Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 133 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210228_154933 (resized).jpg
    s-l1000 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0108 (resized).JPG
    20180220_182037[1] (resized).jpg
    20180220_182159[1] (resized).jpg
    MB-07-021 (resized).JPG
    MA-07-020 (resized).JPG
    MB-07-020 (resized).JPG
    MB-09_photo_3_(resized).JPG
    MB-09_photo_2_(resized).JPG
    MB-09_photo_1_(resized).JPG
    MB-09_Proto_(resized).JPG
    MB-08-010_(resized).JPG
    6_(resized).jpg
    5_(resized).jpg
    4_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago

Ok....vid1900. I have seen you stuff and been completely intrigued. This is a nice write up on a great product. Completely jazzed. Talked to one of these guys at the Texas Pinball Festival in March so this must be the initial product. Sweetttt!!!!!

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Building will be a bit slow, only able to do a couple sets an hours, and not THAT many hours available. Still hand soldering everything. But they are up on the website. First come, first served. I have enough boards on hand for 98 sets, and components for 48. I'll order more if these run out, so don't worry about that. Just be aware the first batch will be trickling out slowly, and there may be a delay between this and the 2nd batch when the time comes.
    Also, the bottom entry connectors will NOT fit the Stern LDA-100 Rev B or Stern LDA-100 Rev C. I'll be taking care of that issue in a week or two with a different style connector.
    Photos later, Vid's writeup gives you more than I ever could on the shopping cart, so I'd rather focus time on assembly right now. I will be trimming the keying pins as I go.
    http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1
    -Hans

You know if the volume gets crazy find a shop and sub it out. There are alot of places in Dallas that can build these extremely fast for a super low price. You also will have better reliability because it will be put through a reflow oven.

4 months later
    #81 6 years ago

Hans, Thanks.....Bought 7 sets.....Love the LED's in the translucent inserts.

1 year later
    #131 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Got in the 3rd version of the Bally/Stern boards today. Whipped one up real quick to do an assembly verification. Here's a pair of photos to show the updates.
    This shows the whole sets, I kinda mixed them up a bit, whoops. Anyway. You can see all the board sizes were tightened up a bit by eliminating the extra holes originally used for bottom entry connectors. The boards on the right side are the 23 pin adapters, which were having the issue with fit in some machines.
    IMGP5193_(resized).JPG
    The re-arranged layout, and smaller board size, are shown better here. I mounted them both onto a header to measure the amount of change, and it moves that troublesome left edge over 0.6 inches. This should keep it within the outer dimensions of the lamp driver boards. With the male header moved over it should also be easier to plug the wire connector in. Not as easy to see is that I'm also moving to longer pins on the headers as per feedback I've received on the connector sizing.
    IMGP5194_(resized).JPG
    I do have 4 sets left of the old style, and I'll be shipping those before starting to ship the new. But if you have a machine with clearance issues just let me know and I can make sure you get the latest revision. Other than the dimensional changes the two revisions are electrically identical.
    -Hans

OK. Been busy. What did I miss ? I have 7 sets of these and could not be happier. They are fantastic.... Anything I need to get involved in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside