• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Greetings!

I am fortunate to have a nicely working Class of 1812. I would say it worked flawlessly until the GI fuse blew. I was able to trace the issue down to a bad solder joint that I made when I added the trough light. I re-soldered and put a new fuse in, and of course the GI works correctly. But now I have a couple issues I have not had before.

Several of the insert LEDs are ghosting. And while these aren't NG bulbs, it has never been an issue. Even a row of the small LEDs in the Bat-O-Meter display ghost when the teeth are chattering.

On start up, there is always the "Return Switch" message on the top display and 0, 1, then 2 changing on the bottom display. The return switches score correctly, and turning the machine off and back on allows me to start play.

I accept these all could be coincidence, but they did just start when I put a new fuse in the GI fuse slot.

Any suggestions on what might be happening here?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

I would check that solder joint that you resoldered. It's possible that a small drop of solder is touching another wire that's part of the lamp matrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.