Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcdonalds-menu-song.jpg
    images.jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Some commercials are embedded in my brain from child hood. This one was great.

#2 3 years ago

Sticking to the theme

#3 3 years ago

Sticking with that theme. Always loved this one.

#5 3 years ago

Go see Cal. There are plenty more like this, too, some less grainy, but this is a good summary.

#6 3 years ago

#7 3 years ago

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Go see Cal. There are plenty more like this, too, some less grainy, but this is a good summary.

My god....I remember seeing his commercials when I was real young in the late 70’s / early 80’s. That’s the stereotype of a car salesman right there.

#11 3 years ago

Introduction of the Mac:

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

My god....I remember seeing his commercials when I was real young in the late 70’s / early 80’s. That’s the stereotype of a car salesman right there.

He absolutely ruled the airwaves in SoCal in the 80s, along with his dog Spot. Get this, from Wikipedia. Unbelievable, more than 300 million in 1988!

According to a profile published in the Sacramento Bee in 1990, Worthington grossed $316.8 million in 1988, making him at the time the largest single owner of a car dealership chain. His advertising agency, named Spot Advertising, had Worthington as its only client and spent $15 million on commercials, the most of any auto dealer at the time

#14 3 years ago

There are so many great ones. But truly this might be my all time favorite. I still love to say “I must be in the front rooow!” whenever I get the chance, even though nowadays most people don’t get the joke.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

There are so many great ones. But truly this might be my all time favorite. I still love to say “I must be in the front rooow!” whenever I get the chance, even though nowadays most people don’t get the joke.

Those commercials were good.

#17 3 years ago

Not a commercial but who could forget this intro when there were only 2 channels

#20 3 years ago

This was from a local place, guy becomes so wealthy he lost his bid to purchase the Houston Rockets to another local multi millionaire Tilman Fertitta

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

This was from a local place, guy becomes so wealthy he lost his bid to purchase the Houston Rockets to another local multi millionaire Tilman Fertitta

Good old Mattress Mac!!!

#22 3 years ago

Clara Peller...RIP

#24 3 years ago

Where's the beef?

images.jpgimages.jpg
    #25 3 years ago

Anyone remember the McDonald's menu song? Big Mac, Blt, Quarter pounder with cheese...

mcdonalds-menu-song.jpgmcdonalds-menu-song.jpg
    #26 3 years ago

Figured this thread would be a healthy outlet for Odin but nowhere to be seen!

Here’s probably the best commercial of all time:

#27 3 years ago

All we need is one pin, Rodney

#28 3 years ago

There’s websites dedicated to just classic tv watching.

https://www.my70stv.com/
    https://www.my80stv.com/
    https://www.my90stv.com/

#29 3 years ago

This topic ranks right up there with the No rainbow puke club and Worst hack/repair you ever saw ... FANTASTIC !! and brings back great memories !!

#31 3 years ago

#34 3 years ago

I've actually seen that tootsie pop commercial recently a few times. As in this year.
    Anyone else?

#35 3 years ago

NSFW

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I've actually seen that tootsie pop commercial recently a few times. As in this year.
    Anyone else?

Yes...saw it twice this last weekend. The long version and the short version.

#40 3 years ago

Is next......Svimwear!

#41 3 years ago

You better not forget the cover sheet on your TPS reports!

#42 3 years ago

Our mechanics are experts!

#44 3 years ago

HOG. Best music store ever. Ramones? ROY? He's got 'em.

#45 3 years ago

Pittsburgh's perfect, Peter. Can I call you Pete?

#46 3 years ago

Mr. Whipple!!

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-commercials?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.