Topic Stats

• 310 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by emsrph
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 157 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cheetah light board.pdf (PDF preview)
MPU Chart (resized).jpg
Cheetah Panel (resized).jpg
313A0319-F905-4091-AFCC-77C3BC7F329A (resized).jpeg
cheetah light board w arrows (resized).jpg
53B68F74-84DB-4670-908A-A362D333EA0A (resized).jpeg
5J5A6071 (resized).JPG
5J5A6069 (resized).JPG
5J5A6067 (resized).JPG
5J5A6066 (resized).JPG
05b4603707fdfe8d9a125599610251fa959319dc.jpeg (resized).jpg
B13083DF-261F-4662-9F0C-34462C5731E5 (resized).png
B5EDBE6E-F238-4D08-A974-116F1BB2CE45 (resized).jpeg
5J5A0154 (resized).JPG
5J5A0155 (resized).JPG
5J5A0170 (resized).JPG

There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 67 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Looks like the bottom plate's already drilled although probably not tapped to move the switches to the bottom to save space.

I’m betting those holes on the bottom of the drop are tapped. The ones in my Sterns are tapped.

One of the drops on my Dragonfist has the switches located to the bottom. They have never given me trouble.

When I get Nine Ball back together I am going to locate the switches on the bottom for easier servicing and adjustment.

It is good way to get the switches out of the way, too.

05b4603707fdfe8d9a125599610251fa959319dc.jpeg (resized).jpg
#302 66 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Thanks for confirming dicky
Try Peter’s site for the chart http://www.inkochnito.nl/

Yes I have tried Peters site but unfortunately he does not have the one I am looking for

Thanks anyway

1 week later
#303 55 days ago

Ready to make my light board and have drafted the panel layout using a photo. I need to snap the bulb locations to a grid to make them more accurate. The display rectangles though would benefit from actual hands on measurements.

If someone could take these measurements and perform a sanity check I’ll complete the drawing and make it available as a template for DIY (just like a Pinsider did with the Quicksilver one).

Probably A is the same as B, as well as C/G, D/J, H/I pairs are the same?

Thank you.

53B68F74-84DB-4670-908A-A362D333EA0A (resized).jpeg
#304 52 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Ready to make my light board and have drafted the panel layout using a photo. I need to snap the bulb locations to a grid to make them more accurate. The display rectangles though would benefit from actual hands on measurements.
If someone could take these measurements and perform a sanity check I’ll complete the drawing and make it available as a template for DIY (just like a Pinsider did with the Quicksilver one).
Probably A is the same as B, as well as C/G, D/J, H/I pairs are the same?
Thank you.
[quoted image]

In looking more at the light board picture I'm working from it seems I only need 6 measurements to have the display locations. Since the picture is slightly skewed I can't measure from it for the displays. Light sockets being off a little won't matter. Thank you.

The measurements should be from the edge of the board to the edge of rectangular hole.
cheetah light board w arrows (resized).jpg

#305 52 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

I only need 6 measurements to have the display locations.

I'll try getting some measurements for you this weekend -- every time I try to get my hands on some pinball activity some other project pops up. I'll write myself a note and make it a priority!

#306 52 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'll try getting some measurements for you this weekend -- every time I try to get my hands on some pinball activity some other project pops up. I'll write myself a note and make it a priority!

Thank you tractordoc. That would be great!

Here’s what I have so far with the game build:

313A0319-F905-4091-AFCC-77C3BC7F329A (resized).jpeg
#307 50 days ago

So I took some measurements. Somehow I missed the top to bottom measurement of the middle opening on the left. I can try again I suppose.

Cheetah Panel (resized).jpg

Also, I measured my display openings at 6 3/8" wide by 2 7/8" tall. Our widths look similar, but my height differs from yours -- perhaps I miswrote when taking notes (very possible). I will try to double check my work in the next day or so.

Added 48 days ago:

EDIT: The distance from the top of the panel to the top of the middle left display opening is Nine Inches.

Also, I confirmed my display openings are closer to three inches tall.

#308 50 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

So I took some measurements. Somehow I missed the top to bottom measurement of the middle opening on the left. I can try again I suppose.
[quoted image]
Also, I measured my display openings at 6 3/8" wide by 2 7/8" tall. Our widths look similar, but my height differs from yours -- perhaps I miswrote when taking notes (very possible). I will try to double check my work in the next day or so.

Appreciate the measurements tractordoc. Those will meanwhile get me started on the template layout.

Hmm, the height of the display rectangles on the Cheetah may be different than approx 3 7/32” of my F2K? There’s a lot of extra space at both top and bottom of the display.

Thanks again!

#309 50 days ago

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone as a good scan copy of the Chart pictured below to suit Cheetah

This one is from my Seawitch just for reference

MPU Chart (resized).jpg
#310 47 days ago

Here is the final Cheetah light board template.

Thanks go to Pinsiders out_of_order for pictures and tractordoc for measurements. Also, thanks to thrillhouse who i believe is the Quicksilver light board template creator. I was able to take his template and move the elements around to make the Cheetah version.

Cheetah light board.pdf

It can be printed using Adobe Reader at full scale on multiple pages and pieced together if you don't have access to a poster size printer. Use tile printing with crop marks and 0.25" overlap. There will be a dozen 8x11.5" pages.

I can forward the file to someone to Dropbox it if this version isn't the large template.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 7.00
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside