• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #70 Link to Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets Posted by Damon (7 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by RTR (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Wanted to offer my two cents, though I'm not in the same boat as many here as I have my TBL.
We all acknowledge the inherent risk in crowdfunding a project, since we, the customers, bear a large part of the burden of financing the project often in its incipient stages, making that investment in good faith with the expectation that it will be returned in kind. We have seen this model work brilliantly, and we have seen it fail. I think a lot of us have a short memory, and forget how trying the delays with Wizard of Oz were when they hit issues with their supply chain. But, to their credit, Jack and his company had a vision and a commitment, and they ultimately delivered.
Like many of you, I kept my wager on the table with DP and TBL through some rocky times: the licensing issues, the Phil debacle. What kept me faithful wasn't just my absolute adoration for the theme, but I also truly believed that the guys at DP were committed to releasing a great game to those who believed in their ability, and I will say that I think that they have made a truly great game with TBL.
I know some people are getting irritated, and they are starting to find Barry and Jaap to be aloof, but I'd recommend you take a moment to consider how complicated the situation is. We are dealing with a game produced outside the USA for distribution in the USA. There are a lot of moving parts to this, and the situation is both logistically and legally complex. I doubt Barry and Jaap's counsel want them directly responding to inquiries without ensuring that the responses don't break any terms of their agreements that could further jeopardize their position.
As many of you read on here, my initial TBL delivery was a nightmare, with the delivery guys destroying the game; the damage was so extensive that the game was totaled and they had to rebuild a new one for me. This was before the ARA dispute, but I found both Cointaker and DP to be absolutely wonderful at making a very bad situation good again, and I got to witness first-hand how much these guys care about their customers.
I also see it with the quality of their BoP 2.0 kits, which I also own. The design and the BOM increased from pre-order to the final product, but they honored their commitment to my order and delivered a hell of a package.
Bottom line is that these guys are talented designers and programmers. They care about their product and their fans/customers. I don't for a minute believe this to be a "take the money and run" situation.
The last NSNL brought a lot of the issues into the light, and they did so honestly. It certainly sounds like ARA decided to change the terms of the deal after it had closed, and are holding the games hostage as a negotiating tactic. It sounds sketchy, if DP's account is fair and accurate. I don't know what the laws are in The Netherlands, but here, that's a breach of contract, and I am sure there would be grounds to force the manufacturer to release the games and parts, and then to allow both sides to negotiate new terms, or go their separate ways. Given that DP isn't distributing in the US, there's another party that can be leveraged here. It sounds like a mess.
In my mind, DP giving in and paying the extra $1000 or so per game (or passing that cost along to customers) totally undermines their position, and essentially sets a precedent that ARA can continue to hold their materials hostage and force a price hike any time they want.
In short, I believe in the DP guys. They've done right by me with my investments in both of their properties released to date. I think these guys truly want to find a solution, but I think they realize--and we all should realize--that disputes which require litigation can take years to resolve. But a resolution will be found that will find everyone honoring their commitments.
We've all waited a long time. Pulling your investment means also pulling your support in their fight with ARA. Ultimately, it could bring the project and the company down. I know it's hard to think about waiting more, but I'm going to assume that none of us who put down this kind of money actually needs the money to avoid losing the house and the car. It's money we wrote off on our personal budgets a long time ago. I'm hoping that with a little patience, everyone will have their TBLs someday soon. Because it is an awesome game.

Why would DP care if they set a precedent with ARA by paying the upcharge (if that is true anyway)? Why would they care what ARA does once the hostage games are sent out and parts are recovered? Get that upcharge (?) paid and move on to your better (as DP sees it) contract manufacturer. Where angels sing and rainbows shine! Jaap has already stated that their relationship is pretty much over and they have found a new contract manufacturer.

I know the "precedent" argument is DP's words and not yours. But, I don't fully understand the reasoning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit?tu=pinghetto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.