(Topic ID: 225397)

Classic Playfield Reproductions Bad Quality??

By Pinterest

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Typical CPR Quality?”

• Yes 9 votes
    20%
  • No 18 votes
    41%
  • I buy from Mirco because the quality is better. 17 votes
    39%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56F178BD-4FDA-448D-93C6-7DA49FC0A5C8 (resized).png
salt-bae.gif
mpf16 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
B0E49E96-C635-4BDB-AACB-9E85910C6586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0999 (resized).JPG
IMG_1023 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1020 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1004 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1021 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1013 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1010 (resized).JPG
IMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_1007 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

Are you sure the OP is complaining about the edge on the inserts and not the fact that the inserts are so far off the paint that they're not even in the black edges? Look at that Ali-Baba one or the flying carpet where you can see the wood. Looks like a shitty classic Stern playfield from the 80s.

Everyone posting was supportive until Kevin assumed what the issue was (maybe they're right, but OP hasn't actually said, and possibly doesn't even know the terms) and then everyone just assumes Kevin guessed right and starts shitting on them? Really?

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

When they have both unreasonable expectations

expecting a response from support for a thousand dollar product is unreasonable?

Sure, CPR apparently had email issues. Which they as a professional company should not be having, and the OP should have no reason to expect. If their server is down for whatever reason, or the attachments are too large, that should bounce back to the customer with an error. If they actually managed to lose the email that was successfully delivered... what do you even say to that?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

All companies at some point, even “professional” ones, could have an intermittent email or server issue. That is what IT departments and help desks are for. I’m not saying it’s an excuse, but it does happen. To say that no professional company should have an email issue is just an asinine statement.

Yeah, and if it was once, I'd just chalk it up to bad luck, but emailing multiple times... And still, not something the customer should have to account for

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I hear you, I just don’t know that I would consider twice “multiple times”. And if it was twice during the period when they were having issues, you would expect the same result....no response

I guess I mean, unless the two were the same day: a one day outage is bad but multiple days of lost emails?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

When you fire one host and hire a new one you may lose weeks (2&1/2 in this case) worth. That's part of the reason they fired their old host- unmet expectations.
Kevin already said CPR is working through the backlog of email.
"emails off the new web site Contact page, from the last 2 - 2.5 weeks. Which only got popped for the first time this past tuesday. We're still going through those."

Yes, and the OP is perfectly within rights to be annoyed that a commercial company is 3 weeks behind on email. Bad server management isn't his problem.

Plus, I work in website hosting, etc. You can totally move a site without any downtime or lost info if done correctly. We do it all the time

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll hate to say this but almost all "MANUFACTURED" playfields will look like that. I remember saying the same thing about my LOTR the fist time I took a good look at the inserts. I was beginning to wonder if they even cleared it because you could see the slight grove around all inserts. If you want a sheet of glass send to Kruzman.

You're ignoring the registration issues that have been brought up repeatedly.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are probably not clueless, you just have not seen 100s of CPR playfields at 20x magnification.
Normally when "we" look at playfields, we see them from 24" away, through a sheet of glass, with flashing lights, at a 30* angle, and dim indirect lighting.
If you ask HEP, Kruzman, me or Neo - we would tell you those inserts are run of the mill.

So now you're ignoring the registration issues too?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-playfield-reproductions-bad-quality?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.