(Topic ID: 226631)

Classic Arcades, Overlay Disaster- and Solutions?

By billsacto

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by trumpy
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0096 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
20180722_105549 (resized).jpg
20180822_103503 (resized).jpg
20180822_085837 (resized).jpg
HSsmall (resized).jpg
IMG_8488 (resized).JPG
IMG_8487 (resized).JPG
IMG_8486 (resized).JPG
IMG_8362 (resized).JPG
IMG_8268 (resized).JPG
Rustoluem Laquer (resized).jpg
20181113_211837 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from billsacto:

Guys,
Fantastic input!
The ground breaking observation I have at this point is that many of you have different approaches, that vary significantly.
However, I don't remember being provided any specific guidance (directions) from Jeff at Classic Arcades. I certainly would not have used Triple Thick if Jeff had directed me to use Automotive Clear Coat! I also would have remembered directions to clear over the top of the play field. Also no mention of waiting X hours or days after install before reassembly. I would have remember clear directions like that,
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm definitely NOT criticizing any of you, or saying your processes are not a good path to success. I'm pointing out that the supplier should provide clear directions with appropriate steps in order to get a successful outcome. How is anyone supposed to guess at the correct installation method? Is it it proprietary? Need to know? I don't believe I got clear directions with the types of steps we are discussing here from Classic Arcades. But frankly, I'm not 100% sure if he even provided any directions? I have an email into Jeff asking for directions for installation of his overlay. If any of you have those, please paste them in here for our discussion. Those would be key in our discussion as well. But it appears to me that if the steps outlined by many of you here are required, then Jeff has NOT provided sufficient input, i.e. directions to install his overlay.
So again, that's kind of the goal of this discussion: To build "Best Know Methods" for installing a Pinball Overlay.

Lots of things could have happened differently. Why would you go ahead and apply this overlay without knowing exactly what to do. I could be wrong but I think you jumped into this without doing your homework on how these are actually properly applied. Jeff probably should have included some instructions but you should of ask questions in my opinon and waited for answers.

Get the new decal Jeff is suppling so kindly for free and do this properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 199.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-arcades-overlay-disaster-and-solutions?tu=Rock914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.