4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by XPABLO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EA0882F7-A3C6-45D1-8B03-8CBD30D3F0BC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200329_091742974 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200329_091800627 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3612 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Classic Stern/Bally Drop Target Centering Plate

Added: 2020-03-22 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (February 10th, 2021) • Ended: March 5th, 2021

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Looking for a 4, 5, or even 6 drop target centering plate as shown in the photo below. I have a 4-bank that is missing it, but could trim down a 5 or 6 if necessary. Hit me up!

Item photos

EA0882F7-A3C6-45D1-8B03-8CBD30D3F0BC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3612 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are seshpilot's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to seshpilot's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Birmingham, AL, US

#2 4 years ago

Hi Steven !!
    All right ?
    I think , it is possible to make a copy of this plate, using an original model.
    there are CNC laser cutter machine , that can do this.
    Here , i know about a people who can make this, after the quarantine ends , could be possible i think...

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from XPABLO:

Hi Steven !!
    All right ?
    I think , it is possible to make a copy of this plate, using an original model.
    there are CNC laser cutter machine , that can do this.
    Here , i know about a people who can make this, after the quarantine ends , could be possible i think...

Thanks my friend!

#4 3 years ago

Is this what you need

IMG_20200329_091742974 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_091742974 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_091800627 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_091800627 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Is this what you need[quoted image][quoted image]

That style (or generation) of target doesn't have one. Sadly only some of the Stern targets used a "centering plate" and some didn't. The guys buying these 4 bank targets for use in certain applications need that centering plate on their assemblies. I spent a couple weeks learning and working with Stern targets this Spring and it is totally crazy how many different variations of Classic Stern targets there actually are.

As far as the centering plates go there are two revisions on those also. One is a thin strap about 3/4 of an inch wide with a lip on it that has slots cut into that lip to guide targets. The other "revision" has the same lip with slots but the part that mounts on to the target is about 2" wide. You can use either but when using later style plastic targets you need to have a guide on your assembly.

It would be a very easy part to make for someone with a machine shop or metal shop. And with the demand so high for Classic Stern parts if someone had some made up they could likely sell a couple dozen of them over time. It wouldn't be a high demand item but I know of 3 or 4 people still looking for 4 bank targets right now and with that guide you can make any Classic Stern 4 bank target into the style target they need.

#6 3 years ago

Good to know. Back in the parts box it goes

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Good to know. Back in the parts box it goes

@Cheddar, thank kindly for being willing to share the love. Unfortunately, too-many-pins is correct and that is the older style that doesn't have the right part. Nonetheless, kudos for being generous!

11 months later
    #8 3 years ago

Added new pic. Any help?

#9 3 years ago

Hi !!! still i have a complete 3 and 4 drop targets banks , restored as new, if interested.
    Can ship to USA by fedex, delivery time is 1 week.
    Thanks !!

#10 3 years ago

That part is easy to build at home , using a "L" shaped aluminium alloy profile , saw, drill ,and file ...
    i can send you the drawing , with all sizes , if you tink capable of doing...
    let me know it

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-bally-drop-target-centering-plate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.