PXL_20230925_235129525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230924_195819017 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235016342 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235127848 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_185034454 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_214607111 (resized).jpg
lightbaffle (resized).png
PXL_20230909_171417624 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 10 years ago

Ok, I just picked one of these up. I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I did notice when I picked it up that both of the ramps have been repaired. I see that pinball resource has the ramps but it looks like it doesn't come with decals or flaps. I didn't see decals and flaps on the PB resource site, but that doesn't mean they don't have them as lots of things aren't listed on their website. Does anyone know if they have them? If they don't have the decals and flaps does anyone know of a source for them? I suspect I could reuse the flaps by riveting them onto the new ramps but not sure about the decals.

It's definitely a player's game but now I have to decide how much I want to spend on it to fix it up.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a source for the decals or whether PB resource has them, I'd appreciate it.

Dave

#77 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the ramp flaps. The game is still bundled up so I haven't had a chance to really look at it and have been going off pictures on IPDB. I'll need to set the game up and look at it to see what decals I'll need if I end up replacing the ramps, which I think I'm going to do.

If I end up needing decals for the ramps and/or signs, maybe somebody on here would have some extras or could produce them if Steve at PBR doesn't have them available. I'll definitely ask Steve as he sometimes has stuff that's not listed on his site.

I've already got a cliffy protector ordered for the game so now I just need to order up new posts, rubber, etc so that when CenterFlank shops this one out he can make it look as good as it can.

Dave

#78 10 years ago

So I took a look at this one yesterday and think the ramps (for sure the left side, right side is borderline) need to be replaced. In looking at how the plastics are connected to the ramps, it looks like there are plastic rivets. For those that have shopped this game, did you end up buying replacement rivets and putting the plastics back on with rivets or did you just use nuts/bolts to hold it in place after shopping it. If you used the black plastic rivets was there anything special about using them (need a tool, etc)?

I just want to be sure I have everything I need for CenterFlank once he starts shopping this game out. I've been wavering a bit on this one as it needs some TLC and I'm not sure how much I want to give it...

Dave

#80 10 years ago

Thanks for the quick response...good to hear that they can be reused. I may order a couple anyway, just in case there are some missing or some get ruined while being removed.

I appreciate the offer to check out your game should we need to.

As I said, I'm just wavering a bit on pulling the trigger for the parts. The game is pretty dirty so it's hard to tell how well it's going to clean up and I hate putting lots of new parts on a game that might end up looking like a turd (if it doesn't clean up well).

Ah, the fun of owning pinball machines.

Dave

#82 10 years ago

Ok, I'm in the process of ordering parts for the Class of 1812 I have but I don't have a manual and PBR likes to know specifics

So, I'm thinking of ordering replacement clear plastic posts for this game as the ones I can see look brittle and crappy. I believe there are 2 different sizes used on this game but I have no idea how many of each. Does the manual indicate how many of each are used? If not, does anyone have a reasonable estimate? Worst case scenario, I'll order them after the game is apart for shopping (CenterFlank is going to do it so I'm trying to get everything he needs ahead of time).

Also, the post that's to the right of the left side ramp, which has a bracket attached to it (actually, the bracket is attached to a post on either side of the ramp) had a screw broken off in it. Anyone know which post I need to order to replace the one that's there?

Finally, I'm thinking of replacing the lane guides and posts in the top rollover area but am not sure of the part numbers for the individual pieces that are there. Anyone have that information (part number and quantity needed)? I'm not sure I need to replace them but while CenterFlank is in there cleaning things up, might as well put new ones in if they're available. If they're not, I'll make do.

Appreciate any info you have.

Dave

1 week later
#84 10 years ago

I'm sure I'm asking about things that are unobtainium but I needed to replace the ramps on my 1812 and I wasn't able to save the stickers/decals from the older ones to transfer to the newer ones. Are these available anywhere? Anyone make them on their own that could make another set?

I'd appreciate any leads anyone has on these.

Thanks,

Dave

8 months later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from boogieyay:

How do I join this club? I own a Class of 1812 and would love some info on getting it to work again please!!

By order of the owners of Class of 1812, I vote to accept boogieyay into the owner's club. All in favor say aye.

Looks like you're in.

Dave

5 years later
#193 4 years ago
Quoted from dgsully:

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has a spare ball snubber for Class of 1812

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're talking about, even though I own the game...are you referring to this part:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29762

It's what I found when I searched ball snubber class of 1812 pinball...

Dave

#195 4 years ago

I guess I now know what that thing is called On the Marco website, it says it's compatible with class of 1812 so I wonder where that part would go if not on the kick out...

I just went and looked at my game and mine seems to be the straighter one, like yours. I wonder if the one that marco has can be used as a substitute for the one that's there?

Dave

3 years later
#248 10 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am still looking for a nice 1812. Someone must need some extra cash!

Well, how much money you got? Mine's really not for sale but if you're willing to offer crazy money, I'd listen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-clubmembers-only?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.