20240416_202306 (resized).jpg
20240416_202302 (resized).jpg
20240416_202147 (resized).jpg
20240416_202142 (resized).jpg
20240416_202138 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 3 years ago

couple more pics will be listing a few other classics also

9552537C-D3EF-48D5-8CED-7074E875EF3F (resized).jpeg9552537C-D3EF-48D5-8CED-7074E875EF3F (resized).jpeg395E7358-5063-4203-8955-E7785AB3CECB (resized).jpeg395E7358-5063-4203-8955-E7785AB3CECB (resized).jpegD15EE2D5-F2D7-4DF3-BEF2-8DB0624B65E5 (resized).jpegD15EE2D5-F2D7-4DF3-BEF2-8DB0624B65E5 (resized).jpeg5C09F387-5F0A-4011-9230-0D24ED2F89BF (resized).jpeg5C09F387-5F0A-4011-9230-0D24ED2F89BF (resized).jpeg
#152 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

that's good news

Not if it ends up like Meteor. I'd ask for a close look at the art detail before ordering.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

couple more pics will be listing a few other classics also
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is a NICE Cheetah PF!

#154 3 years ago

IMG_20200702_221003 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_221003 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_221009 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_221009 (resized).jpg
#155 3 years ago

This is the same machine that the stencil scan for pinball pimp came from. Before & After

58452092eec34bef9fafb2439a1b691491adbbd8 (resized).jpg58452092eec34bef9fafb2439a1b691491adbbd8 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#156 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Darn right! 1st customer paid for the setup, now he has the file to sell them. Plus he charged more for the 1st set than the 2nd. I don't get that mind set.

It took me over six hours to design the stencils. I have never got another request for cheetah ever. That’s a lot of time to spend to sell possibly one set of stencils. I would be losing money at that point

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

I have never got another request for cheetah ever.

I predict you will have a request for another set sometime in the future. . . just have to get thru one or two other projects first.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I predict you will have a request for another set sometime in the future. . . just have to get thru one or two other projects first.

+1 as well, mine is in an ok shape but i really would want to touch it up with a Bleu cab art. That reminds me i need to order my QS set...

#159 3 years ago

No kidding. If I ever mange to find a cheetah, I’ll definitely want to restore it

Just ordered my QS pinball-pimp stencils tonight

1 week later
#160 3 years ago

Is there any good set of instruction cards out there to print? Not finding much...

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Is there any good set of instruction cards out there to print? Not finding much...

Used Ken template for Nine Ball and updated it with Cheetah info based on original cards pictures, will do for now

Stern_Cheetah_instruction_cards v2.pdfStern_Cheetah_instruction_cards v2.pdf
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Used Ken template for Nine Ball and updated it with Cheetah info based on original cards pictures, will do for now

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, this looks GREAT!

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, this looks GREAT!

And if anyone wants the "formatted" version in a 6x4" picture you can easily print out (Costco $.12 each) just shout me a PM for the HQ version.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

And if anyone wants the "formatted" version in a 6x4" picture you can easily print out (Costco $.12 each) just shout me a PM for the HQ version.

They are not looking bad

20200721_212714 (resized).jpg20200721_212714 (resized).jpg
#165 3 years ago

Cheetah Playfield Update.

CPR should get the glory for the progress on this topic. . . but because I've been talking with Stu and I know he is not on Pinside I'll pass on what he told me.

I officially boxed up and shipped my "donor" Cheetah playfield to Mike so that he can make a CAD file and keep the playfield in CPR's archive.

Stu told me they have ordered the wood for a reproduction run. He also mentioned that due to the nonstandard size/widebody status of Cheetah this will likely be a "one and done" reproduction run. If you think you are on the fence the time to order one would be when they are available.

Stu said they have sold seven sets of Cheetah plastics. . . quite a bit off from breaking even but I bet more than they sold of Dragonfist. (Don't quote me on that!).

I have a few more Cheetah surprises, but those will have to wait for future posts. I bet you are on the edge of your seat!

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

CPR should get the glory for the progress on this topic. . . but because I've been talking with Stu and I know he is not on Pinside I'll pass on what he told me.
I officially boxed up and shipped my "donor" Cheetah playfield to Mike so that he can make a CAD file and keep the playfield in CPR's archive.
Stu told me they have ordered the wood for a reproduction run. He also mentioned that due to the nonstandard size/widebody status of Cheetah this will likely be a "one and done" reproduction run. If you think you are on the fence the time to order one would be when they are available.
Stu said they have sold seven sets of Cheetah plastics. . . quite a bit off from breaking even but I bet more than they sold of Dragonfist. (Don't quote me on that!).
I have a few more Cheetah surprises, but those will have to wait for future posts. I bet you are on the edge of your seat!

Very cool news Tractor - Thanks for the update.

It is odd to me about the PF size, I would expect it to be the same size as Big Game, F2k, and any other classic stern widebody shapes? So I would expect them to make Big Games and F2k, being more common at some point?

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

It is odd to me about the PF size, I would expect it to be the same size as Big Game, F2k, and any other classic stern widebody shapes? So I would expect them to make Big Games and F2k, being more common at some point?

F2K was made several years ago.

I would like to have a new repro Big Game play field. CPR would need a donor play field, though. And I don't know if they are they even considering making a Big Game?

All the large body classic Sterns are the same size: F2K, Big Game, Free Fall, Split Second, Iron Maiden, Cheetah, Viper. And Orbitor 1.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

It is an update I'm happy (and excited) to give.

I have not measured, buy I too would think a Classic Stern Widebody would be universal -- CPR has even done a run of F2Ks in the past (right?). Stu was telling me about maple hardwood veneers, how playfields are cut from a single piece of (ply)wood, how large Paragon/Space Invaders were. . . all sorts of information. I am thinking the "one and done" run would be due to the lesser number of Cheetahs out there (less demand?) -- even with the one at a time digital printing they have to have a precut (inserts) playfield ready to go -- this may be the limiting factor. No point in cutting over 100 playfields if they project to sell far fewer.

Cotton covered some of my statements with his post above -- he posted while I was typing this one.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would like to have a new repro Big Game play field. CPR would need a donor play field, though. And I don't know if they are they even considering making a Big Game?

I would be interested in one of these as well -- thinking as an optimistic future Big Game owner.

CPR would need a playfield good enough to copy the art from (Stu does this in Arizona), then a second playfield (can be poor art quality) gets sent to Mike in Nova Scotia to use and keep as a template for inserts/post placement. I think playfields from actual games are better suited for this to avoid issues encountered in the past due to using NOS (potential reject) playfields.

CPR has typically given the donors store credit for these actions -- but I cannot guarantee that not being a part of their organization.

We just need to find that person/those people who really really want to make it happen. . .

#170 3 years ago

I may be able to help with that. I’ll have to get in touch with CPR when I can get some good pics for them to review.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I would be interested in one of these as well -- thinking as an optimistic future Big Game owner.
CPR would need a playfield good enough to copy the art from (Stu does this in Arizona), then a second playfield (can be poor art quality) gets sent to Mike in Nova Scotia to use and keep as a template for inserts/post placement. I think playfields from actual games are better suited for this to avoid issues encountered in the past due to using NOS (potential reject) playfields.
CPR has typically given the donors store credit for these actions -- but I cannot guarantee that not being a part of their organization.
We just need to find that person/those people who really really want to make it happen. . .

Well, CPR did a play field for Bally Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom. Bally only made 365 Voltans. So anything is possible. But I think Stu had/has one of these in his collection and was "more" motivated to work on a low production number.

And CPR did give me a pleasant surprise when Catacomb was produced. I could not believe that happened.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/voltan-kit/#playfield

Actually, Voltan is sort of like these classic Sterns. Find an old Bally for a donor. Playboy maybe? Building a play field wire harness would be tough, but doable.

One of these sold for big bucks on pinside. Asking price was $5,000.00

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-voltan-escapes-cosmic-doom-2

#172 3 years ago

I just ordered a set of plastics to help the cause...

The only thing about a repo playfield...my cabinet is blue and the center light inserts are light pink and light blue mixed, top 100,000 is dark blue.

It seems from pics I have seen of the green cabs, the insert colors are green...is that correct?

Not sure a new playfield will be in my future...

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Great news. I ordered a set of the plastics already, and will purchase one of these when they are ready.

I'm in for a Big Game too.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Great news. I ordered a set of the plastics already, and will purchase one of these when they are ready.
I'm in for a Big Game too.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just ordered a set of plastics to help the cause...
The only thing about a repo playfield...my cabinet is blue and the center light inserts are light pink and light blue mixed, top 100,000 is dark blue.
It seems from pics I have seen of the green cabs, the insert colors are green...is that correct?
Not sure a new playfield will be in my future...

Caution: The Cheetah plastics are off on the color shading. They look nice but it is not a perfect match.

I just looked and BG Resto is now making Cheetah back glasses. ( Thanks to Tractor Doc, perhaps? ) This is all I have been waiting for. I have a play field with wiring. I have a spare transformer. I have a table saw. I have an extra coin door. I can build me a Cheetah. Lockdown bars will be a challenge, but it is a challenge that can be overcome.
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.34.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.34.02 PM (resized).png

stnc_cheetah2 (resized).jpgstnc_cheetah2 (resized).jpg

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Lockdown bars will be a challenge

I don't know much about working on machines but a friend who has a Cheetah was excited about this - would that be what you are looking for?
https://mantispinball.com/product/stern-receiver-old/

#176 3 years ago

If CPR is going on a Stern PF run, i would appreciate some 9B action

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I don't know much about working on machines but a friend who has a Cheetah was excited about this - would that be what you are looking for?
https://mantispinball.com/product/stern-receiver-old/

Thanks for the heads up. I do have an extra lockdown bar receiver. Finding the wide body lockdown bar is going to be the challenge, but it can be done.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Finding the wide body lockdown bar is going to be the challenge

or finding 2 normal size and cutting them like they used to?

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

or finding 2 normal size and cutting them like they used to?

Yes, but even the standard size is getting hard to find now.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

G'day,

I don't do a lot on Pinside but I saw your question so thought I'd take a few Pix of my Cheetah and post them through. Please excuse the scared glass !

Cheers 18

Cheetah Info 1 (resized).JPGCheetah Info 1 (resized).JPGCheetah Info 2 (resized).JPGCheetah Info 2 (resized).JPGCheetah info (resized).JPGCheetah info (resized).JPG
#181 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

G'day,
I don't do a lot on Pinside but I saw your question so thought I'd take a few Pix of my Cheetah and post them through. Please excuse the scared glass !
Cheers 18
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pretty cool, did you make these yourself?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

pretty cool, did you make these yourself?

No it's just how it was when I got it! If it helps I can ask my mate I bought it off where he got em from!?

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

No it's just how it was when I got it! If it helps I can ask my mate I bought it off where he got em from!?

i am definitely curious

#184 3 years ago

Happy to join the club. Now just have to get her purring again.

20200712_171802 (resized).jpg20200712_171802 (resized).jpg20200712_173129 (resized).jpg20200712_173129 (resized).jpg
#185 3 years ago
Quoted from ClassicTAB:

Happy to join the club. Now just have to get her purring again.

Wow.. very nice shape original playfield. Welcome!

#186 3 years ago

Guys & Gals, we need 6 more ratings to get this one on the top 100. If you have time this week...put up a rating on her!

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Guys & Gals, we need 6 more ratings to get this one on the top 100. If you have time this week...put up a rating on her!

5 left

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I would but I don’t own one yet

Been working hard to get one to sit next to Big Game

#189 3 years ago

Lets get this thing going....PLEASE RATE IT OWNERS. It deserves to be in the top 100

#191 3 years ago

Wow. Pinside has Cheetah listed in the price range of $6,000 to $7,000. Big Game is priced in at $740-860. Quicksilver is priced in at $5300-$6200.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wow. Pinside has Cheetah listed in the price range of $6,000 to $7,000. Big Game is priced in at $740-860. Quicksilver is priced in at $5300-$6200.

One just sold for $6500, green cab

#193 3 years ago

How much for a blue one? $7500...maybe more?

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

One just sold for $6500, green cab

I thought the cabs were either blue or black

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I thought the cabs were either blue or black

Blue with yellow and black or black with yellow and green (usually referred to as being green) .

Did you put up a rating?

#196 3 years ago

Only need 3 to make it somewhere on the list, I don't care where it finishes, it just deserves to be on there.

#198 3 years ago

i just submitted. need one....

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I tried getting big game up by making what it was sold for public, all the past ads are not sold or private I'm guessing that's why it hasn't changed

#200 3 years ago

1 more rating to go for the 25 minimum...let's get it for next weeks chart!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-cheetah-club-its-fast/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.