• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #70 Link to Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets Posted by Damon (7 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by RTR (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Personally my biggest goal in calling monday to ARA/VDL/Bally/Universal will be to understand the basic framework and paradigm of the agreements. The biggest problem is that everything we know is through, for the most part, DP. We dont know whats true and whats not at this point. If someone hadnt called ARA wed all still think this was a board isssue, we were literally lied to, then told to our faces that we were lied to. Its difficult for me to trust what DP is telling me, id rather call the companies and ask them direct questions myself

Good luck, but I doubt anyone will discuss contract details with someone who calls out of the blue and isn't a party to those contracts.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

You can doubt it but thats how we found about about all the board stuff. Someone emailed/spoke to ARA and they told us about the non payment from DP which led to where were at now.

Never say never, I suppose. I can see an aggrieved party speaking out more than someone who isn't. But we are in the era of Wikileaks aren't we.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

Given the laser focus on money that Universal has, do you really think that they'd even spend lawyer time talking to an unknown like DP if there wasn't going to be cash up front? Again, never say never, but I'd be VERY surprised if someone authorized a license deal that didn't include an up-front payment. Not to say that there isn't more per machine, but you bet your money they aren't depending on the machines to sell to make something out of this deal.

I seem to recall back in the Phil days someone quoted about $70,000 up front payment for the TBL license. I have no idea where now, or if I'm confusing it with something else. Maybe someone else has a better memory of that.

5 months later
#553 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

So, to return to the original question. Do we wait for more broken promises or go ahead and put them out of their misery with a lawsuit? I don't mind initiating the lawsuit. The goal would be for them to come clean on refunds, or barring that, force them into bankruptcy, then buy the rights to TBL. Someone like JJP or Spooky might make the game at that point. I imagine everyone with deposits would lose them, including me.
I'm just tired of excuses. I want my TBL and I would just as soon have someone else build it.

As a two-time loser to JPoP and Twisted Pins (almost a third on TBL), I can tell you it's a losing proposition to throw good money after bad going the legal route. Unfortunately, deadbeats have so much room to maneuver and drag things out that you never really get justice. By the time you get close, you're number 20 in line for pennies on the dollar. Far less than you spent to get there. It's a terrible reality in these matters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.