9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150405_160535431_HDR.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a swords of fury and 95% of the playfield inserts are bare. I am debating a few options, but was curious if anybody has used any of the classic arcades insert decals before and if they adhere well, and if you cleared the playfield after or just waxed after applying them. Another option is painting them on myself.

IMG_20150405_160535431_HDR.jpgIMG_20150405_160535431_HDR.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Congrats on the SOF (LIONMAN!!)
Have had mixed results ordering from classic. Some ok some poor quality. Personally I would shop around and order from them as a last resort.

Check around several threads on here
Here's a snippet from one...

Quoted from Barron:

obgo777 said:
Then he finally insults me and says he is going to put my name out with all the pinball parts suppliers so they will blacklist me!

Return the favor like most people have and blacklist him. I dont think he has much clout with good suppliers. He's the subject of countless threads on poor service.

#3 9 years ago

I had to re-read that because I didn't remember writing it. Took me a sec to realize it was me quoting OBGO777. My experience with said product below:

I bought a cheap beater Whirlwind that was missing a bunch of inserts. I have hopes of finding a relatively decent price CPR repro so I didn't wanna do to much & wanted a playable game. I removed all of the Mylar, fixed what lifted inserts I could, applied Classic Arcades' adhesive decals & then just threw a Mylar playfield kit over top of them. It's better than it was but it's not perfect by any means.

The decals are pretty well made, nice embossed feeling texture. Much better than his drop target products. I'm not sure if they'd hold up in a high abuse setting so that's why I just got the mylar kit from Marco. The light bleeds through the black a bit, but for thirty bucks I can't complain. Everything lined up pretty well in the Whirlwind set, too. I guess the proper way to do it would be to print them yourself on water slide decal paper and apply them but I wanted a quick temporary fix. CA's decals satisfied me in that regard. Whirlwind with no compass decals isn't as fun!

#4 9 years ago

My experience with Classic Arcades is that they are a so-so product at a so-so price. Better than nothing but not the best out there. I have not purchased their insert decals but I have purchased their hot stamped drop targets as well as their drop target decals. The decals were passable. I felt like going over the hot stamped ones with a sharpie to fill in all of the gaps in the lines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-arcades-insert-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.