(Topic ID: 225397)

Classic Playfield Reproductions Bad Quality??

By Pinterest

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Typical CPR Quality?”

• Yes 9 votes
    20%
  • No 18 votes
    41%
  • I buy from Mirco because the quality is better. 17 votes
    39%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56F178BD-4FDA-448D-93C6-7DA49FC0A5C8 (resized).png
salt-bae.gif
mpf16 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
B0E49E96-C635-4BDB-AACB-9E85910C6586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0999 (resized).JPG
IMG_1023 - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1020 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1004 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1021 - Copy - Copy (resized).JPG
IMG_1013 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1010 (resized).JPG
IMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_1007 (resized).JPG
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Did you look for their phone number on their website?

Won't do much good if they don't answer the phone either, been there done that

#52 5 years ago

Show me where their phone number is????

https://classicplayfields.com/contact-us/

Nowhere to be found on their new website.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I'll stop posting here and reach out again to try to work with you priviately via your website and hopefully you will respond so we can get this resolved.

Well OP didn’t stop either. “I’ll stop posting here and reach out privately”...after I post another graphic novel post and cause a Pinside shitshow dragging your company through the dirt. How long did you wait before posting again? Two minutes?

What I’ve learned:

CPR should be responding better to emails and their customers.

OP should pick up a phone himself if he sits around airports nonstop for work. If you fly a lot, you are sitting around airports a lot. Plenty of free time to make a call. They even have charging jacks every 2 feet in case your phone is low on juice.

I feel like I’m reliving the Nifty friggin LED thread all over again. #wewillneverforget

#54 5 years ago

I'll hate to say this but almost all "MANUFACTURED" playfields will look like that. I remember saying the same thing about my LOTR the fist time I took a good look at the inserts. I was beginning to wonder if they even cleared it because you could see the slight grove around all inserts. If you want a sheet of glass send to Kruzman.

#55 5 years ago

Phone number is on EVERY cpr label I have from shipping. Not posting numbers on the net filters a lot of spam. I took a picture of one of my boxes. The number is under my pinky finger. Just look at your label where my pinky finger is. CPR are good people and work hard! Enjoy!

B0E49E96-C635-4BDB-AACB-9E85910C6586 (resized).jpegB0E49E96-C635-4BDB-AACB-9E85910C6586 (resized).jpeg

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well OP didn’t stop either. “I’ll stop posting here and reach out privately”...after I post another graphic novel post and cause a Pinside shitshow dragging your company through the dirt. How long did you wait before posting again? Two minutes?
What I’ve learned:
CPR should be responding better to emails and their customers.
OP should pick up a phone himself if he sits around airports nonstop for work. If you fly a lot, you are sitting around airports a lot. Plenty of free time to make a call. They even have charging jacks every 2 feet in case your phone is low on juice.
I feel like I’m reliving the Nifty friggin LED thread all over again. #wewillneverforget

Geeze Colsond3, lighten up!

Hope your not serious - there are no phone numbers listed on their old or the new websites. It's getting pretty old that people keep blaming me for not calling CPR when the phone number is not published. It's not like I realized their number was printed on the TO field of the address label or I would have used it already. This has been ongoing since July. How long am I supposed to wait????

You don't seem to realize that I didn't receive responses when I tried to contact them using the same method they provide on the website where I purchased the playfield - it's their business model - not mine. My emails included my telephone number so it wasn't for lack of trying on my part. Sheesh!!

Now that I have a telephone number I will definitely call them and will hopefully connect with someone.

I also PM'd my contact information to Kevin - so he definitely has it and can look the order up.

For future reference the CPR telephone number is ###-###-#### for anyone else who may need it. (Edited in case this is a personal number)

If you admit your not good at answering emails - then provide your contact telephone number on the website!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll hate to say this but almost all "MANUFACTURED" playfields will look like that. I remember saying the same thing about my LOTR the fist time I took a good look at the inserts. I was beginning to wonder if they even cleared it because you could see the slight grove around all inserts. If you want a sheet of glass send to Kruzman.

You're ignoring the registration issues that have been brought up repeatedly.

#58 5 years ago

Wow! I posted where to find it (every product sold) but hid it in the picture to keep them from getting spammed to hell. You respond by posting a clickable link so that every google ad salesman and others can easily bomb it. I really hope you consider editing your post or post your number next to it so you can share the pain. I would fire you as a customer at this point if I were Kevin!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Wow! I poster where to find it (every product sold) but hid it in the picture to keep them from getting spammed to hell. You respond by posting a clickable link so that every google ad salesman and others can easily bomb it. I really hope you consider editing your post or post your number next to it so you can share the pain. I would fire you as a customer at this point if I were Kevin!

You posted a picture of the label showing their telephone number before I did. It's clearly visible - look at YOUR post - maybe you should be fired too?

#60 5 years ago

I guess I’m just clueless.... those inserts look bad to my untrained eye and the whole lost email fiasco is hard to believe. And whats being a first time customer have anything to do with this?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

For future reference the CPR telephone number is

Please remove that number.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Phone number is on EVERY cpr label I have from shipping

Be sure to carry that shipping box and label with you next time you are at an airport with nothing better to do.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Already done.

CougTV may want to remove the image of his label also as it shows their telephone number also.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why remove it if it's not on their website, I say leave it.

#65 5 years ago

Who starts a new website site and "forgets" to put their phone number on it????

#66 5 years ago

Can a moderator please remove my first pic or someone tell me how to do it. I apologize as I did not realize it was on there twice. I can’t figure out how to remove a pic

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I guess I’m just clueless.... those inserts look bad to my untrained eye

You are probably not clueless, you just have not seen 100s of CPR playfields at 20x magnification.

Normally when "we" look at playfields, we see them from 24" away, through a sheet of glass, with flashing lights, at a 30* angle, and dim indirect lighting.

If you ask HEP, Kruzman, me or Neo - we would tell you those inserts are run of the mill.

#68 5 years ago

Here is what Kevin should have done.

Step 1 Call customer

Step 2 Tell customer the following: This is Keven with CPR, I understand you are not happy with the product you purchased from us. What can I do to make it right with you.

Step 3 Work something out with him. If something can not be worked out tell customer to kindly return product and I will refund your money.

Step 4 Don't spend customers money till you know he is satisfied.

Problem solved...

What not to do... Go on Pinside and blame the customer

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Can a moderator please remove my first pic or someone tell me how to do it. I apologize as I did not realize it was on there twice. I can’t figure out how to remove a pic

Hit the "edit" pen below your post.

Hit the "X" icon that will appear above your photo when you hover your cursor over it.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Already done.
CougTV may want to remove the image of his label also as it shows their telephone number also.

Trying to.

Quoted from timab2000:

My business number is on my site and it adds a ton of calls that are robot spam that stops someone from working 20ish times every day
I really need to get one of those systems that requires you to press a button!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Trying to.

My business number is on my site and it adds a ton of calls that are robot spam that stops someone from working 20ish times every day
I really need to get one of those systems that requires you to press a button!

I have my phone number on my website, when the phone rings I answer it. If it is a robot I hang up and block the number. What's so hard about that?

And yet here are more happy customers...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-cpr-preorder-lists-/page/2#post-4589338

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I have my phone number on my website, when the phone rings I answer it. If it is a robot I hang up and block the number. What's so hard about that?

When soldering small things and tracing signals and voltages (meticulous things). It takes me a couple of min to pick back up where I left off just to pick up and hear "this is Ann do not hang up your google listing may be outdated" 20 times a day is disruptive and takes me a few min to refocus on where I was. I am glad you don't do anything that hard that you can just stop what you're doing to answer the phone that much for nothing. Well more like 8 googles, 8 credit card processors and 5-10 others every day.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

When soldering small things and tracing signals and voltages (meticulous things). It takes me a couple of min to pick back up where I left off just to pick up and hear "this is Ann do not hang up your google listing may be outdated" 20 times a day is disruptive and takes me a few min to refocus on where I was. I am glad you don't do anything that hard that you can just stop what you're doing to answer the phone that much for nothing. Well more like 8 googles, 8 credit card processors and 5-10 others every day.

There's alway voicemail, too

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Why remove it if it's not on their website, I say leave it.

To be fair Kevin posted earlier today saying "We're still guys in basements and garages here. Most with fulltime jobs."

I didn't realize that before he said it today.

It's possible the number they use may be someone's personal telephone number and not a dedicated business number. Posting wasn't intended to be malicious - I just didn't think it through.

For the record - I don't hate CPR - they offer a great service to the pinball community and have been doing so even during a time when no one else did.

I just want to get this resolved.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Here is what Kevin should have done.
Step 1 Call customer
Step 2 Tell customer the following: This is Keven with CPR, I understand you are not have with the product you purchased from us. What can I do to make it right with you.
Step 3 Work something out with him. If something can not be worked out tell customer to kindly return product and I will refund your money.
Step 4 Don't spend customers money till you know he is satisfied.
Problem solved...

Kev should just sell the playfield to me.

I'll clear it and sell it back to the customer for $1700 with a clearcoat so flat, and so shiny that you could shave in it.

#76 5 years ago

@ the OP
now you have CPR contact details, may i suggest you take this discusion private?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are probably not clueless, you just have not seen 100s of CPR playfields at 20x magnification.
Normally when "we" look at playfields, we see them from 24" away, through a sheet of glass, with flashing lights, at a 30* angle, and dim indirect lighting.
If you ask HEP, Kruzman, me or Neo - we would tell you those inserts are run of the mill.

So now you're ignoring the registration issues too?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

We don't sit here, look at an email like that, and hide.

I can vouch for that... when I got my Space Shuttle backglass I was extremely PISSED and not-at-all nice about it. They replaced it anyways, and had no issue with communication.

Quoted from Pinterest:

I also took a few closeup pictures of a playfield that I clearcoated myself in my driveway. Admittedly, I am not "a 20 year veteran who did high end cars for over 15 years in a perfect wetwalled downdraft booth facility" - this was my first attempt to clearcoat a playfield in my driveway spraying with a harbor freight purple gun.

T2 -- first attempt at clearing a playfield is BELOW:

Dude, you can see the edges in ALL of the pictures, even the crappy ones where it's fuzzy. SMH.

*edit* Deleted part of this as I saw a later post where you admitted you didn't realize they were a small group.

#79 5 years ago

very educational post....what I learned....customer service is always critical to success, and the OP basically got none .

#80 5 years ago

And I learned that people can't read or use common sense.

Oh no...wait..I already knew that. Especially because of (things I can't post here)

#81 5 years ago

I find it pretty disengenuous that CPR is making the wild assumption that emails just mysteriously have been lost. There are numerous posts recently and going back years showing a pattern of poor communication from CPR. There was a post a couple days ago about pre-order emails not being acknowledged, and pre-order people getting skipped at delivery time. It usually takes a post like this to get their attention. OP did what he had to do by making this topic, and I don't really blame him. These are not $30 knit hats on etsy. These are $1000 playfields...you owe it to your customers to do a better job at communicating, CPR.

#82 5 years ago

If I was this customer I'd be irritated as well. I don't care if they have full time jobs or not. They are doing this to provide a valuable service and make $ on the side. They had ample opportunity to respond to his emails, and chose not to. I find it funny that once he posted on pinside he miraculously had the time to post several responses....

#83 5 years ago

OH NOES A DOWNVOTE WHATEVER SHALL I DO

#84 5 years ago

In all fairness I have order one backglass and 2 plastic sets and have been happy. Thanks for that.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kev should just sell the playfield to me.
I'll clear it and sell it back to the customer for $1700 with a clearcoat so flat, and so shiny that you could shave in it.

Won't matter, he'll complain the clear dimples the first time he played it and the inserts ghosted thirteen years from when he bought it and forget to mention it was stored in the unheated garage for twelve of them while his partner remodeled.

There is no pleasing some customers. Fire it and sell the playfield to a good one.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So now you're ignoring the registration issues too?

Nearly every playfield needs some registration corrections before clearing.

What restorer has not fixed the USA inserts on Space Shuttle, or the bonus triangles on Timewarp or the Fathom star rollover keylines, or the AFM keylines between the pops or.....?

You give me any NOS playfield, I'll find 150 corrections that need to be done

IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg

You give me any Repro playfield, I'll find 100 corrections that need to be done

mpf16 (resized).jpgmpf16 (resized).jpg

#87 5 years ago

I had issues with a playfield and Kevin was very responsive to my issues. Yes, it wasn’t immediate but after a day or so, I would get a reply to every email. I think there may be some credence to the tech issues. I do think they need to work on customer service and response time as this hobby and their product offering keeps growing. I trust they will.

#88 5 years ago

It sounds like CPR and OP are finally in contact and the situation will be remedied. I hope so!

We can all have a fight over who our favorites are but at the end of the day I’m glad we have all these folks working hard and enabling more games to stay alive! Hopefully some lessons were learned.
It seems that the quality of the playfield is wildly a matter of opinion, but we all agree that Kevin needs to stop dialing into his AOL mail and get a working email system up!

#89 5 years ago

I think we can all forget sometimes that EVERY occurrence you can imagine has a probability of happening.

Can a usually high standard manufacturing process spit out a sub par widget? Sure it can.
Can I forget to answer an email? You bet.
Can these two things be related and line up? Of course.

In my real life business I deal with about 120 clients a day. I miss stuff all the time. Do I continue to try and improve my processes so that I don't miss stuff? Of course. I lose sleep over it. I usually catch things soon enough, but every so often, just when you think everything is water tight, something happens, that lines up with something else, and another thing from left field, and all of a sudden someone is pissed.

One person, on one day is pissed. That's ok, they can be pissed, and I will deal with it. From this end though, you can see that I didn't set out to piss anyone off. But, it still happens. 119 other people are just fine, and so are the 120 from the next day. Soon enough that one person gets diluted to zero.

Now sometimes, very rarely, I will actually look at their email, or their text and say, "Fuck it. I'm going to let this one go." I might be too tired, too bored, whatever. But I won't reply, and I'll eat whatever happens. That's my choice on the day. Doesn't mean I HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Because customer service, and your whole business in fact, is built on statistical results over a long period of time. NOT one event. And all things have an input, which is scaled appropriately with its own importance factor, to the end result.

For the pissed customer on the day, their outcome is everything, but for the guy slogging away on the other end it is just another data point.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

When you fire one host and hire a new one you may lose weeks (2&1/2 in this case) worth.

You’re joking, right? I host email for almost 250 users, across 18+ domains and process about 90,000 emails a month. I’ve onboarded all 250 of those users and no one has ever lost or not had access to email at any point during the migrations.

I’d fire myself if someone I was onboarding lost email.

#91 5 years ago

It's just like a few years ago when Microsoft lost many people's emails from Hotmail

Well, it turned out to have 2 causes: Microsoft and Free Email.

So if Microsoft can lose your emails out of the blue, changing from one host to another might even make it more likely for something to go wrong.

You know what they say about those private email servers..... ......sad

4 weeks later
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

LOTS of the new internet companies. Try giving yelp a call if you're not paying them to advertise (or even if you are). Try calling Google for support. There are literally hundreds of newer websites where the contact is a contact form and the phone number(s) are omitted. It's not that unusual in 2018.

salt-bae.gifsalt-bae.gif
#93 5 years ago
56F178BD-4FDA-448D-93C6-7DA49FC0A5C8 (resized).png56F178BD-4FDA-448D-93C6-7DA49FC0A5C8 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-playfield-reproductions-bad-quality/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.