PXL_20230925_235129525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230924_195819017 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235016342 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235127848 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_185034454 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_214607111 (resized).jpg
lightbaffle (resized).png
PXL_20230909_171417624 (resized).jpg
There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 months ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Hey fellas, how many balls does class 1812 take? Two right? I was playing a game tonight and multiball music kept continuing even though I drained a ball. Course I kept playing. I then discovered the machine had three balls in the trough. Not sure when or how the extra ball got in there but it’s been there for years.
Cheers.

Yep, it only takes 2 balls. Not sure if having a third in would cause your issue or if the trough switch was your problem though.

#302 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yep, it only takes 2 balls. Not sure if having a third in would cause your issue or if the trough switch was your problem though.

Thanks for the confirmation. Cheers.

#303 5 months ago

I'm finally getting around to trying to figure out why the upkicker for the door prize doesn't work. I've rewired the coil and it still won't fire so I am pretty sure it's not getting power. In another topic people have explained to me this is likely the transistor that needs to be replaced.

Can someone help me identify which transistor is used for this coil? Thanks.

#304 5 months ago

Just got delivered and in the house today. Glad to be in the club!

I am however missing a heart, anybody got a good recommendation for a replacement?

Still need to go through everything so will likely have more questions.

PXL_20231024_202829351.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20231024_202829351.MP (resized).jpg
#305 5 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Just got delivered and in the house today. Glad to be in the club!
I am however missing a heart, anybody got a good recommendation for a replacement?
Still need to go through everything so will likely have more questions.
[quoted image]

I'm also interested in a good replacement for the heart. Being Halloween season I ordered some from Amazon but they don't look very good. Past posts in this thread say you can use pretty much any prop heart and just put a hole in it but if anyone has a specific one they know fits well and looks good I'd like to see it. All of the links to suggested ones from older posts are dead.

#306 5 months ago

I finally got my door prize coil firing again. In case anyone else has the same issue in the future there is a 1.0 amp fuse under the playfield at the top that is dedicated solely to this coil.

Not sure why this coil gets its own fuse since the advice everyone was giving me was that it's probably not a fuse if only one coil is not working, but it appears to be the case. I swapped that fuse out and it's working again.

#307 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm also interested in a good replacement for the heart. Being Halloween season I ordered some from Amazon but they don't look very good. Past posts in this thread say you can use pretty much any prop heart and just put a hole in it but if anyone has a specific one they know fits well and looks good I'd like to see it. All of the links to suggested ones from older posts are dead.

Dave's Arcade recently posted he put a new on in his machine, short video on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/227942975051203

I talked with him and he said it's a tad smaller than the original but works nice just attached to the bracket. ebay.com link: itm

#308 5 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Dave's Arcade recently posted he put a new on in his machine, short video on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/227942975051203
I talked with him and he said it's a tad smaller than the original but works nice just attached to the bracket. ebay.com link: itm

Thanks! I just got a few from amazon due to it being halloween season and they look similar to that one, just not as nicely painted. I'm going to see how they look and then go the ebay route if I have to.

Maybe I'll revisit my 3d printed one and make it a little smaller so it fits better.

#309 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks! I just got a few from amazon due to it being halloween season and they look similar to that one, just not as nicely painted. I'm going to see how they look and then go the ebay route if I have to.
Maybe I'll revisit my 3d printed one and make it a little smaller so it fits better.

I just go tthe one I ordered off ebay, unfortunately it's not very translucent, so the light heart beat doesn't really shine through it.

#310 5 months ago

Looking for a replacement hand, i see there was a post about it but the link is dead.
I found one that might work but it is 12" long and almost 5" wide...maybe its to big? (insert-thats what she said)
Can someone confirm the measurements of original hand for me please as i dont have mine anymore.

#311 5 months ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Looking for a replacement hand, i see there was a post about it but the link is dead.
I found one that might work but it is 12" long and almost 5" wide...maybe its to big? (insert-thats what she said)
Can someone confirm the measurements of original hand for me please as i dont have mine anymore.

I have several hands and the one that fits best is 10 inches long and 4.5 inches wide. The extra length helps because you can secure the wrist/forearm down with the chain. The shorter ones that don't have a wrist are only really held in by the ring. 12 inches would be pushing it but I think it would fit as long as that length is from the wrist. If it's just a hand and it's 12 inches long it will probably be too much.

#312 5 months ago

This is the one im looking at.... the whole thing is 12" long from forearm to finger tip

https://a.co/d/77Kteco

Do you have links to the one you have used?

#313 5 months ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

This is the one im looking at.... the whole thing is 12" long from forearm to finger tip
https://a.co/d/77Kteco
Do you have links to the one you have used?

The one I'm using now came with the machine so I'm not sure where they got it.

This is it and it's 10 inches long so I don't think the extra 2 inches would matter, the ones you're looking at should fit well I think.

PXL_20231029_195802023 (resized).jpgPXL_20231029_195802023 (resized).jpg
#314 5 months ago

OK great

Thanks

1 month later
#315 4 months ago

Welp, I didn't expect to ever have this game in my collection, but I ended up with one anyway over the weekend, so I guess I'm officially a member. TBH I always thought this game was kind of stupid, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been charming the hell out of me in the short period of time I've had it so far. Game is in pretty decent shape. A good amount of wear between the pops, and the hand is pretty badly degraded, but otherwise it will clean up really nice. The heart is in very good shape still which I am happy to see. Is there any good ways to keep the latex or whatever from degrading or do I just keep an eye on it? Right now I just plan on shopping it out, rebuilding the flippers, and cleaning the playfield. I'll probably put mylar down over all the worn areas in the pops to keep the paint from flaking off any worse than it already is.

20231202_181425 (resized).jpg20231202_181425 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#316 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Welp, I didn't expect to ever have this game in my collection, but I ended up with one anyway over the weekend, so I guess I'm officially a member. TBH I always thought this game was kind of stupid, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been charming the hell out of me in the short period of time I've had it so far. Game is in pretty decent shape. A good amount of wear between the pops, and the hand is pretty badly degraded, but otherwise it will clean up really nice. The heart is in very good shape still which I am happy to see. Is there any good ways to keep the latex or whatever from degrading or do I just keep an eye on it? Right now I just plan on shopping it out, rebuilding the flippers, and cleaning the playfield. I'll probably put mylar down over all the worn areas in the pops to keep the paint from flaking off any worse than it already is.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Your heart really does look like it's in good shape, the hand is easy to replace so I wouldn't worry about that as much. no idea if you can do anything to preserve the heart though. I wonder if there is any kind of coating for rubber that can help stop it from degrading.

#317 4 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Welcome to the club. Your heart really does look like it's in good shape, the hand is easy to replace so I wouldn't worry about that as much. no idea if you can do anything to preserve the heart though. I wonder if there is any kind of coating for rubber that can help stop it from degrading.

The problem is I haven't run across any hands I like equal or better to the stock one yet though.

I can't believe how expensive the flipper rebuild kits are for these things, sheesh!!!

#318 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The problem is I haven't run across any hands I like equal or better to the stock one yet though.
I can't believe how expensive the flipper rebuild kits are for these things, sheesh!!!

I was not a fan of the original hand. I ended up putting a skeleton hand in there....works for me....

Cheers,

#319 4 months ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I was not a fan of the original hand. I ended up putting a skeleton hand in there....works for me....
Cheers,

Ooh that's a good idea. I got a few different hands in a halloween prop pack and was planning on decorating them differently so I could swap them out once in a while. A skeleton hand sounds good though.

1 month later
#320 86 days ago

Just picked this up today and joined the club after wanting one for a long time. Was in the basement of a house someone bought. They were going to take it to the dump. Got it for a good price and other than needing a cleaning and couple of issues, its in great shape.

For some reason, the service/test button inside the coin door doesnt work. And, the sound/music doesnt work. Getting a high pitch hum/noise and can just barely hear the callouts.

classof1812 (resized).pngclassof1812 (resized).png
#321 85 days ago
Quoted from jgeiger:

Just picked this up today and joined the club after wanting one for a long time. Was in the basement of a house someone bought. They were going to take it to the dump. Got it for a good price and other than needing a cleaning and couple of issues, its in great shape.
For some reason, the service/test button inside the coin door doesnt work. And, the sound/music doesnt work. Getting a high pitch hum/noise and can just barely hear the callouts.
[quoted image]

Wow, can't belive someone was going to trash it. It looks like it's in pretty good shape.

For system 3 games there are a few pretty in depth guides out there that you can find by doing a web search. I'd start with a site like this and try to find something related to the issue you're having.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#sound

#322 85 days ago

Thanks @anony. Will keep reading up.

Quick question, do you know if A10P4 connector in the backbox is used on 1812? I had to remove the head and that was the only connector I could not find a J for. Read a few posts that suggest it was only used in certain Gottlieb games.

#323 85 days ago

anybody happen to have a extra right sling plastic? my poor vamp is missing some skin.

alternatively it looks like pinballcenter has some reproductions, anybody order from them? any good?

PXL_20240118_173235282.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240118_173235282.MP (resized).jpg
#324 85 days ago
Quoted from jgeiger:

Thanks @anony. Will keep reading up.
Quick question, do you know if A10P4 connector in the backbox is used on 1812? I had to remove the head and that was the only connector I could not find a J for. Read a few posts that suggest it was only used in certain Gottlieb games.

I actually have had a note in my phone for months to look up what that connector does because I noticed it was not connected on my game either. So you should be in the clear leaving it unplugged.

Quoted from BorgDog:

anybody happen to have a extra right sling plastic? my poor vamp is missing some skin.
alternatively it looks like pinballcenter has some reproductions, anybody order from them? any good?
[quoted image]

Oh wow, I don't get how I can search the web for pinball stuff and never find it all. I'm very tempted to order this, I'm going to have to do some digging to see if this company is legit.

EDIT: Here's what I found out. Pinball.center is a legit site, they've been around more than 10 years and have a pretty good reputation on this site. However, the only threads I could find talking about the quality of their plastics were negative. Lots of people saying the repro art is not super accurate and that the print quality is bad.
Shipping is from Germany and with the CAD exchange rate right now it would be over $300 CAD for me to order them.
It sounds like you only want to order from them if your plastics are in horrible shape.

#325 85 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Oh wow, I don't get how I can search the web for pinball stuff and never find it all. I'm very tempted to order this, I'm going to have to do some digging to see if this company is legit.
EDIT: Here's what I found out. Pinball.center is a legit site, they've been around more than 10 years and have a pretty good reputation on this site. However, the only threads I could find talking about the quality of their plastics were negative. Lots of people saying the repro art is not super accurate and that the print quality is bad.
Shipping is from Germany and with the CAD exchange rate right now it would be over $300 CAD for me to order them.
It sounds like you only want to order from them if your plastics are in horrible shape.

Do not buy from them. I posted a review of them in this thread with pics. Post 158.

- Mark

#326 85 days ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Do not buy from them. I posted a review of them in this thread with pics. Post 158.
- Mark

thanks Mark

#327 84 days ago

Anyone have a manual they can email me? Going to order one from PBR but want to try and track down a few issues over the weekend. Audio is one issue but the other is the game doesnt start without hitting sw1. Then, it seems like it is on unlimited balls. It goes through 1-9, then A, then back through 1-9 on the ball count display. At least I can get a decent score this way.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#328 65 days ago

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction with a sound issue I've started having. This just started all of a sudden after no problems with the game previously (game hasn't been moved or anything). When the game is booted and a game started, the sound works for about 3-4 seconds and then stops. If I turn it off and back on immediately the sound won't work at all. If I let it sit for a bit and try again I'll get 3-4 seconds of sound. Here is a video clip of me starting a game. I know very little about game repair but fuses are good and I cleaned the volume pot. One of the capacitors on the auxillary power board is slightly swollen but I don't know if that would cause this or not. Thanks for any advice!

3 weeks later
#329 44 days ago

So Mirco just announced he is doing Class of 1812 playfields... I'm so torn. I want one for my machine but his work can be so substandard it's like playing roulette buying from him.

Who is going to be the test subject and take the plunge to buy one? Some of his playfields seem pretty solid but others are full of issues and with the number of inserts on 1812 I'd be really worried to buy from him.

#330 44 days ago

I will. Whatever he produces will be better than my blown out playfield.

#331 44 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I will. Whatever he produces will be better than my blown out playfield.

Yeah I'm thinking the same... please let us know how it turns out if you do buy one.

#332 43 days ago

Obviously you guys have to decide whats best for you. After reading the Mirco thread, its a huge gamble. Expensive, time consuming and then to find out you maybe have flaking or pooling in your brand new playfield would be infuriating.....

#333 43 days ago

I have used a number of his playfields and never had issues but i dont see how they hold up as they are off to customers after.
But i agree mine is terrible so I'm sure i will eventually be replacing it and if this is only choice I'm sure it will look a whole lot better than mine.

3 weeks later
#334 18 days ago

Just joined the club! Great game! Thanks to Tait for a smooth transaction!

73308874630__05F27B87-A416-4A85-BA2F-586756E0C34D (resized).jpeg73308874630__05F27B87-A416-4A85-BA2F-586756E0C34D (resized).jpeg73308877131__DFAFE73B-9301-47F7-BB60-22169012EDAC (resized).jpeg73308877131__DFAFE73B-9301-47F7-BB60-22169012EDAC (resized).jpeg73308878398__C8E0025D-BC55-423A-B297-2B1A850949B4 (resized).jpeg73308878398__C8E0025D-BC55-423A-B297-2B1A850949B4 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#335 3 hours ago

I’ve never seen a good condition playfield on one of these. Would totally swap in a mirco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-clubmembers-only/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.