(Topic ID: 225397)

Classic Playfield Reproductions Bad Quality??

By Pinterest

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Typical CPR Quality?”

• Yes 9 votes
    20%
  • No 18 votes
    41%
  • I buy from Mirco because the quality is better. 17 votes
    39%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56F178BD-4FDA-448D-93C6-7DA49FC0A5C8 (resized).png
salt-bae.gif
mpf16 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
B0E49E96-C635-4BDB-AACB-9E85910C6586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0999 (resized).JPG
IMG_1023 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1020 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1004 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1021 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1013 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1010 (resized).JPG
IMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_1007 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

That certainly doesn’t look great, could be a combination of uneven application and inadequate sanding.

I’ve always known their quality to be pretty good, as well as their customer service. How long ago did you reach out to them and how many times?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are you sure the OP is complaining about the edge on the inserts and not the fact that the inserts are so far off the paint that they're not even in the black edges?

Some of those inserts definitely don’t look too great. But reading OP’s original post he mentioned the clearcoat, he didn’t mention anything about the insert alignment.

Quoted from zacaj:

expecting a response from support for a thousand dollar product is unreasonable?

I think that is quite reasonable.

Quoted from zacaj:

Sure, CPR apparently had email issues. Which they as a professional company should not be having, and the OP should have no reason to expect.

All companies at some point, even “professional” ones, could have an intermittent email or server issue. That is what IT departments and help desks are for. I’m not saying it’s an excuse, but it does happen. To say that no professional company should have an email issue is just an asinine statement.

Quoted from Pinterest:

I emailed them at least twice at least 4 weeks ago with no responses.

Twice 4 weeks ago? No other effort since?

Absent any unforeseen issue on the company’s end, you did deserve a response. However, maybe it’s just me, but if I didn’t get a response within a week after being that upset with something or a product I spent $1k for, I would probably pick up a phone and call, or look for some other way to get in touch with them.

Either way, it looks like CPR offered to assist and address your concerns, so I hope you can get it worked out.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, and if it was once, I'd just chalk it up to bad luck, but emailing multiple times... And still, not something the customer should have to account for

I hear you, I just don’t know that I would consider twice “multiple times”. And if it was twice during the period when they were having issues, you would expect the same result....no response.

Again, I’m not justifying it, I’m just saying too many people these days rely on texting and email, as opposed to just picking up a phone. If you actually talk to a person, they can’t come back later and say they never talked to you, or “didn’t get the email”.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I'll stop posting here and reach out again to try to work with you priviately via your website and hopefully you will respond so we can get this resolved.

Well OP didn’t stop either. “I’ll stop posting here and reach out privately”...after I post another graphic novel post and cause a Pinside shitshow dragging your company through the dirt. How long did you wait before posting again? Two minutes?

What I’ve learned:

CPR should be responding better to emails and their customers.

OP should pick up a phone himself if he sits around airports nonstop for work. If you fly a lot, you are sitting around airports a lot. Plenty of free time to make a call. They even have charging jacks every 2 feet in case your phone is low on juice.

I feel like I’m reliving the Nifty friggin LED thread all over again. #wewillneverforget

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
$ 36.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.50
$ 119.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-playfield-reproductions-bad-quality?tu=Colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.