Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TheCnyPinGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BA9EEFC7-C298-4B53-86B6-C47747E90DA0 (resized).jpeg
1F52A200-DC40-46A1-BDF4-40796949AF96 (resized).jpeg
A4CBA1A6-7937-4859-95C2-BB1147E8D6A4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG
20190511_094029 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2018-11-19 134441 (resized).jpg
img183.jpg
20180725_195849 (resized).jpg
DSC_0851 (resized).jpg
73EF3257-9879-4374-8A17-6C69514D4357 (resized).png
641317CB-BB6B-4CD5-A5CC-CF31C404DA70 (resized).jpeg
E457132D-E951-458B-A01D-4FA0FD7AC28C (resized).jpeg
Service Bulletin 8-1-91 (resized).jpg
Service Bulletin 7-25-91 (resized).jpg
IMG_7253 (resized).JPG
IMG_7252 (resized).JPG

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

How is the vacuumed one supposed to attach? Mine is quite worn, and is just kind of shoved in the backbox behind the outer glass. It falls out as soon as I remove the outer glass. Should there be a second glass?

Going from memory (can look later), there are holes in the corners of the translite that attach to the cheap Gottlieb plastic pegs. A lot of the translites are completely busted up on theses corners and usually only the latch keeps them from falling out (it sits in front of the translite).

There is only one glas (with the screened balloons on it)....

Together they make a nice piece of wall art...

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

there are holes in the corners of the translite that attach to the cheap Gottlieb plastic pegs.

Just looked at mine and that makes sense. Mine is torn in both corners, so it won't hang. There is bulb burn in a couple places, and a notch cut out by the backbox latch. I think I'll buy one of the replacements to see if I can sandwich the two together to make it look better overall.

#53 6 years ago

Yea, I also seem to remember the translite being heald in place by plastic standoff posts in the corners. The section cut out for the latch is from the factory, believe it or not. Fortunately mine is perfect as I have also never seen one for sale.

2 months later
#54 6 years ago

Ok...anyone...my diverter gate isn't working. I am not sure how to go about fixing it. It is def not the fuse or the connector. Though I am not sure which wire color controls the diverter...anyone have a clue?

1 month later
#55 6 years ago

ok...I grounded the transistor tab and the diverter works...it just doesn't fire in the game....anyone?

#56 6 years ago

Can't tell the situation in the States but if you put this game at any show in Europe and it is not completely crowded - meaning all games are played any way - this game will be played well above average except maybe for the latest games. This is a game you can put anywhere. Everyone seems to like it. Not so much for game play, although this one is pretty easy to understand and it is the sheer humor and timeless motive which attracks non pinheads just as much.
- "My name is Zombie and I'm you host - believe I my friends to score the most" you will hear at the start and there is a spoken rhyme for every of the five stiffs if you complete the grid (is bonus).
- "My name is Trammp and I'm a vamp - when I do the strip the boys will flip" etcetera.
I even bought the SACD 'Tchaikovsky 1812' with the 1812 Overture taking a whopping 14:23. Only the version in the pin is better .
The only other CD I've bought because of a pin was Carlene Carter - litlle love letters.
To finish this post properly it must be: "See you at the next funeral".

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

believe I my friends to score the most

"...revive my friends to score the most."

My name is Trammp and I'm a vamp

"My name is Vamp, they call me a tramp. When my hips go bump your heart will thump."

See you at the next funeral

"See you at the next reunion..."

Sorry, I couldn't help it!

#58 6 years ago

haahhhah.. glad you correct it!!

1812!!!!!!!

#59 6 years ago

I know...I already feel bad for selling it

3 weeks later
#60 6 years ago

Well, I get to invite myself to this Grand Club!
As a new guest to the party, it would be rude not bring eats, or some brew.
Still havent figured out how to email beer!

But, I brought another Goodie, as I had trouble finding any cards.

With a few hours here is what I did.

The PDF prints fine....

Gottlieb_Class_of_1812_instruction_car.jpg Gottlieb_Class_of_1812_instruction_car.jpg

#61 6 years ago

wish I still had one...

#62 6 years ago

So I have a line on one with normal wear at the out holes etc. for $1000. Thoughts?

#63 6 years ago

Ive owned quite a few 1812s (probably 5), realized I liked the game and kept buying it back. So I wont sell this last one I have. Its not the nicest, but it plays great.

#64 6 years ago

Would you keep in a smaller collection?

#65 6 years ago

its a very cool, fun and funny game and different enough to keep you entertained. I think the theme isnt for everyone, but I like spooky themes and its perfect in my collection.

#66 6 years ago

Is it worth $1000?i thought it was really unique when I played it.

#67 6 years ago

$1000? I think they sell for more than that. Actually I can tell you I sold all mine between $1300-$1500 years ago. A local retailer sold one on CL here for $2200 6 months ago.

#68 6 years ago

One just sold on eBay for alittle over $700, needed heart and hand so def depends on the condition of yours

#69 6 years ago

yeah, i just checked.

$766 for one and it looks a little rough/faded.
ebay.com link

$1300 for one that didnt sell
ebay.com link

#70 6 years ago

Yup. That scared me a bit, but I know this one has both (played it before). I just don't think I can resist it. It's a keeper I think just because its so damn cool. The audio and weirdness of it are irreplaceable.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

yeah, i just checked.
$766 for one and it looks a little rough/faded.
Ebay link
$1300 for one that didnt sell
Ebay link

Weird that one didn't sell!

#72 6 years ago

I'm in at $1k. It's too cool not to be. I think it's worth a lot more.

#73 6 years ago

I was actually watching the $766 one because I would like to have one but seller would never answer any messages so that told me to stay away

#74 6 years ago

That is definitely scary.

4 months later
#75 5 years ago

Ok, I just picked one of these up. I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I did notice when I picked it up that both of the ramps have been repaired. I see that pinball resource has the ramps but it looks like it doesn't come with decals or flaps. I didn't see decals and flaps on the PB resource site, but that doesn't mean they don't have them as lots of things aren't listed on their website. Does anyone know if they have them? If they don't have the decals and flaps does anyone know of a source for them? I suspect I could reuse the flaps by riveting them onto the new ramps but not sure about the decals.

It's definitely a player's game but now I have to decide how much I want to spend on it to fix it up.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a source for the decals or whether PB resource has them, I'd appreciate it.

Dave

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Ok, I just picked one of these up. I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I did notice when I picked it up that both of the ramps have been repaired. I see that pinball resource has the ramps but it looks like it doesn't come with decals or flaps. I didn't see decals and flaps on the PB resource site, but that doesn't mean they don't have them as lots of things aren't listed on their website. Does anyone know if they have them? If they don't have the decals and flaps does anyone know of a source for them? I suspect I could reuse the flaps by riveting them onto the new ramps but not sure about the decals.
It's definitely a player's game but now I have to decide how much I want to spend on it to fix it up.
Anyway, if anyone knows of a source for the decals or whether PB resource has them, I'd appreciate it.
Dave

PBResource didnt have any decals in stock other than what was listed on their site. This was about 6 years ago that I did the refurb and placed the order, but I doubt Steve got more parts in for this machine. I transferred mine over (the decals). the flaps aren't riveted on gottliebs, they utilize the two post next to the ramp entrance to hold them down. If you end up needing the decals above the signs (not sure if he is out now, havent looked at 1812 parts for many years) I made scans of mine before I installed them.

I have about 100 reference pics if you need them similar to this- https://plus.google.com/photos/114677989241940608218/albums/5677562778270442977?hl=en_US

#77 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the ramp flaps. The game is still bundled up so I haven't had a chance to really look at it and have been going off pictures on IPDB. I'll need to set the game up and look at it to see what decals I'll need if I end up replacing the ramps, which I think I'm going to do.

If I end up needing decals for the ramps and/or signs, maybe somebody on here would have some extras or could produce them if Steve at PBR doesn't have them available. I'll definitely ask Steve as he sometimes has stuff that's not listed on his site.

I've already got a cliffy protector ordered for the game so now I just need to order up new posts, rubber, etc so that when CenterFlank shops this one out he can make it look as good as it can.

Dave

#78 5 years ago

So I took a look at this one yesterday and think the ramps (for sure the left side, right side is borderline) need to be replaced. In looking at how the plastics are connected to the ramps, it looks like there are plastic rivets. For those that have shopped this game, did you end up buying replacement rivets and putting the plastics back on with rivets or did you just use nuts/bolts to hold it in place after shopping it. If you used the black plastic rivets was there anything special about using them (need a tool, etc)?

I just want to be sure I have everything I need for CenterFlank once he starts shopping this game out. I've been wavering a bit on this one as it needs some TLC and I'm not sure how much I want to give it...

Dave

#79 5 years ago

I know this one quite well, so any questions you or Corey end up with, feel free to shoot them my way. If you need to see anything in "real time", just shoot me a PM and you can come out and compare notes in person.

The plastic rivets can be re-used. You simply pull the male out with a set of needlenose, and then you can pull the female out. New plastic rivets are nice, but not necessary. I actually find myself using these rivets in other applications as well, they are simple, but effective.

#80 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response...good to hear that they can be reused. I may order a couple anyway, just in case there are some missing or some get ruined while being removed.

I appreciate the offer to check out your game should we need to.

As I said, I'm just wavering a bit on pulling the trigger for the parts. The game is pretty dirty so it's hard to tell how well it's going to clean up and I hate putting lots of new parts on a game that might end up looking like a turd (if it doesn't clean up well).

Ah, the fun of owning pinball machines.

Dave

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

or those that have shopped this game, did you end up buying replacement rivets and putting the plastics back on with rivets or did you just use nuts/bolts to hold it in place after shopping it.

PBR has 'em. Like Ralph said - I find many uses for them now.

#82 5 years ago

Ok, I'm in the process of ordering parts for the Class of 1812 I have but I don't have a manual and PBR likes to know specifics

So, I'm thinking of ordering replacement clear plastic posts for this game as the ones I can see look brittle and crappy. I believe there are 2 different sizes used on this game but I have no idea how many of each. Does the manual indicate how many of each are used? If not, does anyone have a reasonable estimate? Worst case scenario, I'll order them after the game is apart for shopping (CenterFlank is going to do it so I'm trying to get everything he needs ahead of time).

Also, the post that's to the right of the left side ramp, which has a bracket attached to it (actually, the bracket is attached to a post on either side of the ramp) had a screw broken off in it. Anyone know which post I need to order to replace the one that's there?

Finally, I'm thinking of replacing the lane guides and posts in the top rollover area but am not sure of the part numbers for the individual pieces that are there. Anyone have that information (part number and quantity needed)? I'm not sure I need to replace them but while CenterFlank is in there cleaning things up, might as well put new ones in if they're available. If they're not, I'll make do.

Appreciate any info you have.

Dave

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

solved my problem....just need to take a needle nose and crimp the sockets a bit This game is quickly becoming the most popular in my collection....It is mucho fun!

Yeah that center insert lamp board is a bear to keep all them lamps working! Just got done twerking mine to get them all to work. Problem is it seems once you get them all working and put the board back in then another one gets loose.
Best way to do it is to pull the board out (easy one plug and a couple cotter pins) and sit down with a pliers and crimp the sockets so the lamps stay tight then put er back in...

1 week later
#84 5 years ago

I'm sure I'm asking about things that are unobtainium but I needed to replace the ramps on my 1812 and I wasn't able to save the stickers/decals from the older ones to transfer to the newer ones. Are these available anywhere? Anyone make them on their own that could make another set?

I'd appreciate any leads anyone has on these.

Thanks,

Dave

2 months later
#85 5 years ago

Any Class of 1812 owners in the Midwest area looking to sell? Looking to possibly trade Cyclone for one.

2 months later
#86 5 years ago

backglass-class-1812.png

That translite is perfect! The rules suck on this game but there is enough charm elsewhere to make this machine a keeper in a larger collection. The sound package especially is super frickin' awesome! and the atmosphere is fucked up. I'm making this my lucky # 13 game if my collection gets that big.

#87 5 years ago

The rules are kind of lame, but I love it! Plenty to do, easy enough to understand, some of the best sound to ever come out of a pinball machine, and it's fun!

Certainly on the top half of my wishlist. Wish there was one around here.

#88 5 years ago

I am a member of this club also and love this game! My wife played it at cax a couple years back and dragged me across the entire floor to show it to me. I bought it for her as a gift for our second wedding anniversary. She freaked when she saw it. I basically drove down to LA and back in one day to get it...(had to go into work early that day )

1 month later
#89 5 years ago

My right ramp is totaly broken and wanna order a new one at Marcospecialities.
Only problem is the stickers are not there; somebody has a scan of it?
thanks a lot

2 months later
#90 4 years ago

How do I join this club? I own a Class of 1812 and would love some info on getting it to work again please!!

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from boogieyay:

How do I join this club? I own a Class of 1812 and would love some info on getting it to work again please!!

By order of the owners of Class of 1812, I vote to accept boogieyay into the owner's club. All in favor say aye.

Looks like you're in.

Dave

3 weeks later
#93 4 years ago

The best Gottlieb ever made is Class of 1812. I love this fuckin' pin.
If the rules are a bit shallow the style of the game more than makes up for it...

maxresdefault.jpg

1 month later
#94 4 years ago

Anyone near Mn/Wi maybe looking to sell there Class of 1812??

6 months later
#96 4 years ago

I've been tracking this one out for quite some time...

Just arrived!

2015-07-31_19.14.15.jpg

2015-07-31_19.16.17.jpg

2015-07-31_19.16.21.jpg

2015-07-31_19.16.27.jpg

2015-07-31_19.16.50.jpg

2015-07-31_19.16.08.jpg

2015-07-31_19.15.55.jpg

#97 4 years ago

I'm missing the overlays for the glass (the ballons, etc)

Anyone know where i can buy it

#98 4 years ago

Mike Pacak has one on Ebay right now. $49 US. I'd guess he has a few.

3 weeks later
#99 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anybody here have one for sale?

I'm thinking of selling mine. Just not enough room in the new house.

1 month later
#100 4 years ago

Finally joined the club! After a year and a half search I am driving my class of 1812 home. It's routed and needs cleaned, new heart or suitable replacement, have a nos glass on the way, just need to find a translite that will work without being vacuum formed. Any ideas of where to get one? I have a nos translite on the way but not vacuum formed so I'm not sure if it'll work or not

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 249.00
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 60.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 93.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.95
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 10.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside