• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Galaxy Stern Electronics, 1980

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

The trim piece on the bottom front of my Galaxy BackBox I just got is missing. It is the piece which the backglass rests on. It is kind of an L shape and different from the one on my Bally. I want to replace it. What do you guys use when you have to replace this piece? Where do you get it?

#2 2 years ago

Last time I needed one for a backglass I bought from John Greatwich he was able to provide the name and contact number of someone that makes these. The first one I ordered got lost in the mail (never showed up) but he shipped again and the second shipment arrived just fine. PM John Greatwich and see if he can pass along the contact info to you.

#3 2 years ago

gatecrasher makes the metal lift channels. If you tell him the width you need, he can cut it to size.

pasted_image (resized).png

#4 2 years ago

Be sure to measure your backglass to know whether you need to order the 1/8" or 3/16" version of the lift channel!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks all but I need the wood part that the backglass rests on.

#6 2 years ago

Is a piece of the backbox missing?

Can you post a photo?

#7 2 years ago

Yes. The bottom front piece of the backbox is missing. I would call it moulding.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

The trim piece on the bottom front of my Galaxy BackBox I just got is missing. It is the piece which the backglass rests on. It is kind of an L shape and different from the one on my Bally. I want to replace it. What do you guys use when you have to replace this piece? Where do you get it?

I make it on my table saw or with a router on a router table.

#9 2 years ago

What are you using to begin with? The one on mine is a weird size. 11/16 by 1-1/8”. A 1x2” oak stick is 3/4”x1.5”
May seem like a Dumb question. I have a ryobi plunge router and will have to buy the table attachment for it. But I am not a wood worker by any stretch. Is it easy to shave it down to size?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside