• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #70 Link to Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets Posted by Damon (7 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by RTR (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 7 years ago

Guys, first off; this is coming from a guy that got burnt on the Predaturd fiasco. It took a long time before I stopped spitting sand over the thought of losing 5k to my own stupidity. I got caught up in the "hype" and was blinded by the obvious-how the hell is someone who dresses like a pirate going to build 250 machines in his basement? My back is sore with the thought of carrying 250 Predaturds up the stairs. When I first stumbled upon this thread I was shocked to read DP was in trouble as I thought they were headed towards success with TBL. I own a BOP2.0 kit and love it other then they cheaped out on some of the hardware which was easy enough to upgrade. I've played TBL and think its a very solid game. I hope everything works out for those that have given deposits and DP gets back on track but when a company, entity, or person resorts to lying to their customers who through their deposits and support helped position said company into the market, thats not only big red flag but seriously bad form. At the price point TBL is, there is no reason DP doesn't have dollars in the bank??? How much do you think these guys have paid themselves over the years and not to mention all the marketing, release parties, travelling to shows, and other spendatures(made that one up)? My guess is that DP was spending money like it was growing on trees because it pretty much was when times were good. Any start up company needs to have money to fall back on in tough times, if not failure is imminent. Lets say they presell all 250 BOP25's. I don't see how that is going to help anyone that has deposits on TBL? They are trying to tell you that the profits from BOP25 will go towards bailing out TBL but what happened to the profits from TBL?? The company that was established by using hobbyists money is now asking the same hobbyists to bail them out of the turmoil by investing more of their money towards another game that has no assurances that will see all 250 units made. If DP was unable to build all orders for TBL with their previous manufacture, what makes you think they will be able to crank out 250 units with a new manufacturer? Obviously the issue with DP is the misuse of money. To be successful these boutique companies need to do more then just come up with a cool theme with a decent layout. They need to ensure their company can sustain positive growth if it is going to take them 4 years to manufacture 1 title. I think that is the problem with DP and TBL. To much time has passed for them to be able to pull a profit from it. As the old sayings go - Time is Money or Time is the Enemy; pick one. For BOP3.0 to be the success they want it to be, they would need to be able to produce all 250 units in the time it takes Stern to crank out 250 units which I don't see happening anytime soon. I hope all this gets sorted out and buyers either get their money back or their machines.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hey John, its pretty safe to say that all DP members are in this pro-bono as far as I know.

This is highly unlikely.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

It is, my mistake, apologise for that . pro Bono is not the term I should have used, probably more in the lines of, no cure, no pay

So they worked for free for 4 years?

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yep, that's right

I find this very hard to believe. Where is all the money then?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit?tu=ninjaboot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.