Topic Stats

• 622 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by lexi
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #70 Link to Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets Posted by Damon (3 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by RTR (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For about a year I was able to think about the initials "DP" without chuckling and thinking about Double Penetration.
That time is over.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, it's just begun! Once for Lebowski, another for BOP Stupid LE!

Quoted from TRAMD:

He's saying the time for NOT thinking about double penetration is over and the time for DO thinking about it is beginning.

A true DP would be one of each (TBL and BOPsLE)

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How about entertaining an honest mediation with the 3 sides represented?

Do we know that ARA are open to mediation? Imagine they probably are if they have 40+ games just sitting in their warehouse. DP certainly should be. Maybe Jonathan can work some magic there.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

What a mess. No one is going to be able to start up a pin company anymore based on the last couple of companies that have screwed people over. (DP and Jpop) I played the pin at the Ohio Show last year. It was cool. Sigh....

American Pinball's doing it. Heighway just did it. Looking forward to AP shipping their game and have good confidence that they'll find the way to do it.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

As I understand it, they still owe the original coder $12k USD and a Magic Girl and have ignored any communication from him. So they aren't exactly squeaky clean either

Eh, no. That's Zidware and Zidware alone that owe the original coder of Magic Girl as well as the artist and several vendors. American Pinball is NOT Zidware.

They have shipped less than 100 FTHs and not even 20 Aliens. He's been very clever and making sure that the very limited amount of Aliens shipped so far have gone to very vocal Pinside members. I'm still waiting for them to ramp up to the '100s per month' that Andy was always harping on about.

We'll see. I'm leaning toward "they'll get it done."

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Why doesn't DP do what other business owners do during these types of crises? Raise cash either from investors or mortgage your house and assets, get the games out to fulfill your contractual obligation, then work through the issues with your suppliers on your dime?

Something tells me these guys are already upside down in their personal finances, given the current situation.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Then why not just call/email DP and ask for the details and facts instead of sending another layperson to ask?

Another "we're having a board issue"-type response isn't needed. The truth is needed.

#227 3 years ago

Do you think Jonathan would be more or less honest than DP? Whatever that case may be, the sense is that a whole lot more people would trust Jonathan over DP.

Agreed with other posters since then that maybe he'd not be the best choice for moderator since (apparently) he's in on TBL himself. That may make it appear to ARA that he'd lean DP's way during any moderation and Jonathan may not be seen as impartial by all parties.

That said, it doesn't appear he'd ever agreed to be a moderator anyway

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Still don't get it... It isn't about Jonathan's honesty, Jonathan can only forward what DP says to him, it's about DP's honesty to laypeople.

It's about the truth that may come out when a single trusted person (moderator) speaks to both parties. Lately there's not a lot of trust in what DP says directly.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That being said - now it's looking like ARA's version of the story wasn't true...and if that's the case and this Rene guy was extorting them...then Dutch's lie was indeed to protect the project. While I completely understand people still being cynical (hey, I still am!) ...the firing of Rene seems to validate Dutch's story and reasons...I think it makes sense to see how the discussions with the new ARA bosses go. It's pure dumb luck for all of us that this happened....but it's something and the potential for progress is there.

Just seems weird that DP would have to cook up this BoP 3 project then. Lying about some "board issue" to protect ARA so the project doesn't go belly-up seems a little strange as well.

Then again, you could look at this as... why did the DM get fired? We still don't know that. Maybe he got fired for agreeing to talk to Jonathan about the project. Let's hope it's not that, and it's along the lines of what people are saying.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I do have that effect on people But sorry, nobody agreed to anything. I was told he was out of his office this week and asked to call back next week. But how about we test your theory? Where do you work?

LAWL

#343 3 years ago

Can we just ditch the political crap, please? I come here for stress release (which, all things considered, might be a mistake anyway)... and lately some of these threads are starting to bum me out. Thank you.

#354 3 years ago

13y on Pinside and less than 300 posts? Impressive. HUO Pinside account

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good lord, indeed.

Well, "'Vette, it was" that Walter destroyed ... trying to teach little Larry not to find a stranger in the Alps.

#389 3 years ago

Or maybe the meeting was just to do a cold reboot on the relationship and have everyone lay everything out on the table, so to speak. The meeting could be considered a success if all that happened was that the two sides were talking again and establishing a good relationship moving forward.

2 weeks later
#424 3 years ago

Well, may the fourth be with you. Always.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sorry to sound like a Noob. I've been trying to understand what is actually happening with this lawsuit.
Can someone point me to a place that outlines what's going on in more detail.

No apparent class-action lawsuit at this time. Looks like DP & ARA are negotiating.

1 week later
#478 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!

rd (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
€ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 4.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside