(Topic ID: 226631)

Classic Arcades, Overlay Disaster- and Solutions?

By billsacto

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by trumpy
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0096 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
20180822_103503 (resized).jpg
20180822_085837 (resized).jpg
HSsmall (resized).jpg
IMG_8488 (resized).JPG
IMG_8487 (resized).JPG
IMG_8486 (resized).JPG
IMG_8362 (resized).JPG
IMG_8268 (resized).JPG
Rustoluem Laquer (resized).jpg
20181113_211837 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 5 years ago

I has some shitty results from Classic Arcade overlays also. Leveled all inserts, sanded perfectly flat, waited weeks before applying the overlay. The registration was horrible to put it nicely. All black key lines bubbled up. Nowhere else, only the key lines. I did not clear over it because there was no way I was locking that crap in there. I am not sure how clearing over the overlay would solve any issues because your clear is only as good as what it is adhering to. Junk...

#57 5 years ago

Its a shame to because the colors are absolutely beautiful. Even with some missing shading. Very vibrant colors and sharp lines, at least on the over lay I got. Everything else about it is crap though. I think he almost has something its just not quite refined and it appears as though he has no intentions of refining it any further. There seems to be too much inconsistency. There is the Xenon here, the guy who started this post and literally everything in between.

#59 5 years ago

I agree. He gave me two slingshot plastics which look fine to me. I guess he was anticipating me being unhappy with the overlay

#62 5 years ago

It was cleared with a water based varathane. A chemical reaction that only effected the key lines? unlikely. It seems more to me that the issue would be in the way it was printed maybe, I am not really sure. It just seems odd that it would only be the key lines and not just random bubbling across the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-arcades-overlay-disaster-and-solutions?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.