you are on the fence the time to order one would be when they are available.

Stu said they have sold seven sets of Cheetah plastics. . . quite a bit off from breaking even but I bet more than they sold of Dragonfist. (Don't quote me on that!).

I have a few more Cheetah surprises, but those will have to wait for future posts. I bet you are on the edge of your seat!

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Very cool news Tractor - Thanks for the update.

It is odd to me about the PF size, I would expect it to be the same size as Big Game, F2k, and any other classic stern widebody shapes? So I would expect them to make Big Games and F2k, being more common at some point?

It is an update I'm happy (and excited) to give.

I have not measured, buy I too would think a Classic Stern Widebody would be universal -- CPR has even done a run of F2Ks in the past (right?). Stu was telling me about maple hardwood veneers, how playfields are cut from a single piece of (ply)wood, how large Paragon/Space Invaders were. . . all sorts of information. I am thinking the "one and done" run would be due to the lesser number of Cheetahs out there (less demand?) -- even with the one at a time digital printing they have to have a precut (inserts) playfield ready to go -- this may be the limiting factor. No point in cutting over 100 playfields if they project to sell far fewer.

Cotton covered some of my statements with his post above -- he posted while I was typing this one.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would like to have a new repro Big Game play field. CPR would need a donor play field, though. And I don't know if they are they even considering making a Big Game?

I would be interested in one of these as well -- thinking as an optimistic future Big Game owner.

CPR would need a playfield good enough to copy the art from (Stu does this in Arizona), then a second playfield (can be poor art quality) gets sent to Mike in Nova Scotia to use and keep as a template for inserts/post placement. I think playfields from actual games are better suited for this to avoid issues encountered in the past due to using NOS (potential reject) playfields.

CPR has typically given the donors store credit for these actions -- but I cannot guarantee that not being a part of their organization.

We just need to find that person/those people who really really want to make it happen. . .

3 weeks later
#203 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve offered a perfect donor Big Game playfield on multiple occasions and they’ve turned me down. Hopefully this good news on Cheetah will change their mind on Big Game in the future.

I would be interested in a Big Game playfield. . . and I don't even own the game. I did have a blast playing yours chuckwurt at last years Cle-Pin show.

When I last talked to Stu he did mention that CPR needed to branch out and start remaking new titles now that most of the "common" stuff has been done. I have no pull or influence with CPR but will touch base with him and see what sort of details he can provide on the future of a Big Game remake. Part of it may be Stu's desire to reproduce the artwork -- some of that may rely on his personal preference. I know he mentioned he has been looking for a Nine Ball playfield (I've seriously considered pulling mine from my game to send in) and even had interest in doing a Lighting of all games. Even as an owner of a Lightning I would prefer Big Game be made first.

I checked my tracking number and it seems the donor Cheetah playfield arrived to Mike in Canada earlier this month. I have not heard back from him or Stu so hopefully it is something he can work with.

3 weeks later
#209 3 years ago

For the fellow Cheetah Fans out there.

I sent the original playfield that CPR used as an artwork template off to Captain Neo for touchups and clearcoat. Here are a few pictures of the result.

5J5A4838 (resized).JPG5J5A4838 (resized).JPG

5J5A4830 (resized).JPG5J5A4830 (resized).JPG5J5A4831 (resized).JPG5J5A4831 (resized).JPG5J5A4832 (resized).JPG5J5A4832 (resized).JPG

Neo did great work considering what he had to work with -- I'll be pleased to put this in a game someday.

One of these felines is not like the other. . .

5J5A4842 (resized).JPG5J5A4842 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#253 3 years ago

Another playfield update -- I talked to Stu earlier this week to confirm the colors of several playfield inserts. Mike is making progress with the CAD design but will be in training for his real job for the next month or so -- I think CPR is hoping to have something available early next year.

3 weeks later
#264 3 years ago

I've always admired how some Classic Sterns have spinner designs specific to the game -- like Galaxy, Seawitch, Big Game, etc.

I don't mind that Cheetah has the default Stern Spinner design, but I thought I'd try to come up some alternative spinner designs -- Cheetah specific.

My decal people surprised me today by dropping off some samples of designs I had submitted months ago BV (before virus )

I'm looking forward to seeing how things look in the game. . .

KIMG0786 (resized).JPGKIMG0786 (resized).JPG

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

CAD just wrapping up on the Cheetah PF, should be cutting in a week or so.

#280 3 years ago

I don't know if this will help the guys looking for flipper wiring, but I have these pics of the playfield underside in my computer "Cheetah" file.

5J5A0170 (resized).JPG5J5A0170 (resized).JPG5J5A0172 (resized).JPG5J5A0172 (resized).JPG
#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I’ve owned my Cheetah for few weeks now & enjoying it a lot ,except for the top left flipper , can someone please tell me the correct position for it for alignment with the Playfield Dot

Also from my computer file. . . I do not know if it is correct but it seems my upper flipper is centered to the dot. It provides a smooth path for the ball to roll down the guide to the flipper.

5J5A0154 (resized).JPG5J5A0154 (resized).JPG5J5A0155 (resized).JPG5J5A0155 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#295 3 years ago

Some underside Cheetah flipper and kicker pictures for emsrph

-- Disclaimer -- this is how I bought the game and it currently flips, so I apologize in advance if something is not correct. I also see the cracked coil lug plastic on the lower left flipper; this game is on my future project list so I will most certainly address it then.

Kicker coil in relation to the drop target assembly. Dare I say the mounting bracket has a bit of a bend to it to pull the coil away from the switches.

5J5A6069 (resized).JPG5J5A6069 (resized).JPG

Upper Right Left Flipper:

5J5A6071 (resized).JPG5J5A6071 (resized).JPG

Lower Left Flipper:

5J5A6067 (resized).JPG5J5A6067 (resized).JPG

Lower Right Flipper:

5J5A6066 (resized).JPG5J5A6066 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#305 3 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

I only need 6 measurements to have the display locations.

I'll try getting some measurements for you this weekend -- every time I try to get my hands on some pinball activity some other project pops up. I'll write myself a note and make it a priority!

#307 3 years ago

So I took some measurements. Somehow I missed the top to bottom measurement of the middle opening on the left. I can try again I suppose.

Cheetah Panel (resized).jpgCheetah Panel (resized).jpg

Also, I measured my display openings at 6 3/8" wide by 2 7/8" tall. Our widths look similar, but my height differs from yours -- perhaps I miswrote when taking notes (very possible). I will try to double check my work in the next day or so.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: The distance from the top of the panel to the top of the middle left display opening is Nine Inches.

Also, I confirmed my display openings are closer to three inches tall.

3 months later
#313 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

nybody looking for an original Cheetah manual?

Interested. PM sent!

#314 3 years ago

A guy on the inside has told me the Cheetah playfields are in clear coat now. . . should be about a month or so till they are ready!

3 weeks later
#322 3 years ago

I placed my order.

I sort of like that they used blue inserts for the bonus column as the early prototypes did. It does have a nice look to it. . . but it will also make identifying original playfields with the green inserts easier.

Cheetah Playfield (resized).pngCheetah Playfield (resized).png

#330 3 years ago

I just sent a Thank You e-mail to Stu at CPR.

He replied and mentioned that they only had seven or so printed for this first offering. He thinks they had about 15 playfields cut and should have more printed/available in the future (but did not give a time frame).

There is still hope for those that want one!

#334 3 years ago

I imagine all playfields will be the same with the blue inserts.

Both playfields that I submitted to them had green inserts, but as their website says they liked the look of the blue better. If there was a ton of demand I suppose they could offer a "green" and a "blue" version down the road, but realistically we are probably lucky just to get a playfield made.

1 week later
#340 3 years ago

Its Real. . . and Its Spectacular!

5J5A7291 (resized).JPG5J5A7291 (resized).JPG

I agree with Chisel -- this playfield is beautiful out of the box. CPR did a great job as far as my first impressions go.

Thanks Again Kevin, Mike, and Stu!

#349 2 years ago

The original playfields do have a thicker white when it comes to the stars/letters on some of those inserts. I wonder if CPR did not have a larger font and somehow double stamped those areas to try and achieve the same effect?

5J5A0124 (resized).JPG5J5A0124 (resized).JPG

My repro has some "thickening" or double stamping in those areas as well. I also noticed they went with a blue insert vs. yellow (on "Increase X Value"), but whatever. Blue looks nice too. To be honest I had to get my reading glasses out to get a better look at the insert -- I doubt I'll pay much attention to that when playing a game.

The dirt smudge on yours HoakyPoaky does bother me a bit -- its one of those things that is difficult to un-see once you've seen it. I hope that it might just be in the clear and could be sanded out/re-cleared in that area. Frustrating that you should even have to think of such a task when buying a new playfield.

3 weeks later
#363 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So CPR says 45 days after receiving you are good to go? I wonder how long they cured before they were shipped. Does anyone know?

Quoted from TractorDoc:

A guy on the inside has told me the Cheetah playfields are in clear coat now. . . should be about a month or so till they are ready!

That was about 60 days ago, so you can do the math.

3 weeks later
#405 2 years ago

The "partial shelf" should be there. It is there on the original and sort of acts as a guide for the ball alley as it emerges from under the playfield.

Not the best pictures, but look close and you can see it is set up this way on the originals.

5J5A0006 (resized).JPG5J5A0006 (resized).JPG5J5A0017 (resized).JPG5J5A0017 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#410 2 years ago

I believe all three are originally white with the red "S" and blue stars.

5J5A0174 (resized).JPG5J5A0174 (resized).JPG

5J5A9221 (resized).JPG5J5A9221 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#418 2 years ago

Here is a picture of the original playfield that was sent to CPR for the reproduction.

5J5A0856 (resized).JPG5J5A0856 (resized).JPG

Not the best focus, but there is obviously more orange/less red in the skirt/dress/brassiere on the Cheetah Lady. It was probably a choice to go with red vs. blaming it on fading as the "Bonus" area is clearly red with no fade.

Perhaps it is due to the digital printing process that we see thicker lines and less subtle colors.

Either way I cannot complain as the repro is definitely better than one I can make/paint myself. It may get hung on the wall though as I was able to have that original playfield restored by Neo. It is destined for Cheetah's overhaul when the time comes.

5J5A4842 (resized).JPG5J5A4842 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#438 2 years ago

I think the shorter spacers go in between the lower/clear plastic and upper/artwork plastic on both the upper arch and ball guide above the upper left flipper.

All the tall spacers should be between a plastic and the playfield -- in theory the plastics would always be at the same height relative to the ball if that were the case.

I hope that makes sense!

1 month later
#458 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Several posts have discussed protecting the inlane plastics from breaking. Here’s a good option:

Pinsider djblouw designed a metal protector set that fits perfectly underneath the inlane plastics.

I put them on during my playfield swap. They can be installed using the metal bell spacers for an original look.

I had a couple sets of protectors made in various colors to try out when I get around to my Cheetah project.

KIMG1371 (resized).JPGKIMG1371 (resized).JPG
#459 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

The prototype sounds are amazing.

I prefer the prototype sounds on my game as well. I had a set of roms burned with them but they can also be utilized with the Weebly MPU.

3 weeks later
#467 2 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

here did you get those if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to have a clear set......

I had a friend scan the plastics for me and then a friend of his cut the plastics from the scan.

I doubt the friend of the friend wants to make a business of it, but I can at least attach a picture of the plastic set if you can do something with it.

You'll notice it looks a lot like the CPR layout. You will also have to adjust it for scale.

CheetahPlasticsProof.pdfCheetahPlasticsProof.pdf

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

That is just a Copy of the cpr Image colored in red.

Exactly, but I had to scan several of the plastics to get the correct size/scale.

#471 2 years ago

Yes, the image you see is the CPR layout. No question about it.

You can use that image and have an outline of the plastics in the appropriate art, in red, or whatever.

I had to scan my plastics so as to know their actual size. By just using the CPR image you have no idea how large/small to make them. My scans were then used with the CPR image to then create an entire set of protectors. Some of my plastics were chipped/broken so the CPR image shows everything as it should be.

If you'd like to see a scan of some actual plastics I'll attach one for you.

Plastics Scan.pdfPlastics Scan.pdf

I'm not trying to take credit for CPR's layout if that is your concern.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Are you making your plastics the same size, or slightly bigger?

More often than not the protectors I am using are about the same size. This is especially true for the ball guides as I don't want to change the path the ball follows. There are some higher impact areas (that the ball would not otherwise touch) that get made about a millimeter larger when I make them myself.

When I made my set of protectors for Seawitch (cut by hand) I went with an acrylic plexiglass as that was the only material I could find in the color blue.

The plastics I had made for Cheetah may be of the same type of material.

5J5A7296 (resized).JPG5J5A7296 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TractorDoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-cheetah-club-its-fast?tu=TractorDoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.