PXL_20230925_235129525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230924_195819017 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235016342 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235127848 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_185034454 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_214607111 (resized).jpg
lightbaffle (resized).png
PXL_20230909_171417624 (resized).jpg
There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

More
You don’t need 4 SMD to light up a translite. Mine was done in 1smd frosted dome and it was still very bright. Regardless. LEDs generate super low amounts of heat so I doubt you’d have a problem.
Can’t help with the pics since mine has left my collection.

Thanks for the opinion on the heat, I’m just paranoid on ruining an unobtanium and fragile item. But you’re right, it may not harm it.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I have 2SMD dome LED’s behind the translite now, but I get the circles of light coming through the art. The 4SMD no-dome will help disperse the light without the circles.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks for the opinion on the heat, I’m just paranoid on ruining an unobtanium and fragile item. But you’re right, it may not harm it.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I have 2SMD dome LED’s behind the translite now, but I get the circles of light coming through the art. The 4SMD no-dome will help disperse the light without the circles.

here's a pic of mine with 1SMD frosted warm whites, I'd say minimal circles overall...

DSC_0851 (resized).jpgDSC_0851 (resized).jpg

I'd think the brigther 4SMD bulb would make this worse and the frosted dome helps with dispersion so removing it will make it more spotlightly
http://www.cometpinball.com/Brightness-Chart-s/1825.htm

1 month later
#153 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get or have any spare teeth? Just picked one up and mine is missing the entire assembly! Hand is missing as well, but I should be able to find some sort of a replacement. Good news is the heart works!

20180725_195849 (resized).jpg20180725_195849 (resized).jpg
#154 5 years ago

Try Marcos...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/28111

Cheers. I love my one and only pin, class 1812.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Anyone know where to get or have any spare teeth? Just picked one up and mine is missing the entire assembly! Hand is missing as well, but I should be able to find some sort of a replacement. Good news is the heart works!

Pinball resource had them years ago. Bought some when i had mine

#156 5 years ago

Thanks, guys. Marcos is posted just for reference, sold out however. I'll give Steve Young a ring today and see if he can help out.

#157 5 years ago

Can someone in the club possibly take a few pictures of the Teeth assembly? Looks like PBR only has the bottom teeth, although their part number references both bottom and top. Wondering what sort of bracket, coil and board go underneath for the teeth to move. This manual doesn't have any parts listing/blowup on the assembly besides the teeth. Thanks in advance!

http://pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

1 month later
#158 5 years ago

Quick Review: www.pinballcenter.de Reproduction Plastics for Class of 1812:

I was thrilled when I found that www.pinballcenter.de was selling reproduction plastics for Class of 1812. They are expensive at 179 euros for a full set, and 22.9 euros for just slingshots. I bought a full set plus a set of slingshots. By the time a paid for the plastics, VAT and a mail forwarding service (they do not ship to the U.S.), I spent a total of $262.

The bad news: Despite pinballcenter's description of "Reproduction, Top Quality!", they are very poor quality:

The colors are horrible. (Ex: Willie Woof is purple, when he should be tan.)

The resolution is grainy, not sharp.

The plastic is discolored (white) on the edges, where it was cut.

Buy only as a last resort.

- Mark

Update: Embarrassingly, I was incorrect on the discolored edges. The top had a protective film that I had not removed. However, I stand by my other comments.

Update: Added a scan of my original Willie Woof Slingshot Plastic side by side with the reproduction version.
img183.jpgimg183.jpg

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Quick Review: www.pinballcenter.de Reproduction Plastics for Class of 1812:
I was thrilled when I found that www.pinballcenter.de was selling reproduction plastics for Class of 1812. They are expensive at 179 euros for a full set, and 22.9 euros for just slingshots. I bought a full set plus a set of slingshots. By the time a paid for the plastics, VAT and a mail forwarding service (they do not ship to the U.S.), I spent a total of $262.
The bad news: Despite pinballcenter's description of "Reproduction, Top Quality!", they are very poor quality:
The colors are horrible. (Ex: Willy the Wolf is purple, when he should be tan.)
The resolution is grainy, not sharp.
The plastic is discolored (white) on the edges, where it was cut.
Buy only as a last resort.
- Mark

THANK YOU for this information. Crucial heads up for sure!

2 months later
#160 5 years ago

Hi, I know its a long shot, but would anybody have a spare of the clear acrylic piece that goes above the top rollover lanes with 'special' and 'extra ball' printed on it?
I know that there is the full plastics set available for class of 1812, but I'd rather not pay that high a price for just one piece that I need.

Cheers.

1 week later
#161 5 years ago

Happy to finally be a member of this esteemed group. Wicked cool pin!

Recently acquired a rather neglected Class Of 1812.

I'm unable to locate a manual online due to copyright I assume.

Can anyone provide the part number for the Lane Guide Pyramid POSTS located middle upper playfleid?

Thanks all.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from AnIrishGent:

Can anyone provide the part number for the Lane Guide Pyramid POSTS located middle upper playfleid?

It's called a "Tent" lane guide. You'll need to measure what size, but I think PBR has what you need: http://pbresource.com/rollover.htm

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

It's called a "Tent" lane guide. You'll need to measure what size, but I think PBR has what you need: http://pbresource.com/rollover.htm

Thanks for your help. I'm only looking for the Posts the lane guide attaches too.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from AnIrishGent:

Thanks for your help. I'm only looking for the Posts the lane guide attaches too.

They are standard posts....

http://pbresource.com/postscrew.html

Annotation 2018-11-19 134441 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2018-11-19 134441 (resized).jpg
#165 5 years ago

Finally done (mostly):

5 months later
#166 4 years ago

Joined the club today with one that has some heavy scores to beat--98 million, 93 million...gotta assume it's been rolled over as well.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Joined the club today with one that has some heavy scores to beat--98 million, 93 million...gotta assume it's been rolled over as well.

Welcome. Let's party! Time to build those multiplies and lock into that left ramp.

#168 4 years ago

Cleaned and replaced springs on both sets of drop targets today. It's so nice that they made the entire assembly removable by unplugging a few connectors and taking out the four screws that secure the unit to the playfield. If you haven't done it, put it on the to-do list!

20190511_094029 (resized).jpg20190511_094029 (resized).jpg
#169 4 years ago

I just got my wife one of these for her Birthday and got to say, i love it. Such a fun, approachable game!!

Ours is missing the hand and the heart is basically stuffed as well. Does anyone have a good replacement option they can suggest?

Also, if someone has a machine with the original heart and hand - would they be able to measure it for me in CM's - will be a big help in trying to find a replacement via Halloween props etc

Take your million & scram!!!

#170 4 years ago

I think this is where people get the hand and maybe the heart too. If not, ebay has a lot of stuff that would work by searching for props or Halloween decor.

https://www.rickshouseofhorror.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=60

The original parts aren't anything fantastic so as long as you get something that fits there, it'll probably look good enough.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

I just got my wife one of these for her Birthday and got to say, i love it. Such a fun, approachable game!!
Ours is missing the hand and the heart is basically stuffed as well. Does anyone have a good replacement option they can suggest?
Also, if someone has a machine with the original heart and hand - would they be able to measure it for me in CM's - will be a big help in trying to find a replacement via Halloween props etc
Take your million & scram!!!

Yes- Rick's house of horror is where I get the heart
https://www.rickshouseofhorror.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=519

it's a tight fit - but took the stuffing out and made it work

I got a Gemmy 12" animated hand on Ebay - wrapped the fingers with gauze (soaked in coffee for staining)
and the fingers move while the machine is on and making noise. Hard to find this one though

good luck!

IMG_1266 (resized).JPGIMG_1266 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#172 4 years ago

My son has played this on his tablet and when I mentioned there was one possibly for sale he reaction was priceless

I told him it was sold and then I surprised him after I picked it up

A4CBA1A6-7937-4859-95C2-BB1147E8D6A4 (resized).jpegA4CBA1A6-7937-4859-95C2-BB1147E8D6A4 (resized).jpeg
#173 4 years ago

Nice man! Fun for days. 1812 is an underrated game IMO. Enjoy it.

#174 4 years ago

Has anyone removed the large sneeze guard plastic in the upper left part of the playfield? I think a few 3D printed distressed signs would replace the bits of information printed on it and if the signs were done like tombstones it would also enhace that area. I don't like how everything back there is hidden.

1 week later
#175 4 years ago

I’m now joining the club of people needing a willie woof slingshot plastic. Anyone have one I could buy? I saw Shaker ‘s post about the pinball center ones being poor quality, so I was trying to avoid that route. Thanks

#176 4 years ago

I’m looking for a nice one for my collection. Who’s ready to unload?

#177 4 years ago

Group

Maybe someone can help

My 1812 F1 in the power box is blowing after maybe 10 seconds of being on

Any ideas or pointers ?

Thank you

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Group
Maybe someone can help
My 1812 F1 in the power box is blowing after maybe 10 seconds of being on
Any ideas or pointers ?
Thank you

Should be a 8amp slo blo fuse. Is this a new issue that suddenly popped up?
-Mike

#179 4 years ago

Must of been a fluke

Replaced the F1

Works fine

Prolly original fuse from factory

Thanks

#180 4 years ago

Fairly new to this game

Display Question Though

I get these FD / FC sometimes on the lower display

It’s not constant like when scores are on there gone and during game play for most part are gone

At boot up not there

Anyone ever encounter this ??

See pic

1F52A200-DC40-46A1-BDF4-40796949AF96 (resized).jpeg1F52A200-DC40-46A1-BDF4-40796949AF96 (resized).jpeg
#181 4 years ago
BA9EEFC7-C298-4B53-86B6-C47747E90DA0 (resized).jpegBA9EEFC7-C298-4B53-86B6-C47747E90DA0 (resized).jpeg
#182 4 years ago

Issue is resolved

Went through settings and changed some features

4 months later
#183 4 years ago

Just bought this morning. Pretty clean machine, led’s throughout. Bought it locally. Everything seems to work, fun pin!

9C5C83A6-DFB6-4678-B054-4E307D0C6CD0 (resized).jpeg9C5C83A6-DFB6-4678-B054-4E307D0C6CD0 (resized).jpeg
#184 4 years ago

Just bought this morning. Pretty clean machine, led’s throughout. Bought it locally. Everything seems to work, fun pin!

89879CE0-D0F9-482F-8963-E5D6D5CDDC62 (resized).jpeg89879CE0-D0F9-482F-8963-E5D6D5CDDC62 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#185 4 years ago

Class of 1812 translite. Unsure if this is authentic. If it is the vacuum mold material it is worth having,even if just a wall hanger.
These are not mine and I have NO affiliation.
-Mike

ebay.com link: 0

#186 4 years ago

I did just ask if they were paper material or the vacuum form mold plastic type and the answer was plastic type material.
Screenshot of question below.
-Mike

Screenshot_2019-11-26-17-02-15 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-11-26-17-02-15 (resized).png
#187 4 years ago

They are flat and uncut but not molded they look legit original to me. Probably someone worked at the place that made them originally. I bought one a while back in an auction $5 + shipping, no way he could ship them that cheap rolled in a tube if they are the molded ones.

#188 4 years ago

Really Enjoy my 1812

Okay a couple rule questions.

1 - how does one dig up / lit up he main characters ?

2 - how does the center or the field lit up, seems very random with the inserts and bonus inserts

Thanks

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Really Enjoy my 1812
Okay a couple rule questions.
1 - how does one dig up / lit up he main characters ?
2 - how does the center or the field lit up, seems very random with the inserts and bonus inserts
Thanks

Mine's being babysat by a friend until a game that's pending sale is gone, but if my memory serves correctly, you collect the monsters by filling in the grid of inserts in the PF. You fill the grid of inserts by achieving various shots like ramps, spinners, scoops, targets, etc.

I'm fairly certain you can also collect a monster during multi-ball by entering the door prize scoop too.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Mine's being babysat by a friend until a game that's pending sale is gone, but if my memory serves correctly, you collect the monsters by filling in the grid of inserts in the PF. You fill the grid of inserts by achieving various shots like ramps, spinners, scoops, targets, etc.
I'm fairly certain you can also collect a monster during multi-ball by entering the door prize scoop too.

Thank you

2 weeks later
#191 4 years ago

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has a spare ball snubber for Class of 1812 or if you know of a replacement that will fit in place of original one? Mine is in a bad way and been hit one too many times.
Thanks in advance.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from dgsully:

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has a spare ball snubber for Class of 1812 or if you know of a replacement that will fit in place of original one? Mine is in a bad way and been hit one too many times.
Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat and have asked around. Would love a new one.

Steve Young even said he's got nothing to offer. Best thing him and I could come up with is to sand and polish mine back into form and reshape the sharp edges.

I also had luck wrapping mine in a thick clear mylar to give it a protective coating against some of it's sharper edging that's been whacked out of shape.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from dgsully:

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has a spare ball snubber for Class of 1812

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're talking about, even though I own the game...are you referring to this part:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29762

It's what I found when I searched ball snubber class of 1812 pinball...

Dave

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're talking about, even though I own the game...are you referring to this part:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29762
It's what I found when I searched ball snubber class of 1812 pinball...
Dave

The one in the game is different and is more of a straight metal plate sitting at a slight angle from the fastener holes. Pics below.

18122 (resized).jpg18122 (resized).jpg

#195 4 years ago

I guess I now know what that thing is called On the Marco website, it says it's compatible with class of 1812 so I wonder where that part would go if not on the kick out...

I just went and looked at my game and mine seems to be the straighter one, like yours. I wonder if the one that marco has can be used as a substitute for the one that's there?

Dave

1 week later
#196 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m looking for a nice one for my collection. Who’s ready to unload?

I got one! Yay! I’m in the club!

1 month later
#197 4 years ago

Are there any special ROMs for tournament play?

#198 4 years ago

My Class of 1812 is in the market

Ad with TONS of pics

Thanks
James

Shipping ok

#199 4 years ago

Working on an 1812. The left ramp does not register, but it does light these three lamps when I hit the switch. Any ideas? I am stumped and not a gottlieb guy.

72E14045-C9AA-498E-8D6A-5F301B6B4979 (resized).jpeg72E14045-C9AA-498E-8D6A-5F301B6B4979 (resized).jpeg
#200 4 years ago

I had issues with the crypt shot not registering on mine. The problem ended up being cracked solder joints and broken resistor leads on the small pcb mounted under the playfield. The problem with the switch not working could be an issue in either the switch or lamp matrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-clubmembers-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.