PXL_20230925_235129525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230924_195819017 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235016342 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230925_235127848 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_185034454 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230918_214607111 (resized).jpg
lightbaffle (resized).png
PXL_20230909_171417624 (resized).jpg
There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 11 years ago

Ok...I have to admit...I'm not a member...yet! I just want to know more about this machine. I played a few games on Sunday and laughed my ass off! YES...now I am sans ass! So, help me!...is this game as much fun as it seemed? Problems? Does the rubber Beating Heart eventually rot? Can you get replacement parts at all?? Let's chat....

#2 11 years ago

Oh man this is one club I want to me a member of. I do know there were some hearts and teeth availible last fall. I found one but it slipped outta my greasy little fingers.

#3 11 years ago

i have a couple of them and here are my thoughts

the game is a lot of fun. the beating heart, the chicken callout during multi-ball, the witty commentary by the characters.

the issues i have is that out of the three i have only one has a working heart (the other two are rotted and/or missing), the same thing goes for the hand. as far as i can tell there are no NOS or direct drop in replacement hearts or hands. the best i have been able to come up with is going to a halloween or prop shop and getting some other body parts and making them work.

while it is not a Monster Bash, it is a lot of fun. I would not consider it as a stand alone game, but in a collection of 4/5 or more it can be a great addition.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah!...those hearts can be slippery!

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the info nmeun87007! How hard was it to replace the beating heart??

#6 11 years ago

You can replace the heart with anything you want. The originals rotted and there arent any replacements that are factory.

I know the game intimately, have had one for 8 years after bringing it back from the dead-

https://picasaweb.google.com/114677989241940608218/ClassOf1812?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have the original heart in decent shape and a repro hand from PBR.... Also put in all new ramps, the game isn't going anywhere, it is my wife's favorite, and it is a guilty pleasure pin. It isn't a deep game to play, just a "charming" game to play.... Audio and art is fantastic...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the info nmeun87007! How hard was it to replace the beating heart??

Very simple... the original foam heart just sits on a bracket that goes up and down when it is activated (with a flasher too).....

#8 11 years ago

I guess it would be a good idea to coat the heart with something to keep it from rotting? I think I'll start looking for this game! I know where the one I played is ...but a bit steep...
Thanks!!

#9 11 years ago

What would be the average cost of this machine now?

#10 11 years ago

Not sure what you can coat it with, it is a thin rubber that simply deteriorates over time. If you have a solution let me know.

The game typically sells for 1000-1200 for an average one.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks ralph! Hopefully $2k can get me an excellent one....

#12 11 years ago

Yay another members only club

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I didn't receive my jacket yet, really looking forward to that sweet satin feel....

#14 11 years ago

Hopefully they'll have one at the Allentown Show.....

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

If that's supposed to be sarcastic, than Beat It!

#16 11 years ago

I have had mine for a few years now. Like others have said, the heart and hand were very deteriorated. These are latex and have a limited lifespan. I managed to find very good replacements from a prop shop. I was even able to mount the heart over the original assembly and make it pump better than the original.

The game is a lot of fun, very different. The audio is exceptionally good with lots of humor and catchy/spooky music. Every time I have a pin party there's always a few new people that comment on how they had never even heard of the game before, but now they love it. Having said that, while the gameplay is good, the depth is lacking. It could get repetative in a small collection. I think this game averaged around $1300 when I started looking. I bought mine for $1000 with the flippers not working. Very few examples come up for sale, but I think the price has climbed a little. Some nice ones have broken the 2k mark.

-Brian

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Yea, beat it, Justin! Members only!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I was even able to mount the heart over the original assembly and make it pump better than the original.

Thanks Brian. This is good news indeed! Yes, there are plenty of cool body parts. And in my business I'm sure I could have one of the effects guys duplicate it.
(if I ever do that, I'll let you know and hook you up!)

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can replace the heart with anything you want. The originals rotted and there arent any replacements that are factory.

I know the game intimately, have had one for 8 years after bringing it back from the dead-

https://picasaweb.google.com/114677989241940608218/ClassOf1812?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have the original heart in decent shape and a repro hand from PBR.... Also put in all new ramps, the game isn't going anywhere, it is my wife's favorite, and it is a guilty pleasure pin. It isn't a deep game to play, just a "charming" game to play.... Audio and art is fantastic...

Beautiful job on cleaning and touching yours up! Looks like it was pretty rough to begin with -- how long of a restore job was that?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Beautiful job on cleaning and touching yours up! Looks like it was pretty rough to begin with -- how long of a restore job was that?

Thanks, I am not the fastest, but I would say I had about 30 hours into the playfield if I had to guess.... At some point you stop keeping track of time or it will end up depressing you when all you want to do is play it....

#21 11 years ago

Hopefully someone has a MP3 of the clucking chicken song.

#22 11 years ago

It IS pretty funny!

golden_egg.gifgolden_egg.gif

#23 11 years ago

I want to join this club as well, not an easy task.

#24 11 years ago

Very elusive machine. I owned one for about 2 years and as one other guy above put it, the machine has charm, but didn't hold up for me long term. Not sure if I would ever buy one again unless the price was really, really cheap - which is most likely not going to happen. John

#25 11 years ago

Yeah, if I can find one for the right price...I'm IN!

#26 11 years ago

I have owned a lot of 1812s and its a keeper for me

Fun, funny and rare enough to get peoples attention.

Jon

1812_1.JPG1812_1.JPG 1812_2.JPG1812_2.JPG 1812_3.JPG1812_3.JPG 1812_4.JPG1812_4.JPG

#27 11 years ago

Grrrrr! The Pinball place in CT had a CO1812 for under 2K. By the time I called...it was gone!

#28 11 years ago

Anybody here have one for sale?

1 month later
#29 10 years ago

I just got my class of 1812 at the Rocky Mtn Pinball showdown. It has all of the working parts, the only issues are there are a few insert lamps out. I changed the lamps but they are still out...are there known lamp issues here or should i just start working it out?

#30 10 years ago

solved my problem....just need to take a needle nose and crimp the sockets a bit This game is quickly becoming the most popular in my collection....It is mucho fun!

#31 10 years ago

Yeah...and I was told there are plenty of cool beating heart off the shelf replacement parts around. Now go play Bone Busters...and you'll want one...

#32 10 years ago

I have an extra heart...the one in the machine is an off the shelf Halloween prop that has been hollowed out and put in place. It looks as good or better than the original.

Gottlieb has some interesting games that stay cheap because people are afraid of anything that is not Bally/Williams. The ground situation is not even a thing..the fixes take 1 hour and can be done by a fairly inexperienced op......maybe with help

1812.jpg1812.jpg

#33 10 years ago

Wow! Looks great!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Gottlieb has some interesting games that stay cheap because people are afraid of anything that is not Bally/Williams.

Shhhh.... let's keep that on the low down!!

#35 10 years ago

That looks like the same heart prop I put in mine. It was pretty easy to hollow out the foam and mount it over the assembly. Works 100%.

#36 10 years ago

I'm pumped!

#38 10 years ago

That was great!!

#39 10 years ago

Not sure what this is, think it is an original uncut translite. Not very familiar with Gottlieb stuff. Anyone know if they shipped like this?

IMG_0534.jpgIMG_0534.jpg

#40 10 years ago

Whoa! That's pretty cool!

#41 10 years ago

I have seen those flat translites floating around on eBay since I got into pinball. There seem to be a lot of them out there, but I'm not sure where they came from. The original translites were all 3D embossed plastic...

#42 10 years ago

How much are they?

#43 10 years ago

Bok, Bok, BOKAAAA!!!

Always loved this game, everytime multiball starts i p*ss myself laughing.....

#44 10 years ago

I hope you don't get multiball often...

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The original translites were all 3D embossed plastic...

So the what the heck is this? Some sort of promo thing? Looks like this one was wall art at one point. Wonder how it would look backlit in a light box.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

So the what the heck is this? Some sort of promo thing? Looks like this one was wall art at one point. Wonder how it would look backlit in a light box.

It is a translite that didn't get vacuum formed. Mike Pacak had a ton of them at one time and they have been on Ebay in the $20 range forever. They are nice wall art (that is what I use mine for) or nice if your original is missing completely.

You arent going to find a nice vacuum formed translite out there for sale. I have been looking for 8 years, and they just dont come up.

#47 10 years ago

How is the vacuumed one supposed to attach? Mine is quite worn, and is just kind of shoved in the backbox behind the outer glass. It falls out as soon as I remove the outer glass. Should there be a second glass?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It is a translite that didn't get vacuum formed.

Thanks for the info. Wall art it is then.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

How is the vacuumed one supposed to attach?

When I had mine, it held in place when I opened the backbox. Can't quite remember how, though I remember a notch was taken out near the lock which may have helped it stay in place behind the mech.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-of-1812-clubmembers-only/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.