2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Using a system 1 coil stop and modding in an extension spring can help a lot, but the whole mech just isn't the best designed. Even with a perfectly rebuilt and tuned mech you only get performance on the level of a Williams mech with 1000 plays. For games like my Surf n Safari (which the ramps on this seem similar to), I haven't had any issues with the regular mechs after some tweaks. On games like my stargate they just couldn't cut it though, and I swapped to Williams mechs. I used ones from pinball life which had an extension spring, a high voltage eos+cap, and fl-11630 coils, and the tallest coil stops, and it worked well

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

I've never owned a Gottlieb Sys 1 coil stop, whats so different about it that it makes such a difference>?

The system 1/80 coil stop is about 7-8mm tall. The system 3 coil stop is about 2mm tall. So you get way less travel with the older stop, which means the flippers don't go up really high, which makes the game play more like other games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-flipper-conversion-to-williams?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.