Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by rushisrighton
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 55 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

89879CE0-D0F9-482F-8963-E5D6D5CDDC62 (resized).jpeg
9C5C83A6-DFB6-4678-B054-4E307D0C6CD0 (resized).jpeg
BA9EEFC7-C298-4B53-86B6-C47747E90DA0 (resized).jpeg
1F52A200-DC40-46A1-BDF4-40796949AF96 (resized).jpeg
A4CBA1A6-7937-4859-95C2-BB1147E8D6A4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG
20190511_094029 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2018-11-19 134441 (resized).jpg
img183.jpg
20180725_195849 (resized).jpg
DSC_0851 (resized).jpg
73EF3257-9879-4374-8A17-6C69514D4357 (resized).png
641317CB-BB6B-4CD5-A5CC-CF31C404DA70 (resized).jpeg
E457132D-E951-458B-A01D-4FA0FD7AC28C (resized).jpeg
Service Bulletin 8-1-91 (resized).jpg
Service Bulletin 7-25-91 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

You can replace the heart with anything you want. The originals rotted and there arent any replacements that are factory.

I know the game intimately, have had one for 8 years after bringing it back from the dead-

https://picasaweb.google.com/114677989241940608218/ClassOf1812?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have the original heart in decent shape and a repro hand from PBR.... Also put in all new ramps, the game isn't going anywhere, it is my wife's favorite, and it is a guilty pleasure pin. It isn't a deep game to play, just a "charming" game to play.... Audio and art is fantastic...

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the info nmeun87007! How hard was it to replace the beating heart??

Very simple... the original foam heart just sits on a bracket that goes up and down when it is activated (with a flasher too).....

#10 6 years ago

Not sure what you can coat it with, it is a thin rubber that simply deteriorates over time. If you have a solution let me know.

The game typically sells for 1000-1200 for an average one.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Yay another members only club

I didn't receive my jacket yet, really looking forward to that sweet satin feel....

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Beautiful job on cleaning and touching yours up! Looks like it was pretty rough to begin with -- how long of a restore job was that?

Thanks, I am not the fastest, but I would say I had about 30 hours into the playfield if I had to guess.... At some point you stop keeping track of time or it will end up depressing you when all you want to do is play it....

1 month later
#46 6 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

So the what the heck is this? Some sort of promo thing? Looks like this one was wall art at one point. Wonder how it would look backlit in a light box.

It is a translite that didn't get vacuum formed. Mike Pacak had a ton of them at one time and they have been on Ebay in the $20 range forever. They are nice wall art (that is what I use mine for) or nice if your original is missing completely.

You arent going to find a nice vacuum formed translite out there for sale. I have been looking for 8 years, and they just dont come up.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

How is the vacuumed one supposed to attach? Mine is quite worn, and is just kind of shoved in the backbox behind the outer glass. It falls out as soon as I remove the outer glass. Should there be a second glass?

Going from memory (can look later), there are holes in the corners of the translite that attach to the cheap Gottlieb plastic pegs. A lot of the translites are completely busted up on theses corners and usually only the latch keeps them from falling out (it sits in front of the translite).

There is only one glas (with the screened balloons on it)....

Together they make a nice piece of wall art...

9 months later
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Ok, I just picked one of these up. I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I did notice when I picked it up that both of the ramps have been repaired. I see that pinball resource has the ramps but it looks like it doesn't come with decals or flaps. I didn't see decals and flaps on the PB resource site, but that doesn't mean they don't have them as lots of things aren't listed on their website. Does anyone know if they have them? If they don't have the decals and flaps does anyone know of a source for them? I suspect I could reuse the flaps by riveting them onto the new ramps but not sure about the decals.
It's definitely a player's game but now I have to decide how much I want to spend on it to fix it up.
Anyway, if anyone knows of a source for the decals or whether PB resource has them, I'd appreciate it.
Dave

PBResource didnt have any decals in stock other than what was listed on their site. This was about 6 years ago that I did the refurb and placed the order, but I doubt Steve got more parts in for this machine. I transferred mine over (the decals). the flaps aren't riveted on gottliebs, they utilize the two post next to the ramp entrance to hold them down. If you end up needing the decals above the signs (not sure if he is out now, havent looked at 1812 parts for many years) I made scans of mine before I installed them.

I have about 100 reference pics if you need them similar to this- https://plus.google.com/photos/114677989241940608218/albums/5677562778270442977?hl=en_US

#79 5 years ago

I know this one quite well, so any questions you or Corey end up with, feel free to shoot them my way. If you need to see anything in "real time", just shoot me a PM and you can come out and compare notes in person.

The plastic rivets can be re-used. You simply pull the male out with a set of needlenose, and then you can pull the female out. New plastic rivets are nice, but not necessary. I actually find myself using these rivets in other applications as well, they are simple, but effective.

1 year later
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Finally joined the club! After a year and a half search I am driving my Class of 1812 home. It's routed and needs cleaned, new heart or suitable replacement, have a nos glass on the way, just need to find a translite that will work without being vacuum formed. Any ideas of where to get one? I have a nos translite on the way but not vacuum formed so I'm not sure if it'll work or not

It will work.... you wont find a vacuum formed one.... The NOS will drop in no problem. You lose some of the effect from the forming, but most people wont even notice.

10 months later
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Does anyone know where to get new sound chips? Mine is broken

There are lots of different chips that drive the sound. What are you looking for in particular?

#107 3 years ago

If you are just looking for sound roms, I can burn you a set, or you can grab a set from steve young at pinball resource. Steve is the only one legally allowed to supply gottlieb roms, but I don't see why i can't "fix" the roms you have currently for you...

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Do you have the roms? I am more than happy to pay you for your time and roms. I wouldnt think your fix would be bad. I already own the game, as do you. I just need my roms "fixed!"

I can take care of you.... Shoot me a PM and we can get it all worked out.

1 month later
#111 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I know its a long shot, but i just started a full teardown of my 1812, im looking for a billboard assembly for the left ramp if anyone has one. Ill call pbr and see if they do tomorrow. Also, the prior owner put locktite on the pist screws for the slings! One sheared off in the hole, any one know a way to get that out??

Gottlieb put loctite on most of their system 3 games. You can knock the broken one through the bottom from the top. I dont believe Steve has the billboard, but does have the stickers for the billboard. If you cant find one, you could probably fabricate something in a pinch. I took scans of the billboard stickers if you need a guide to work from if you end up fabricating something. I can't wait too see what yours sounds like...LOL

2 years later
#164 11 months ago
Quoted from AnIrishGent:

Thanks for your help. I'm only looking for the Posts the lane guide attaches too.

They are standard posts....

http://pbresource.com/postscrew.html

Annotation 2018-11-19 134441 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside