IMG_7311.jpeg
76AE2020-D9D9-421F-8D1D-FEE7F9F5AC56_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 4.36.50 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 4.24.38 PM (resized).png
161836491663758839 (1) (resized).jpeg
161836491663758839 (resized).png
IMG_1058 (resized).JPG
24FE154B-8466-4B5F-8EE7-D5C11102DA41 (resized).jpeg

There are 517 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 39 days ago

Who's gonna make a proper BG for Cheetah?

#502 39 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Who's gonna make a proper BG for Cheetah?

BG = back glass ? If so, then B G Resto.

#503 39 days ago

I meant to ask -- who's gonna make a proper alternate?

#504 39 days ago
Quoted from mof:

I meant to ask -- who's gonna make a proper alternate?

And what is a proper alternate?

2 weeks later
#505 24 days ago

Would an owner mind posting some photos of their wiring pinouts? I'm starting to get things going on my scratch build and the original playfield harness I got is decently hacked up. Of course SEI's schematics have their flaws too, so even just starting to re-pin the harness I've had a few headscratchers.

For example, the schematics say the "ball kicker" coil uses a red-white wire, but my connector seems to be pinned with a white-black. Scouring through photos, it looks like TractorDoc's may also have a white-black coil return wire?

76AE2020-D9D9-421F-8D1D-FEE7F9F5AC56_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 4.24.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 4.36.50 PM (resized).png

I think slochar has mentioned wanting to clean up these manuals. Does anyone have a list of errors for Cheetah?

And just an example of what needs to be cleaned up...
IMG_7311.jpeg

#506 23 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Would an owner mind posting some photos of their wiring pinouts? I'm starting to get things going on my scratch build and the original playfield harness I got is decently hacked up. Of course SEI's schematics have their flaws too, so even just starting to re-pin the harness I've had a few headscratchers.
For example, the schematics say the "ball kicker" coil uses a red-white wire, but my connector seems to be pinned with a white-black. Scouring through photos, it looks like TractorDoc's may also have a white-black coil return wire?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I think slochar has mentioned wanting to clean up these manuals. Does anyone have a list of errors for Cheetah?
[quoted image]

Stern substituted wire. On my Big Game 4 wires were subbed. Purple/black was replaced by brown/black, for example. I figure the production line ran out of pur/bulk and was not going to shut down the line. I’m guessing this is what you are dealing with.

It will be 2-3 days before I can get time, but I can pull my Cheetah harness out and take some pics of the connectors for you

If your blk/wht wire traces back to the correct pin on your connector, then the wire was substituted

In the end, your key is what color of wire is on the connector and that is what you go with.

I am assuming your blk/wht wire traces back to the connector pin at A3-J2-15. Is this correct?

#507 23 days ago

Currently I’m only making best judgments on where the connector > wires are going. I haven’t started laying out the pf yet.

0E6FAFCD-DE43-4291-9FED-47EE198A8D1D (resized).jpeg
#508 22 days ago

Can i get a playfield picture from this vantage point from someone’s completed game? I need it to do a minitorial on the games rules, and mine is not complete yet. Haha.

D85FEDEF-5F98-41E8-B214-2F8C7F21FCEB (resized).jpeg

#509 20 days ago

Just picked up a nice Cheetah! Not sure if I'll keep it or sell it, I want to play it for a while & make it play/sound/look as good as possible. Anything I should do? I have black cabinet. I see there are alternate sound roms that I might try, but is there any alternate or improved roms for the game code?

#510 20 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

As promised, here are some pics of my Cheetah play field harness.

It stretches out to 9 feet long.

IMG_1766 (resized).jpg

Here are the board connectors.

IMG_1768 (resized).jpg

IMG_1775 (resized).jpg

I have wiring for 3 connectors on the SDU. I am missing the connectors for two right hand side pins.

IMG_1772 (resized).jpg

I have wiring for the two top connectors for the MPU.

IMG_1771 (resized).jpg

And I have wiring for 3 connectors on the LDA.

The cabinet harness will take up one set of pins on the MPU. But I don't know where my other connectors are at. I bought a populated Cheetah play field off of Ebay. And this is all I can recall of pulling wire from the play field. I'll have to headache out the missing wire connectors when the time comes ( since I was so new when I bought this play field, I may have put part of the harness into my grab bag of wire).

I can get you pics of the connectors that I have. Tell me what you need to see pics of. I will oblige.

#511 20 days ago

Thanks cottonm4 -- I look forward to you getting that project off the ground too. We may be ships in the night on our current projects as after I do Cheetah, I'm going to do Nine Ball. I think I have the connectors figured out (at least theoretically until I get to laying it out on the playfield, which likely won't happen until December because of a long vacation to Australia coming up in about 10 days!

#512 14 days ago

Does anyone know if there are roms that provide both the prototype sounds, as well as the rules with 1 bonus shot per ball?

#513 14 days ago
Quoted from robx46:

Does anyone know if there are roms that provide both the prototype sounds, as well as the rules with 1 bonus shot per ball?

Yep rev 16
http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

#515 8 days ago

What do y'all think? Can the Cheetah gal be considered a Gypsy?

#516 8 days ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

What do y'all think? Can the Cheetah gal be considered a Gypsy?

I don't think so.

#517 7 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't think so.

Upon further inspection, Africa (where most of the Cheetahs are) is one of the largest concentrations of the Romani outside of Europe. African Gypsies aren't so uncommon to this day.

Screenshot_20221123-233728 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, SC
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Montreal, QC
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 7.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 517 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!