(Topic ID: 51762)

Classic Bait and Switch, Seller to Avoid

By dgpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2008_0703AP0039.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flavour.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago

I'm the friend Dale was talking about. Some clarifications: PayPal requires the buyer to pay for the return shipping as part of the dispute process. There is no way around that. Their way of thinking is that the buyer just changed his mind or has buyers remorse.
    They have no dispute process for clear fraud (bait and switch is fraud). If I want to recover my damages (non-recoverable fees, return shipping etc.) I would need to go after the seller via the police and failing that, sue him in small claims court. This all just would add more cost with the outcome being uncertain.

The seller also made sure not to implicate himself. I've asked him multiple times (via email) if the machine shipped to me is the same as the one advertised on eBay and he completley ignored me. He was also ducking my phone calls.

Btw, the pin also had scratches on the playfield (not in the eBay photos) and the gun (silver in color) was bent quite strongly. On the photos the gun was black and straight.

I still have comparison photos I will upload and share tomorrow (not in the office right now). You will be appalled. This guy is the scourge of humanity. Scum. He knows exactly what he is doing and just hoped that I would be naive enough to not notice or care.

I bought multiple pinballs from eBay and this was the only problem I've had.

Cheers,
    Mike

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flavour.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-bait-and-switch-seller-to-avoid?tu=flavour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.